• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top Ten Games That I Want To See On Wii's VC

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
(I hope this is in the right section.)

Hello, Zelda Dungeon Community! Some of you are likely aware that I joined this site only several weeks ago. However do to time constraints, my number of posts has been severely limited. In any event, I’ve been working on several discussion articles, and look forward to posting them soon. In any case, I managed to, (merely because I had to post something), type up a quick article. It is more of a top ten sort of thing, meaning it is not very in depth, though I hope you enjoy it. The article in itself is as follows.
(I was never a fan of writing top tens…)

I have always been a fan of playing old games. In gaming, I tend to follow a “the older the better” philosophy, and it has proven true on countless occasions. This is a truth acknowledged by many gamers, which is one of the reasons why many a classic series has been able to succeed against newer titles, often doing much better. Still, there remain those players new to a series, or even genre, who wish to play the video games renowned by gamers. Yes, the classic emulator approach is often taken, as well as simply buying the older system, or ports of the old games to newer platforms. Still, for the more casual gamer, these options seem a significant amount of effort. With this in mind, Nintendo has managed to reach out to gamers everywhere with it’s “virtual console”, allowing games from past systems to be accessed by anyone (and at a decent price). I am quite impressed with the number of games up for download at present, though I have only downloaded a few titles, as I prefer to play them on the system for which they were intended. In any event, here is a list of the “Top Ten Games Nintendo Should Put Up For Download On It’s Virtual Console” (a mouthful, I know), that I think would be highly successful. Whatever the reason that they cannot/have not been put up, it would seem to be a wise decision to make these available. (This is only going from games I have played.)

(Correct me if any of these are up since last time I checked.)

10. Metal Gear (NES)
“I feel asleep.” I’ve found that the more I reference this, the less people seem to know what I am quoting. Metal Gear in itself is a successful franchise (as we’ve seen, note “Snake Eater 3D”...), though, surprisingly, not many modern gamers have bothered to play the game that started the franchise. If not to suit longtime fans, Metal Gear at least deserves to be thrown up on the downloadable for it purely being a fun and addicting game.

9. Banjo Kazooie (N64)
I can remember when first I played this comic tale. Such a classic is a staple to anyone wanting to get the full “Nintendo 64 experience” (if you’ll excuse my making up of the term). This masterpiece by Rare is both humorous and plain entertaining.

8. Pokemon Stadium (N64)
Come on Nintendo! Plenty of Pokemon fans truly do not know what they’re missing. Yes, I have full access to the game, but truly feel that it would be a success in terms of number of downloads. The game kicked off the 3D Pokemon battle concept that plays itself out to this day. Not only is the multiplayer pure entertainment, but also an intense challenge against friends. However, if one does not have a live opponent with them, the single player modes provide a surprisingly difficult challenge lacked by many of the modern console games (*coughs*GaleofDarkness*coughs*). Curse you Sand Attack! Seriously, how’d Pokemon: Puzzle League beat this to the Virtual Console?

7. Resident Evil 2 (N64)
The good old days of survival horror! I remember when using bullets was always a massive decision, if you were even given bullets at all. I take it you’re all gamers. Need I truly tell you why this game needs to be put up immediately?

6. Fire Emblem (NES)
“Fire What? Oh! That game with… uh…. Marth, right?” I’ve heard this in various forms way to often. Yes, this game has gotten a DS remake, but, being a massive Fire Emblem fan, I would love to see this classic on the Virtual Console.

5. Clock Tower (Snes)
I’ve only played this Japanese release only game recently, and it can provide scares unrivaled. I’m getting relatively lazy right now, so feel free to look this one up. Nintendo hasn’t done much for horror fans in a while, and this survival horror would surely be a success. Why is it that the more pixilated games are always more disturbing.

4. Donkey Kong 64 (N64)
Another masterpiece by Rare which inexplicably has not shown up for download on the Wii. A great adventure, it is certainly a must play.

3. GoldenEye 007 (N64)
There are three ways you can instantly satisfy me with a First Person Shooter. First, you can have my play Crysis on a gaming computer with graphical settings turned up all the way (yes, I’m a PC supremacist, though more of that in a future article). Second, you can play me online in Conduit with a group of friends (not Explosive matches, though…. Please…. Way too many of those these days.). Third, (and the most effective way to get an 11/10 gaming experience), you can put me in a room with a group of friends with an N64, GoldenEye 007, and a four controllers. Yes, I did just finish playing a Golden Eye multiplayer match before writing this. Seriously, a remake, and Nintendo doesn’t throw the original out to be played? Imagine it. The old days… reborn.

2. Final Fantasy VI/III (Snes)
We’ve seen IV already released on VC, as well as a DS remake (still the best game I’ve played on DS). They’re edging ever closer to reaching this legendary title.

1. Earthbound (Snes)
We’re waiting. Enough said.

This list could go on forever, and I apologize for writing so little. In any event…
What games do you wish to see on VC, and would you download them? Do you agree/disagree with any of these? Why? Please reply.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
Moonwalker. I'm a HUGE Michael Jackson fan and this is an amazing Genesis game! Not that I've ever played it but I've seen video. It's epic.

Hm... Lets see.

1. Castlevania (Nintendo 64):
"What?" Yes, I love that freaking game. The game play is terrific! But, I think the graphics can be a bit changed, I can say. I would love to see the Skeleton's to be more life like (Sort of in Twilight Princess). And the final battal with Dracula and with one of the main characters to be more epic like. It would be wonderfull to see Caire's Light power to be more brighter and her clothes more colourful than just regular Green, Pink, and Blue. Let their be more purple! :D

2. Mighty Bomb (NES)
I'm just imagining that game more 3D like. *Drools*

3. Fire Emblem (Gameboy Advance (?))
It is one of my favourite Fire Emblem games. I'm just Imagining Ninian transforming into a Dragon and trying to find Eliwood. And then Eliwood kills Ninian (By accident of course). BOOM! I would just be crying right there. -w-

You know what, these are the only 3 I can think of at the moment. (Crap)

EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THE FIRE EMBLEM GAMES NOT RELEASED IN AMERICA.

And for them to release New Mystery of the Emblem- Heros of Light and Shadow while they're at it. I really want that game.

This is possible, they released Super Mario Bros 2 The Lost Levels and a few other ones. They mark these titles with a Japanese flag and the word "Import" and they also charge 100 more points for them ($1).

Godkarmachine

Angry Megaman Fan
1.- EarthBound
Definitely we need this title, been waiting for it since Wii came out, most awesome RPG ever made, funny, dramatic, sad sometimes, excellent music, and the list goes on...
2.- Megaman X
This game is awesome, one of my favourite action games
3.- Megaman 5, 6
There's Megaman 1 through 4, 9 and 10 already on VC, so why not? by the way I'm a huge megaman fan xD
4.- Chrono Trigger
It's one of the best games ever made and I want to play it again
5.- Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island
I Loved this game so much in my childhood :D

Don't know if this goes here but I also hope capcom puts Megaman X9 via WiiWare

jugglaj91

I am me....
I don't think I can name 10 but I can try.

Conker's Bad Fur Day - I loved this game. BUt with Microsoft owning Rare now I doubt it will be so.

Donkey Kong 64 - Yet to play it but I really want to. But again comes the problem with Rare. I know they just did DKC Returns but it could be old licenses that could be the problem.

THis is hard for me as I am not sure what is on the VC entirely and I am much too lazy to look them up. But I will edit this if I think of anymore. But CBFD would get my download in a heartbeat. I have the Xbox version but it isn't the same.

Michael Heide

The 8th Wise Man
8. Pokemon Stadium (N64)
Come on Nintendo! Plenty of Pokemon fans truly do not know what they’re missing. Yes, I have full access to the game, but truly feel that it would be a success in terms of number of downloads. The game kicked off the 3D Pokemon battle concept that plays itself out to this day. Not only is the multiplayer pure entertainment, but also an intense challenge against friends. However, if one does not have a live opponent with them, the single player modes provide a surprisingly difficult challenge lacked by many of the modern console games (*coughs*GaleofDarkness*coughs*). Curse you Sand Attack! Seriously, how’d Pokemon: Puzzle League beat this to the Virtual Console?
That's because Puzzle League didn't need a linkup to your transfer pak. How else would you let the Wii communicate with your GB cartridge? The DS isn't that far backwards compatible. It only goes back to GBA games, the DSi doesn't even go back that far. So for Pokemon Arena to be playable, you'd need a completely new version of the game that is compatible with FireRed and LeafGreen. So with all the necessary programming, they just as well might release a Pokemon Battle Revolution 2 instead and charge a full prize.

HappyMaskSlsman

Smilus Creepus
MH, you do have a point with the game "connectability". I completely forgot about that, seeing as I never used it. Very true, though they could just remove it from the game (not likely, though).

Augh! Thanks all, as you've pointed out a few games that I can't believe my mind escaped. >.<

Yep, Chrono Trigger should definately be in my top ten... I check every month to see if they decide to add it. How could I have forgotten?

Castlevania 64 was originally on the list, but I took it off mine and replaced it with ClockTower (since I have only played small portions of the former).

I've honestly never played Bad Fur Day, despite many a reccomendation.

Moonwalker? Would I spend money on that? I think, in the end, I would.:P

On the Fire Emblem note, yes, I've always loved the simplicity of the game itself. It manages to create truly emotional moments. Am I the only one who would reset the level every time I lost a character. Though the GBA releases are amazing games, I doubt they would appear on the Wii. Still, there's hope for the 3DS's VC.

Rare's current situation does prove a difficult predicament for rerelease of some of the best past games. We can always hope, however.

Does anyone know if Harvest Moon 64 is up for download? I can remember long days of being addicted to it. I'm surprised I ever considered playing the game in the first place, but after further thought, I'm glad I did.

I don't know if anyone has said this one yet, but one of the games I would love to see in the VC is Diddy Kong Racing. :D

10. Wizards & Warriors (NES)
9. Battletoads (NES)
8. StarFox (SNES)
7. Fire Emblem: Mystery of the Emblem (SFC)
6. MOTHER (FC)
5. Glory of Heracles (FC)
4. Dragon Warrior 3 (NES)
3. Super Back to the Future 2 (SFC)
2. Strider (Genesis)
1. Conker's Bad Fur Day (N64)

Smitie

The Dutch Kusagari
I can't think of 10 game titles (most of the nostalgic N64 games that I want to play on VC are already on VC :P), but I would love to see Cruise 'n the World. There is already a Cruise 'n USA on VC, but I want to drive with a silly tricycle car on the Chinese wall just like the old days. Pokemon Stadium would be awesome too. I want to play the Lickitung Sushi mini game again.

Caeda

Keyblade Master
This is possible, they released Super Mario Bros 2 The Lost Levels and a few other ones. They mark these titles with a Japanese flag and the word "Import" and they also charge 100 more points for them ($1).

they did?!? Then why can't they release Gaiden, Geneology of the Holy War, and Thracia 776 on there? $3 is nothing to be able to play all of the Fire Emblem games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom