• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top Rated Games for the Holidays

Now, some people have been talking about Skyward Sword, Assasins Creed 3, Skyrim. Honestly, I think there not that great(not including Skyward Sword) I never played prequals or anything, but some loser on YouTube had the Top 5 games video, and guess where he put Skyward Sword:
5.(forgotten name)
4.Skyward Sword
3.Skyrim
2.Minecraft
1.Assasins Creed Brother Hood
THIS MADE ME ANGRY!!!!!:mad: I looked them up, (I know Minecrafts good, but Skyward Sword is gonna be far better) Skyrim sound like a different versoin of a zelda game, probally the only reason its so called "better" is that its on a Xbox system, Assasins creed sound a bit good, but wow not as much as Skyward Sword! Some comenters said there were problems with games before though. Just because a game has good graphics doesen't mean its far better. Let me know what you think?;)

KnowItAllBird

Hero of Time
Well to be fair Skyrim is going to be an amazing addition to a much beloved series. Its not like zelda.... its an action rpg with total freeroam. Fairly unique in my opinion, and I think the game will be amazing. Minecraft is a nerd staple (it seems like everyone who goes to a tech school plays!) and while I do not like assassins creed, It comes from a big series.

Obviously, I agree that skyward sword is the best of these titles, but remember not everyone is a zelda freak like us!

And is this the right section?

Moved this to General Gaming because it seems to fit here better, as you're not only discussing Skyward Sword.

Anyway, I think you're making the mistake of applying your interests as objective facts. I agree that Zelda is the best of all those series and Skyward Sword is certainly my most anticipated title, and I do agree that Zelda can objectively be considered above most other series in terms of quality as opposed to personal interests, but that doesn't mean that it can appeal to everyone in the same way. I think that list is very reasonable, and I can understand why someone would anticipate those other games above Skyward Sword... especially Skyrim, which even appeals to me.

And you're also assuming that they like those games better because of graphics. That's completely presumptuous; they could have any number of reasons for enjoying those (critically acclaimed) games. It's unlikely that it has to do with graphics at all if Minecraft and Skyward Sword are even on there in the first place (Minecraft more than SS).

What was the maker of the video exactly trying to say? Maybe he was saying the those were HIS favourite new titles.

And all of those games are in compleatly different genres, you're comparing apple to oranges here. How is Zelda better than Assassin's Creed? How is an Action RPG better than an open-world stealth game?

Thirdly, someone isn't a loser because he has a different opinion than you. Maybe someone thinks you're a loser because you like Zelda over Skyrim. Dosn't make sense.

No ones opinion is better than another's, no game series is better than another. You say "Zelda is the best game ever". That's great! I think it's pretty great too! But will there be a record in the Guinness book of world record called 'Best Game Ever', with Zelda next to it? No! It could be the most critically acclaimed, but it's not the best game ever, of all time.

That is impossible. Opinions are different from facts my friend, and do not let other peoples opinions anger you.

Poe

ᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs ᴀɴᴅ ᴅɪsᴀᴘᴘᴇᴀʀs
Can you give us a link to the video?
I have to say that you've come across as disagreeing with another individual's opinion, which they're perfectly entitled to, and attempting to argue that they're stating facts.

I personally fully admit that if I were to make a ‘top 5’ for the holidays based on my opinion, Skyward Sword would be on the lower end. That doesn’t mean I think the game is terrible or anything, it just means that my gaming preference lies elsewhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom