• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top Five Zelda Items

P

Phantom Ganon

This is a thread where you can choose and explain amongst the top 5 items in Zelda history. This is for others to see and also remember the great items that were created. So I might as well start off with my top five so...

Number 5.

The Harp of Ages: I chose this item because not only was it a time traveling device but it was a goddamn time traveling device. Whenever I were to teleport to the future or the past there would be a huge difference whether it was a slow moving city or a huge volcano. This item was a true sight to see at work. Not only were the tunes short and catchy but they also shaped my childhood.

Number 4.

Fairy Bow:
This item is probably one of the most useful out of the bunch. Not only you get them from the most epic dungeons such as the Forest Temple or the Tower of Gods. After receiving this item when I was first about 8 years old I thought to myself that this must be the ultimate weapon. Hell I was right. Not only does it come with an amazing design but it also has an additional upgrade! Three of 'em! The Ice, Fire, and Light arrows.

Number 3.

Roc's Cape:
HOLY @!?$ LINK CAN FLY! This is also one of my all-time favorites but not there yet. I remember in OoS I would completely spam this item everywhere. You can easily fly over all enemies and not only that but it helped me get almost every single heart-piece there was to collect. I also loved the redesign of the item in Minish Cap and it was executed excellently in one of my favorite dungeons. All in all this is one great weapon that should not be messed around with.

Number 2.

Megaton Hammer:
Not only was this a weapon that looked great but it sure packed a punch! This item was probably my favorite item and as time passed throughout the Zelda time line it was clear that this weapon would never be forgotten. This was used in one of the most epic fights with a giant Helmarock and a goddamn Dragon. A DRAGON. This is definitely one of my toppers.

Number 1.

The LongShot:
This item is absolutely my number one item on this list. This was probably the most sleek and most powerful design the Nintendo company has created to this date! Not only was it used it almost every Zelda game to this date but it is also one of the most useful! This item would be executed perfectly and it was in a butt-load of battles to this date such as the infamous Morphus and many other nuisances in the Zelda timeline. Hands down this will stay on top of my favorite item in all games Zelda.

Honorable Mention:

Magnetic Gloves:
These items were only used in one game to this date and I must say I'm disappointed. These things can move you and others however you please. This item will always stay in my heart knowing that the boss fight with the hairy beast was my second favorite of OoS. Man oh man did this weapon cheer me up whenever I would hear that buzz of the magnetic pulse. This would be number 6 but this is a top five list so star the rush and get awn with it people!

Feel free to explain why these items are your favorite and you might as well debate for all I care as long as it pleases yourselves. Also feel free to rate and comment on others top fives! ~
:fairy:~

Zora Link

I hate being nice. D:
1. Tingle Tuner
2. Slingshot
3. Hawkeye
4. Raft
5. Picto Box

Just joking. Here's the real list:

1. Grappling Hook

It lets you swing across wooden posts, steals enemy spoils, and it doubles as a crane, which is required to get the triforce of courage. :D

2. Seed Satchel

Meh, I never liked the bow. I'd rather have a crossbow that can be used to shoot seeds, and nintendo can easily make ice, light and bomb seeds. (Ember seeds already exist.)

3. Boomerang

IT'S AN L-SHAPED WOODEN OBJECT THAT YOU CAN THROW TO STUN ENEMIES, TURN SPARKS INTO FAIRIES, AND REACH STUFF THAT'S FAR AWAY. ISN'T THAT LIEK, SO AWSHUM? OH AND BY THE WAY, THE YELLOW BOOMERANG DESIGN USED IN THE TOON LINK GAMES IS THE BEST LOOKING.

4. Hookshot

A spring loaded chain that you shoot at stuff such as targets and trees to pull yourself towards it. And for some reason, IT'S ALWAYS THE MAIN ITEM OF A WATER TEMPLE, EXCEPT IN ST, BUT THE WHIP IS SORTA LIKE THE HOOKSHOT, SO YEAH.

5. Iron Boots

A pair of boots that are easily worn by jumping. They let you sink underwater, press down switches, walk on magnetic surfaces, and through strong winds without getting blown away. Plus, fighting the final boss in TP with the Iron Boots on is fun to watch. (TP had the best use of Iron Boots IMO.)

Oh and Phantom, shouldn't it be Skull/Magic/Megaton Hammer? Skull Hammers are awesome.

Vibed

must read before he posts
5. Magnetic Gloves
I chose this not because of a single player aspect, but multiplayer with my cousin. I mean come on, who wouldn't want to annoy their teammates with a glove that pulls them toward you? Not to mention you're able to pick them up afterward.

4. Great Fairy Sword
Technically an item right? It was the strongest weapon in the game, in a cool rainbow color, and I didn't mind the c-button assignment.

3. Fairy Bow
The ultimate weapon for long range, diversity, and strength. Despite this, there are cooler (and potentially more useful) items.

2. Hookshot/Longshot/Clawshot/Switch Hook/Long Hook
An item used for getting to many places. So in many ways it emphasized exploration. A favorite for many.

1. Ocarina/Other Instument
This item is used many for key abilities and transportation, many of which happen to be very cool. One obvious choice for No. 1 pick.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Number 1:
Bows and arrows. I have become very good at shooting arrows and through the games I played I loved this absolutely the most.

Number 2:
Longshot. I love it more than the Hookshot because you can reach places which are further away.

Number 3:
Double Clawshot. This is very useful. You don't have to worry to drop down first before you can reach another spot.

Number 4:
The Whip. You can use it not only to hit enemies but also to reach other places which are a bit tough to reach. I loved this item and used it often.

Number 5:
Megaton Hammer. Very easy to use and it helps to defeat enemies more easily.

Maxxxers

Fanboy
5: Double Claw Shot
4: The Cape from ALttP
3: Fire Medallion
2: Fire Rod
1: Spinner

Honorable Mention:

Dominion Rod

Scythe-of-Chaos

I'm an assassin.... sshhh
numba 5th: The hammer set- now, it's any hammer instead of one in particular. because it consists of skull hammer, magic hammer, megaton hammer, and any other hammer.

quatro: boomerang(s): this cheap and despensable item I just love. first one had a little tornado around it and another would curve in the air. and who wasn't satisfied when you get the magic boomerang and throw it further. the reason it's kinda high up is that sometimes you have to but it :(

TRIO: bow/arrow set: this is the most important/used item in the game. there is no doubt that it will show up in the zelda series. it was strong, held atleast 50 arrows with the smallest quiver, and had elemental arrows too (fire,ice,light)

1+1: great fairy sword: this was pwnage. it was uber strong and cool looking. the reason its not #1 is the unshattering of the fairy for it

2-1: dual clawshots: they shot, grappled, killed, and stuned. its basicaly this entire list but with grappling. plus they look sweet and killed the very thing that made me fear the ocean - morpheel. he scared me so bad I cryed... man tears.

honor slot: ball and chain: sure, it was cool and a hard hitter. but the charge up to throw was tiring... and the miniboss fought wrong (like me) can make you use up three bottles of soup

Hierarch7

~The Wolf~
Gildedsword.jpgdins_fire.jpgocarina.jpgMirror_Shield.gif 1.) Ocarina
2.)Mirror shield (if this is an item)
3.) Din's fire
4.) Gilded sword (if its an item)
5.) Bow

Link V

Tommorow belongs to us...
Here's my top five,

5. the Ocarina: come on, it was used so much, and it was pretty versatile!
4. The Bow and Arrow: what kind of hero would link be without a bow?
3. The hookshot/grappling hook: these always came in handy!
2.The Pegasus boots: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! (THUD)
1.(drum roll please) The Feirce Deity Mask: it was so much fun to hack the game and run around termina as Oni-Link!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom