• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Top 5 want-to-knows

D

Deleted member 81859

1. How the gamepad works with the combat system
2. What they've done to the dungeon formula.
3. Anything on the story (Princess Zelda, villian, plot, timeline, ect.)
4. A BLOODY TITLE!
5. See #4.

Aku

Maybe 'Legend of Zelda: Wii U' is the title :bubsy:

1. Who is the villain? This might be a possible clue- the Moblins look piglike. Usually Ganondorf is involved whenever they look like that, however, I'm going to throw a rock in the puddle and hope we actually got Yuga. That's the only other guy who got turned into a boar demon (at least through fusion with Ganon) plus he needs a bit of a seriousness upgrade.

2. Not usually a timeline fan, but- is this a new timeline, part of an old one, or did they scrap it altogether and this is an alternate universe Hyrule? The map looks the same and different all at once.

3. What's the story? There doesn't have to be a major one, although I'm going to need a reasonable reason for why I am trekking all over Creation.

4. Is there a 'gimmick.' One game had motion controls, another the game pad, another used shape-shifting and then another played around with wall merging. I don't mind gimmicks as long as it doesn't require me to buy a piece of one-game-wonder hardware (Twilight Princess can't be played without a Wii Mote.)

5. Is there going to be a "THAT ONE BOSS' type enemy (see TV Tropes.) Basically a boss that is a chore to beat, annoying, unnecessarily hard, or requires spamming with Teh Quickness if I ever want to see the ending of the game. I've had a couple of these (not on Zelda, but a few came close) on other games that made me not able or wanting to beat the game, because it meant facing that boss again with frustration. Hopefully Zelda doesn't have any of these.

Garo

Boy Wonder
1. why should I care about it
2. when are you, the gaming industry, going to stop pushing open worlds into everything
3. is the story actually good this time
4. is there even a story or is it just plot
5. how do magnets work in Hyrule

1.) Timeline - I wonder when in the Zelda Universe this game would take place if this is to be canon with the rest. As Skyward Sword has taught us all, advanced technology does not equate to that game being in a distant future. With the rather technologically advanced looks of its Beamos, the trailer makes me wonder as to which timeline, and when in the timeline this game's story occurs. Given the teaser trailer which depicted a plain which resembled Hyrule Field, I would be excited if it takes place in the "Child Timeline", just as Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess had. Even if not, that does not abate the quality of the game, and I shall not let that affect my review in any way.

2.) The Main Antagonist, The Minor Villains, and The Partner - So, who gets to take the highlight in the new game? The series is known to have a rather short list and a limited amount of colours when it comes to the main antagonists. I do not despise Ganondorf at all, and I would be glad to see his return, but I prefer that the game introduces us to a new face or two to conduct malicious acts in his stead. I am also curious as to whether we would be having a partner or not. Of course, it is almost unanimously agreed upon by the fans that "some" are annoying, and "others" are adourable.

3.) Title - I wish to know the full title of the game, and hope that it would be announced anon since "Zelda U" and/or "Zelda Wii U" does sound a bit awkward, especially if it is going to be released on multiple platforms. As a Japanese, it also interests me that most games have had their titles changed in Western releases from the original Japanese ones. Since I would likely be playing the Japanese one, I would need to get used to converting the English and the Japanese titles depending on who I converse with.

4.) Gears - I am longing for information of the items. The main element which makes the Legend of Zelda series distinguishable from other Roleplaying Games is that it lacks the leveling system and instead relies on solving various puzzles with the use of acquired items and accessories. It would be fun if an upgraded version of the Hookshot appears for me to grace through the air, and the excitement doubles if we get a doubled variant to it.

5.) The Protagonist - Some of you might be flabbergasted by this, but I wonder who the protagonist is going to be, or what "she/he" is going to be like.

http://kotaku.com/some-people-think-link-might-be-a-girl-in-the-new-zelda-1589374151

As seen in that article, many fans around the world are debating whether the figure in the trailer is a female or even Link. Furthermore, Aonuma has stated, “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

Source -- > http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

With that being said, I am curious if we are going to be having a new kind of protagonist. Whether this is going to ignite controversies or attain praises worldwide is yet to be seen.

Last edited:

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1.) Timeline - I wonder when in the Zelda Universe this game would take place if this is to be canon with the rest. As Skyward Sword has taught us all, advanced technology does not equate to that game being in a distant future. With the rather technologically advanced looks of its Beamos, the trailer makes me wonder as to which timeline, and when in the timeline this game's story occurs. Given the teaser trailer which depicted a plain which resembled Hyrule Field, I would be excited if it takes place in the "Child Timeline", just as Majora's Mask and Twilight Princess had. Even if not, that does not abate the quality of the game, and I shall not let that affect my review in any way.

2.) The Main Antagonist, The Minor Villains, and The Partner - So, who gets to take the highlight in the new game? The series is known to have a rather short list and a limited amount of colours when it comes to the main antagonists. I do not despise Ganondorf at all, and I would be glad to see his return, but I prefer that the game introduces us to a new face or two to conduct malicious acts in his stead. I am also curious as to whether we would be having a partner or not. Of course, it is almost unanimously agreed upon by the fans that "some" are annoying, and "others" are adourable.

3.) Title - I wish to know the full title of the game, and hope that it would be announced anon since "Zelda U" and/or "Zelda Wii U" does sound a bit awkward, especially if it is going to be released on multiple platforms. As a Japanese, it also interests me in that most games have had their titles changed in Western releases from the original Japanese ones. Since I would likely be playing the Japanese one, I would need to get used to converting the English and the Japanese titles depending on who I converse with.

4.) Gears - I am longing for information of the items. The main element which separates the Legend of Zelda series from other Roleplaying Games is that it lacks the leveling system and instead relies on solving various puzzles with the use of acquired items and accessories. It would be fun if an upgraded version of the Hookshot appears for me to grace through the air, and the excitement doubles if we get the doubled variant.

5.) The Protagonist - Some of you might be flabbergasted by this, but I wonder who the protagonist is going to be, or what "she/he" is going to be like.

http://kotaku.com/some-people-think-link-might-be-a-girl-in-the-new-zelda-1589374151

As seen in that article, many fans around the world are debating whether the figure in the trailer is a female or even Link. Furthermore, Aonuma has stated, “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

Source -- > http://venturebeat.com/2014/06/10/zelda-creator-teases-that-we-didnt-see-link-in-wii-u-trailer/

With that being said, I am curious if we are going to be having a new kind of protagonist. Whether this is going to ignite controversies or attain praises worldwide is yet to be seen.
Aonuma was just teasing us, that little scoundrel :)

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/e3...nfirms-the-hero-is-link-is-male/1100-6420451/

Also, in the GA footage, you can definitely tell that Link is a guy. Just listen to is manly yells of making Epona faster in the Japanese footage.

1. why should I care about it
2. when are you, the gaming industry, going to stop pushing open worlds into everything
3. is the story actually good this time
4. is there even a story or is it just plot
5. how do magnets work in Hyrule
1. True, we haven't enough info to make an educated estimate on any decision.
2. So you are mad that Zelda is going back to it's roots?! News flash, the original Zelda was one of the first open world games. Not to mention, A Link to the Past and(the latter half of) Ocarina of Time were extremely open given their technology available to them.
3. Again, that is something we know nothing about. You are a little accusatory though.
4. Um... This is a pretty huge oxymoron. You kind of need a story to have a plot, and vice versa.
5. Well, let's see, considering that magnets first appeared in Skyward Sword(and powered by time shift stones), they use that mechanical energy to cause a large unbalance of electrons on either one, or both of the surfaces in which, since opposites attract and similar poles detract, creates the repulsion or attraction that you need. During even the most early days in Hyrule, as early as Four Sword, the Hyrulean population found about the 2 opposite poles, and found use of conventional magnets. However, during the Hyrulean civil war, much of this technology was lost in the cross-fire. During the child time line, however, Gorons reinvented this technology and began to work with creating circuits of electricity(most like powered by geothermal and hydraulic electricity) and creating rather strong magnetic fields that are more powerful than gravity. However, that technology was locked into their mines and have not reappeared is Four Swords Adventures.

In the Adult timeline, magnetic technology was more or less flooded away, with only few things having electro-magnetic power (such as the tower of the gods).

In the defeat timeline, that technology was simply washed away and forgotten, only being used by few of the temples in the form of switches, and magnets do exist within the Oracle games, but those don't take place in Hyrule.
In Lorule, it is noted that the thieves have managed to create a whole hideout with magnets and electricity, of which it spread through certain areas of Lorule. These are most likely powered by some form of slave labor, or alternatively oil.

So there you have it folks, how magnets work in Hyrule.

Garo

Boy Wonder
4. Um... This is a pretty huge oxymoron. You kind of need a story to have a plot, and vice versa.

They're different things, and stories frequently feature plots, but you can definitely have a story without a plot and a plot without a story. Zelda games tend to be plot-driven despite being fairly weak on story. I'm really only interested in story in games these days, so I really want to know if we're getting some good ol proper story.

As for open worlds? I'm referring more to the Western RPG style of open world that seems to be creeping into all game development. A large overworld map /= an "open world," which has an emphasis on allowing the player to stray from the main plot and pursue completely unrelated things. Skyrim, basically. And I hate that stuff.

1. release date
2. the day that it will be released
3. when we can buy it finally
4. what day it will be available in stores
5. um… i dunno… preorder bonus?

Nah, I'm just kidding. Really what I'd like to know is just whether or not they succeeded in making the game we were promised.

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
What Zelda looks like
What type of arrows/bow upgrades are there
What is the musical instrument or rather just what are the obtainable items.
What kind of aesthetic changes can be made to Link (probably can't be a girl but I wish) is there a purple or blue tunic?
How big of a role will Zelda play in the game.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
What's the dungeons are like.
What's the story.
What kind of items are there.
What the world map looks like.
Whether or not they have any intention to change Link now or later, because I'm done with Zelda if they do.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
1. what is the ambition of this game. Is it going to be yet another classic Nintendo game, a Zelda that is fun/ok to play but compared to other titles in its category, really nothing special at all. Is it going to be a fan appealer, or crowd appealer for ages 2-99?

2. Setting; is the plot going to be original or classic hero - princess - ganon copy?

3. Will the developers make changes to gameplay. Not just talking stuff like wii motion plus or riding a giant bird. But a different combat system, different system for items, weapons, & equipment? adding an economy that isn't pointless (rupees mean nothing anymore) ?

4. Is it going to be a linear and story driven game, that can be "beaten" or does it keep on living after you defeat the final boss?

5. will they go for quality or quantity ("immersion" is the trend apparently) when it comes to overworld?

Honestly 2-5 would all be answered if I just got to know the answer to my first question. If nintendo aims to please the masses, the people that will buy the game and probably never finish it, or if they want to please their die hard fans that would stand in line for hours a monday night to get a game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom