• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Top 5 want-to-knows

So, Zelda U is still that first faint ray of sunlight on the horizon... We know very little about it and we probably won't know much about it for quite some time to come...

But when that time comes what do you want to see or know?
To make this easy i've made it a list thread.

1. I want to know what Zelda looks like
2. I want to know if the zoomed out map on the gamepad is all there is
3. I want to know the title
4. I want to know if events are scripted (roaming Beamos taking out a bridge)
5. I want to know what the overworld looks like at night

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
1. I want to know the title
2. I want to see sword combat
3. I want to see more varied environments
4. I want to see a dungeon or too and how dungeons/puzzle solving is going to work
5. I want to see how the game changes depending on how you play.

Though overall... I will take anything. Why can't they give us a fricken screenshot just to let us know the game is in development?!
Sigh... But to be honest, we probably won't here any info on it until after Triforce heroes....
A Link Between Worlds is announced
Aonuma: "Sorry guys, I won't be talking about Zelda Wii U"
*A Link Between Worlds is released*
Us: YEAAAAAHHH! We can here some juicy tidbits about Zelda U!
*Hyrule Warriors is announced*
Aonuma: "Yeah, I know we released some footage on Zelda Wii U, but I think we should talk about Hyrule Warriors"
*Hyrule Warriors is released*
Us: "Ok they can finally show us more Zelda U stuff!
Aonuma: "Here is some gameplay from Awards gameplay, it's coming out in 2015! We will give you more info on it a little bit later!"
Us: "YUUUSSS! THANK YOU BASED AONUMA!
*Majora's Mask 3D Announced*
Aonuma: "Yeah, this is a thing finally! Enjoy! I won't be talking about Zelda Wii U, but more will come"
Aonuma: "LOL nope! This game is coming God Knows when!"
*no information released*
Us: "......."
*Triforce Heroes is Announced*
*Nintendo doesn't even acknowledge Zelda Wii U's existence in their main events*
Us: "....."
Us: "-_-"

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
1. The story premise
2. Who the Villain is going to be
3. The title
4. What swordplay is going to be like
5. Is there going to be dynamic weather

1. If there will be a magic meter in the game and how it will work.
2. Will there be multiple towns in the game (like Zelda 2)
3. What console will this game release on. WiiU, NX or both (Twilight Princess style)
4. Will the overworld be open (like Zelda 2) or a series of areas (like every single 3D Zelda game ever released)
5. Will Zelda U be linear or partially non linear?

Though overall... I will take anything. Why can't they give us a fricken screenshot just to let us know the game is in development?!
Sigh... But to be honest, we probably won't here any info on it until after Triforce heroes....
A Link Between Worlds is announced
Aonuma: "Sorry guys, I won't be talking about Zelda Wii U"
*A Link Between Worlds is released*
Us: YEAAAAAHHH! We can here some juicy tidbits about Zelda U!
*Hyrule Warriors is announced*
Aonuma: "Yeah, I know we released some footage on Zelda Wii U, but I think we should talk about Hyrule Warriors"
*Hyrule Warriors is released*
Us: "Ok they can finally show us more Zelda U stuff!
Aonuma: "Here is some gameplay from Awards gameplay, it's coming out in 2015! We will give you more info on it a little bit later!"
Us: "YUUUSSS! THANK YOU BASED AONUMA!
*Majora's Mask 3D Announced*
Aonuma: "Yeah, this is a thing finally! Enjoy! I won't be talking about Zelda Wii U, but more will come"
Aonuma: "LOL nope! This game is coming God Knows when!"
*no information released*
Us: "......."
*Triforce Heroes is Announced*
*Nintendo doesn't even acknowledge Zelda Wii U's existence in their main events*
Us: "....."
Us: "-_-"
Aonuma already told us there will be no info till 2016 on ZeldaU.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Aonuma already told us there will be no info till 2016 on ZeldaU.
Quote please.
That is very far from the truth,
Miyamoto has even said that they have Zelda U footage to be shown off
My thing with E3 is that we always focus on what's coming out in the immediate future. We have some really great Zelda footage and, at some point we will be showing that off, but not today.
http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2015/06/dont_worry_the_legend_of_zelda_is_still_coming_to_wii_u
Reggie did add that “there will be plenty of opportunities for us to showcase that game”, and assured gamers that the game “is going to be wonderful”.
http://wiiudaily.com/2015/06/zelda-wii-u-e3-2015/
Please do some research and find some quotes with sources before you spread fallacies.

Lozjam

A Cool, Cool Mountain
Absolutely nowhere does Aonuma say that he won't show off the game in 2015.
Absolutely nowhere.
Don't believe me? Here is the transcript
Hello, Zelda fans! I am Eiji Aonuma, producer of The Legend of Zelda.

I'd like to share with you an update on our development process on The Legend of Zelda for Wii U. Since I declared at The Game Awards in December that the game would launch in 2015, the directors and the many members of the development team have been working hard developing the game to make it the best it can be. In these last three months, as the team has experienced firsthand the freedom of exploration that hasn't existed in any Zelda game to date, we have discovered several new possibilities for this game.

As we have worked to turn these possibilities into reality, new ideas have continued to spring forth, and it now feels like we have the potential to create something that exceeds even my own expectations. As I have watched our development progress, I have come to think that rather than work with meeting a specific schedule as our main objective, and releasing a game that reflects only what we can create within that scheduled time, I feel strongly that our focus should be to bring all these ideas to life in a way that will make The Legend of Zelda on Wii U the best game it can possibly be.

So, I must apologize to you all that were expecting the game by year's end, but we are no longer making a 2015 release our number one priority. Instead, our priority is to make it the most complete and ultimate Zelda game. I hope to use the added time to make The Legend of Zelda for Wii U into a game that will reward you for your patience, so thank you for your continued support.
Aonuma only said he won't show off the game at 2015, and as Reggie said, "There will be plenty of opportunities to showcase the game".

Really, please do some research before you say false statements. Please. This would make educational discussion much easier.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
1. Will there be a musical instrument?
2. What does Zelda look like?
3. Will there be new characters?
4. Where will it be in the timeline?
5. Will it take place in Hyrule?

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
1: The Title. Skyward Sword gave us the title a year and a half before the game was released. Twilight Princess gave us the title around the same time iirc. But Zelda U has not yet given us its title. Why? If we know the title, then we can speculate on what the story's gonna be like and we all love speculation! Which brings me to the next point...

2: Some Story Details. We know next to nothing about the story. The release is likely more than a year away, but even its console predecessors gave us some story details long before the game was actually released. We know nothing about this game. Villain? No clue. Towns? idk. Zelda? Who the hell knows. I don't want them to leak the whole plot or anything, but please, for the love of god, give us something!

3: More characters. So far, all we've seen is Link. And this is a Zelda game, so there's no way he's gonna be the only character. Just by seeing at least one other character, we will be able to speculate, based on the way he/she looks, what the game will be like.

4: Villain. Nobody knew about Demise until just before Skyward Sword's release. Everybody knew about Ghirahim though. Same thing with Twilight Princess. Zant appeared in the trailers and promotional material, but Ganondorf's appearance was largely unknown. Perhaps Zelda U can go the same way. We don't necessarily need to see the final villain, but I at least want to see maybe what we'll be dealing with in terms of evil. Sure, we saw that large robot thing, but I highly doubt that's an actual villain, more just a bosslike character. I wanna see a true character with evil intentions.

5: Release Date. Simply put, I just want to know when this game is getting released. Ball park?

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
  1. What the central plot will be.
  2. The extent of the overworld and everything it has to offer.
  3. How Nintendo are approaching a more open world orientated game.
  4. Soundtrack style.
  5. How the game actually plays.

Pen

The game is on!
1. The release date.
2. The title.
3. The size and richness of the overworld.
4. Where it takes place in the timeline.
5. What musical instrument will be in it (if any).

MW7

1. Release Date
2. What the game's "gimmick" will be, if any
3. Number of dungeons
4. Types of environments
5. The extent of the nonlinearity (nonlinear like ALBW/ALttP, slightly more structured like OoT, open world with strict dungeon order like TWW, or a free-for-all like LoZ?)

I listed these as I thought of them, but number 5 will make the biggest difference for me. An advantage of the more linear style the series has gone to is that dungeons can contain puzzles requiring items from the previous dungeons. When you give choices to the player, game designers tend to create puzzles with no prerequisite items (like Elder Scrolls dungeons) which are very limited, or force players to backtrack when they realize they aren't equipped to handle what's in front of them (an issue with the original LoZ). My personal opinion is that the sweet spot lies somewhere between ALBW and LoZ. I would like a game where almost the whole overworld is accessible at the start, and the dungeons are staggered in groups. So for instance you can do the first two dungeons in either order, then the next three open up, then after those another set opens up, and then you finish up with a final dungeon incorporating everything you gathered on the quest. Another way of putting it is that I hope the game plays like a Zelda game and doesn't feel like Nintendo's attempt to make an Elder Scrolls game.

1) What Zelda will look like
2) Each dungeon will have different theme and element
3) Varied weapons
4) Where it lands in the timeline
5) The name

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom