• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 5 games you have the strongest nostalgia for

pyjamas5189

Secretly a cat
5. Tyrian / Tyrian 2000 - A game I played a lot of as a kid. Was totally fun and a great shump.
4. Secret of Evermore - Played this do death as a kid. Not the best game ever but it has everything I wanted out of an action RPG. (I'm not even a dog person, I'm a cat person, ironic as this game is all about a boy and his dog)
3. Secret of Monkey Island 2 - Lechuck's Revenge - I loved the point and click adventure game genre as a kid. This was my favourite game in that genre.
2. Terranigma - This game brings back the feels. So many memories had there.
1. Master of Orion 2 - Battle at Antares - In my opinion this was a game so good it's still playable today. I really got into this game hardcore. I mostly played it single player so I could think out every turn. Sure it could have been more, but what was there was totally amazing.

OMG I completely forgot the Monks Island series they were great games!!!

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
-Ocarina of Time (both the N64 version and the GCN version with the game trailers on it)
-I Ninja
-Super Mario 64
-Skyrim
-Dragonball Z: Budokai 3

Bonuses:Lost Planet, Mortal Kombat Armagedon

What brings a tear to my eye/makes me nastalgic isn't the game itself. It's the sense of escape the games gave me. Deep down I think that's how we all feel. It reminds us of simpler times.

Cartoonmaniac

Biggest Zelda fan this side of the South Pole
Ok, so I'm not that old, and my first real gaming device was a Gameboy Advance, but here we go

1. Yoshi's Island (Super Mario Advance 2) - Gameboy Advance

2. Sonic Heroes - Playstation 2

3. Sonic Colors - Wii

4. Lego Star War/Lego Star Wars the Original Trilogy - Playstation 2

5. Super Smash Bros. Brawl

My list is not in order, and the games are certainly not as old as some of yours

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
  • Super Mario Bros. 3
  • Resident Evil 2
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
  • Metroid Fusion

Honorable Mentions: 007 GoldenEye, Batman Vengeance, Battletoads, Crash Bandicoot 3: Warped, Frogger (PS1), Gauntlet: Dark Legacy, The Legend of Zelda, Luigi's Mansion, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers (Sega Genesis) Rampage: World Tour, Spider-Man (2000), Sonic The Hedgehog 2, Sonic & Knuckles, Sonic Adventure 2 Battle, Street Fighter II, Super Mario Sunshine, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (NES), Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Hyperstone Heist, WWF Wrestlemania 2000, and WWF No Mercy.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
I'm not a super nostalgic guy, but there are a few (no order):

1. Ocarina of Time: The first game I ever played as a kid. Bound to have some distinct nostalgia for it.
2. Katamari: I didn't even play it as a kid, but I have nostalgia for it somehow. Whenever I play the original (Damacy) I just get blasted in the face with nostalgia.
3. Yoshi's Island: Especially nostalgic cuz I watched my grandma play it (and beat the final boss) on the SNES back when I was a kid. I managed to play it on GBA later on.
4. Super Smash Bros. Melee: While I dont really play it now that there's Smash 4, Melee (and the Adventure mode) has itself etched in my brain.
5. Pikmin 2: I poured hours into this game when I was a teenager. It remains one of my favorites to go back to.

MW7

1. Ocarina of Time - I started playing when I was eight and probably put more time into it than any other game.
2. Goldeneye 007 - I feel like this game taught me how to read because I was so obsessed that I would carry around Nintendo Power's guide with me everywhere. I still have the guide, and it is incredibly worn. I actually didn't 100% the game until a few years ago.
3. Majora's Mask - This was probably my second most played Zelda game and also obsessed about it to some extent.
4. Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest - This is another game that I played like crazy growing up. Like Goldeneye, I didn't 100% (102%) this game until much later.
5. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - My love of this game started before I played it. I read about it in Nintendo Power, and it was very difficult to track down a copy.

I still play all these games very frequently. I rarely go more than a few months without playing most of them. I definitely have an emotional attachment to each of them, but I think they are all great games regardless.

Mido

Version 1
5. Mystical Ninja Starring Goemon - My love of this game started before I played it. I read about it in Nintendo Power, and it was very difficult to track down a copy.

I was fortunate to find this game at a garage sale many years ago, and the game is as awesome as advertised! Unfortunately, the controller pak I have no longer works, so I can truly never get far in it unless I take a day to binge. While I'm more nostalgic for the second game on the 64, this one is much more fresh in my mind.

And who could forget something like this?

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Did you ever play Turtles in Time or the Manhattan Project?

Not when I was younger. Though I've played Turtles in Time through one of the games based on the 2003 series which was an unlockable and I've played the Re-Shelled version. Haven't played The Manhattan Project but I do own it. From what I've seen, it doesn't look that great. I'm sure it was great for the NES but after having had The Arcade Game, Turtles in Time, and The Hyperstone Heist, I just can't see myself enjoying it as much.

CrimsonCavalier

Fuzzy Pickles
Not when I was younger. Though I've played Turtles in Time through one of the games based on the 2003 series which was an unlockable and I've played the Re-Shelled version. Haven't played The Manhattan Project but I do own it. From what I've seen, it doesn't look that great. I'm sure it was great for the NES but after having had The Arcade Game, Turtles in Time, and The Hyperstone Heist, I just can't see myself enjoying it as much.

Gotcha. I really really loved Manhattan Project when I was a kid. I only beat it once, but I remember it very fondly today. Nostalgia and all that.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
Gotcha. I really really loved Manhattan Project when I was a kid. I only beat it once, but I remember it very fondly today. Nostalgia and all that.

If you haven't already, you should try Mutants in Manhattan out. I feel everyone was disappointed by it because they were expecting some Batman: Arkham Asylum kind of game, and while that potential is there, it helps to just see the game as an extension of those classic beat'em ups. It was an obvious cash grab but Platinum still managed to do great things with the little they had.

Sonic 2
Sonic 1
Mario 3
Mario World
Mario 64
FF7
FF8
Ocarina Of Time

Yeah that's more than 5, but these are all very nostalgic for me

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom