• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 3 Harvest Moon Games

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Love Harvest Moon like moi? Do you own every game but have specific ones that you play all the time?

What are your top 3 Harvest Moon games?

Lemme refresh your memory with my Top 3!

1. Animal Parade
2. DS Cute
3. Magical Melody

PoeSouls

ayy lmao
i have Sunshine Islands but i've never gotten very far cause i don't really know how to play...
i've never played any others but they're all really cute, especially Animal Parade.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
1. Harvest Moon 64

I spent hours playing this game and nostalgia probably is a huge factor in why I enjoy this one as much as I do.

2. Harvest Moon

I bought this on the Wii VC a few years ago and I really enjoyed playing through it and seeing how the elements from the original had been adapted and utilised for the N64 game I loved so much.

3. Harvest Moon - A Wonderful Life (GCN version)

I got this game around the same time as I bought the VC version of the original but I have not yet gotten around to finishing it yet. There are many things I like about this game but until I finish a game, I try not to formulate a definitive opinion. If I ever get around to finishing it or playing some of the newer titles, this list may or may not be different.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I haven't played all of them, so I can't comment on the best, but I'll give you my favorites.

1. Friends of Mineral Town/Back to Nature

To me, this is the crowning achievement of the series, offering absolutely everything the series is known for with utmost polish. On top of more addictive, in-depth farming mechanics, it has a great cast of characters and a nice town.

2. Harvest Moon 64

Still the best game if you want to focus on relationships and story. It was my first, so there's a bit of nostalgia here, but I think it has the best atmosphere, characters, and town of the entire series, and their stories are better fleshed-out than the Back to Nature versions.

3. Animal Parade

No one talks about this one, but it feels like the swan's song of the series to me. Relationships have been deepened in this game, but on top of that, it has addictive farming mechanics, a well-constructed main plot that doesn't close too much off but unlocks things slowly and keeps you engaged in the process, and a nice, liesurely pace. It feels like the biggest of the games in some way, maybe because the days are longer, and it also feels oddly realistic. It gets points for reminding me both of Back to Nature and of Harvest Moon 64.

It's not my favorite, but it may be the best in the series, or neck-and-neck with Back to Nature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom