• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 3 Games You Would Wanna Be In.

Hanyou

didn't build that
I'd like to be in these worlds on one condition--I can take my girlfriend Hachi with me. Being in a game for life by myself would be lonely, even if I could make friends with people in the game world.

Anyway, my picks:

Harvest Moon 64: Seems like life is pleasant in this world. The town is small and no one bothers anyone else, but there are still tons of fun festivals. Not to mention, given my experience with the game I could turn up a nice profit on my farm fairly quickly. I'd just hope for longer days.

Shenmue: 1980s Yokosuka is so charming in this world. By the end of the game, I really felt like it was my home. Dobuita, specifically, has so many little shops and whatnot that it would be fun to spend time there.

Pokemon Black/White: I love Unova! Plenty of the towns there are awesome, but there's lots of variety too. It would be great to own real Pokemon.

Garo

Boy Wonder
When I came into this thread, I wanted to say Journey (surprise, surprise) - but then I thought about it a bit more. With the implication at the game's end that the player character is ejected back from the mountain and set to repeat his journey, ostensibly for all eternity, I think it may be more of a Hell, regardless of the heavenly visuals. Beautiful vistas, endless sands and mysterious ruins - but doomed to travel them for all eternity? Pass.

With a bit more thought, I think I've settled on Kingdom Hearts (preferably 2, but any will do), Epic Mickey, and Metroid Prime. The first because the diversity of worlds to travel among and places to visit is almost unparalleled in gaming. There's a certain romance to the game's epic adventure narrative as well, the sort of thing I feel I would really enjoy. The second because, as an unabashed and proud animation geek, the Wasteland is immensely intriguing and beautiful to behold. Couple that with a magic paintbrush that would allow me to manipulate it at will and navigate it with ease? Perfect. And lastly the third because the alien, barren environments of Tallon IV are among my favorites in video gaming. It's a beautiful, haunting world that I would love to walk, danger be damned.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
Hmmm...

From the .hack// series (.hack//INFECTION, .hack//MUTATION, .hack//OUTBREAK, and .hack//QUARANTINE , I would love to be a part of The World or The World 2.0 as it is a vast virtual reality world in which rogue programming and the Legendary Twilight Bracelet reside.

The world of Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon with so many interesting non-human characters roaming around this post-apocalyptic world, I would love to meet PF, The Silver-haired Girl and Crow.

Finally, I would love to be sucked into the Clannad Virtual Novel. Clannad is one of my favorite anime and I would die of "fan-stroke" if I got a chance to actually meet Tomoya, Nagisa, Sanae, Akio, Ushio, Youhei, Tomoyo and the Fujibayashi sisters.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
Myst!

Specifically, Myst Island and the ages thereof. Also importantly, the underground city of D'ni and all of its ages that feature in the Myst adventures. It all counts since they're all "linked" even today!

And I would be myself. And it counts because in those games you are yourself!

ThePurpleKnight

ThePurpleKnightmare
I didn't even consider visual novels.

@ThePurpleKnight
I totally disagree with your saying that guns are stupid in FE. I'm sure the Beorc could find ample use for guns, and guns ar elegitimate weapons anyway. Or, would you say arrows are "stupid ***" as well? :P
I just don't like guns, the fights are uninteresting, and they are OP. They don't mix well with old actual weapons and in future style, it's just better to go with mechs, I supose special guns like portal guns or guns that fire energy arn't so bad, but not for the kind of war I want, arrows take time to get ready, but for the record I hate cross bows.

Pokemon. get me some legendaries and rule the world.

That was my thought to but I thought about it, if everyone has pokemon they can try and stop me, I can't just burn down all their houses when they oppose me, their water pokemon will put it out.

I'd like to be in these worlds on one condition--I can take my girlfriend Hachi with me. Being in a game for life by myself would be lonely, even if I could make friends with people in the game world.

Anyway, my picks:

Harvest Moon 64: Seems like life is pleasant in this world. The town is small and no one bothers anyone else, but there are still tons of fun festivals. Not to mention, given my experience with the game I could turn up a nice profit on my farm fairly quickly. I'd just hope for longer days.

Shenmue: 1980s Yokosuka is so charming in this world. By the end of the game, I really felt like it was my home. Dobuita, specifically, has so many little shops and whatnot that it would be fun to spend time there.

Pokemon Black/White: I love Unova! Plenty of the towns there are awesome, but there's lots of variety too. It would be great to own real Pokemon.

I agree there are I'd have to be able to take with me in order to actually want to get sucked into a game, so props for mentioning that, I didn't include in the rules whether people could or couldn't be taken with you.

As for pokemon though, Unova? I played the original black and white, and the black/white pokedex doesn't have a single old pokemon in it. Now that wouldn't be a problem for everyone, but most of the newer pokemon are robots arn't they? If you don't like the new ones you can't just catch older ones like you could in past games, it's your own choice but I just think it's odd that you would choose that region, then again I have not beat those games and even then there is no saying you couldn't buy a boat ride to another region.

Lady_Yuna

GoodNight SunShine!
Final Fantasy XIII

*I was really considering XIII-2, but then I remembered it was a time-traveling game. Although, the locations were gorgeous, I'd like for time to be left alone.. Serah!! But, anyway, I would be Oerba Yun Fang from FFXIII. She was my favorite character and I really liked her Eidolon aside from Odin. Of course, I would have to start off on Cocoon since that's when she woke up. But, it would be neat to explore the places she's been too. I would have to find Vanille though D: .

Resident Evil 6

...Original character or Ada Wong? :S :S Hmmm.. I would be myself. I like to imagine myself fighting with the BSAA against Bioterrorism. I'd have to start off in China with Chris, but it wouldn't be so bad. It's totally better than Tall Oaks:embarrassed:. I would be a sniper though like Piers which reminds me... I think I would be a total fangirl if I stood next to him lol. Instead of leaving him behind though like that ridiculous ending, I'd have to take him with me.
Can we rewrite certain events?

Final Fantasy Versus XIII

The game isn't out yet, but the game is realistic in scale and detail to modern day cities. The actual hometown of the main character Noctis is realistically portrayed down to every detail from the Japanese Shibuya. Take real city life and then combine it with the fact that the world itself has magic and is just overall amazing - I want to be there.

And this. Another game would be Naruto because I think being a ninja would be cool and I like the Hidden Leaf village.

GoldenGengle64

A v ^ A v ^
Xenoblade Chronicles: Xenoblade Chronicles is probably the only game where I really wish I could live in the world within. You don't need HD to observe how beautiful the landscapes are. When I first walked out onto the Bionis' Leg plain... I think my mouth dropped at the vastness of the world- not something commonly found in a game w/out online capabilities.

The Last Story: The gang of mercenaries are tight-knit and adventurous, making it fun to tag along with them. :)

Twilght Princess: It'd be fun to travel with Link and battle my way through dungeons with him!

...These are just the top 3 I can think of off the top of my head, as there's plenty of other games that would be cool to live in!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom