• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 3 Darkest Zelda Games

What do you think are the Darkest Zelda games?

• 1. Majoras mask 2. Twilight Princess 3. Links Awakening

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not that, that doesn't make any sense.....

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

THEM

Your cows are mine!
Mine are probably:

1.MM
2.TP
3. Alttp

MM- The game kind of revolves around the theme of doomsday, you can't help but get a dark feel from it.
TP- If it weren't for the graphics it wouldn't even be on here. Tried hard to be dark but kind of failed. Still a great game though
AlttP- There's a Dark world so I guess that's-dark?

Overall, I think there's only one game deserving of being considered "dark" and that is MM.

Why would you make such a worthless poll? Just a waste of resources...

Anyway, I'd say:
1. MM
2. TP
3. SS

Yeah, Skyward Sword's overall tone is pretty neutral, but Ghirahim and Demise's dialogues alone make the story more interesting. I don't remember any other of a Link's foe threatening to outright murder him. I only gave TP the #2 spot because it has a lot of the "crazies" in its cut-scenes.

I chose TP because it had a lot of crazy changes as you went along, the kid ( Forgot his name because no one really cared to much for the characters of TP) got kidnapped and the boss switched to Ganon, MM for the great mysterious areas and dreadful feeling. LA because it had the night mares or what ever it is, and you aren't to clean of what happened after the ending. I made this stupid thread because I was bored.

1. Majora's Mask-The tone of this game is just so dismal. The moon represents impending death and hopelessness. Death and destruction are rampant throughout the game.
2. Twilight Princess-A very dark game. The Twili, Zant, and Ganondorf make this stand out as haunting epic.
3. Spirit Tracks-A strange voice but the beginning and end of this game are very melancholy.

I chose TP because it had a lot of crazy changes as you went along, the kid ( Forgot his name because no one really cared to much for the characters of TP) got kidnapped and the boss switched to Ganon, MM for the great mysterious areas and dreadful feeling. LA because it had the night mares or what ever it is, and you aren't to clean of what happened after the ending. I made this stupid thread because I was bored.

L.A. really isn't all that dark? The Nightmares don't really appear until the end...

1. MM for obvious reasons I think we all know
2. ALttP just because the Dark World was so dangerous
3. TP mainly because of the graphics and Twilight Realm

So you haven't played ALttP? Not to be pushy but you really need to play ALttP if you've played OoT. They are very similar except ALttP is just a lot better IMO plus it started a lot.

I hope so, OoT was a just the FINE game for me, not really like " oh, a new favorite!" It didn't help having iron boots exist at all in it when your stuck in the water temple.

I made this stupid thread because I was bored.

I never said the thread was stupid. I said the poll was worthless. With so many choices for the variables, a poll just wouldn't work right.

Link's Awakening could be a close #4, if you use the Japanese version, where he's dead in Limbo, not dreaming.

I loved OoT, and yah the iron boots should have been an item, especially if they make us keep switching like that, but it was just epic. ALttP is pretty epic too and it has a lot more dungeons, some of the most interesting characters, and very useful items.

K

keatonprincess

there aren't many dark ones on the series to be honest - But oracle of ages had a dark ending i spose. MM is darkest by it's suggestions and influences - quite disturbing if you ask me.

Pen

The game is on!
1. Majora's Mask
2. Twilight Princess

Those are about the only Zelda games I'd call dark. To choose a number 3 is difficult.

3. ALttP/OoT/SS

None of the latter once are dark though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom