• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 25 Game Companies (by Revenue)

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Bit of a trivia thread which is quite interesting I think, these are the top 25 game-related companies of 2013 based on their revenue. Take note that this excludes hardware-sales and non gaming-related financial data, if they didn't do the latter then Microsoft would be at the top no competition, but it does include the money that was made through XBL and PSN subscriptions. It also shows the year-on-year growth of the companies revenue in this field. Funny to see how GTA5's release has effected Take Two's stats.

iI9rlWPufvcYX.png

The data is based on analysis of annual and quarterly financial reports of a number of relevant publicly listed companies and includes various estimates and assumptions, which may or may not be indicated explicitly. Revenues (GAAP) are restated to reflect Calendar Years, therefore do not necessarily match reported Fiscal Year results of individual companies. Revenues exclude hardware sales and other non-game sales to the extent publicly available. Microsoft and Sony estimates represent all Xbox and Playstation non-hardware platform revenues (including Xbox Live and PSN revenues respectively).

The analysis is subject to various other key assumptions. Exchange rates are at year end, unless companies report in US$. Revenue growth includes the effect of acquisitions and currency movements, which sometimes have a material impact on growth rates. The data is based on proprietary analysis and provided for information purposes only. The data may be updated and/or revised without notice, based on new information becoming available or new insights gained from our ongoing market research activities. We explicitly do not make any representations as to the accuracy or completeness of the data or overview.

NewZoo, via NeoGAF

Any surprises? All as expected? For anyone wondering about the #1 spot, Tencent are a Chinese company who own Riot Games, creators of LoL. No surprise they're at the top considering how popular that damn game is!

I'm sad to not see a Valve in that list. Count the money they make from Steam and they must be pretty high. :P

Ganondork

goo
The only thing I am surprised about is the drop in revenue for Blizzard. I know a lot of people weren't interested in World of Warcraft, as they were in between expansions at this point. A lot of people were still subbed so they could take on Heroic Garrosh, though. I guess that wasn't really enough to keep them from operating at a loss.

This year is going to be a lot better for them, though. Warlords of Draenor for WoW, Reaper of Souls for Diablo (fantastic expansion by the way), Hearthstone releasing, Heroes of the Storm in alpha, and I think even StarCraft II is getting another expansion this year. It'll be a much better year for Blizzard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom