• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Top 10 Twilight Princess Songs

I'm not sure if this should belong in another thread, but I'm gonna put it here since it's about TP. I want to discuss my top 10 Twilight Princess songs, and I want you guys to post yours, and maybe even an audio track or a Youtube link/video. Here goes! ;)

"Link is Coming." This is the song that plays when King Bulbin kidnaps Colin towards the beginnging of the game. I like it mostly because of the sadness to it, it made me feel like I was Colin being kidnaped, and Link was coming to save me (kind of, that's why it's 10... :sweat:)

"Sacred Grove." This song is Twilight Princess's version of "The Lost Woods"/"Saria's Song" from Ocarina of Time. I didn't love it, but when I heard it, it brought back memories of trying to find the Sacred Meadow, trying to hit the bulls-eye, and trying to get that heart piece from the song on the Virtual Console, so it made me feel kind of good inside. ;)

"The Song That Plays When You Wait Too Long Without Pressing Any Buttons On The Title Screen." Yeah, I'm really not sure what to call it, so I'll call it the "Trailer" song. :lol: I think this music would be perfect in a battle sequence, or pretty much anywhere in the game, it just sends off that sense of the darkness and the feeling that this isn't going to be the Zelda that you know and love, it'll be darker and more in-depth.

"Malo Mart." That high, upbeat music will never get old. I remember walking into Malo Mart in Hyrule Castle Town for the first time ,expecting it, but I still felt a sense of surprise... and Malo stilll freaks me out... cheap, creepy little bugger...

"Queen Rultela." I'm kinda cheating with this, since it is the Serenade of Water, but some people count the Wolf Songs as songs, so this one can count, too. I had never really loved the "Serenade of Water," but adding that extra music to it really gave it a better sound.

"Recover the Light." This song is when you save the light spirits after collecting the Tears of Light. I like this mostly because of it's background music, the stuff you don't hear as much, it's just... good in my opinion.

"Hidden Village." This song only plays twice, once when you're defeating the bulbins, next when you do the cat quest (after that, I liked cats a little bit less :lol:), but this is still in my top 5 because I love it. ^^

"Credits." I love this classic remix of the calssic NES overworld theme/The Legend of Zelda theme song. Watching the cutscenes and reading some of the credits really added to the music somehow, and I really enjoyed beating Twilight Princess, I think I deserved that song. :)

"Gerudo Desert." This is another classic remix of a classic songfrom a classic game. Ocarina of Time introduced this song, and it stayed in my memory forever more. I have ALWAYS loved this song, but until I heard Number 1, THIS song was my Number 1.

Before I reveal the last song, let's recap:

10: Link is Coming
9: Sacred Grove
8: Trailer
7: Malo Mart
6: Queen Rutela
5: Recover the Light
4: Hidden Village
3: Credits
2: Gerudo Desert
1: .........

"Midna's Lament." I KNow for a fact that this is alot of people's favorites. No matter how many times I hear this song, get annoyed by it, or even plug my ears to it, this will probably always be my favorite song, but maybe only in Twilight Princess. Anyways, this song really made me feel the pain Midna was going through, and to tell the truth, I just sat there for a minute or two on purpose jsut to listen to the song in this scene. I hope you enjoy/ed this song as much as I did/do.

<><><><><><><><>

Well, I hope you liked it! Most of the songs can be found in these two videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2UwtgdKqb8&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MMPhXPl7stg

So for now, adios!

~Linkanon: Ninja Zora o.o :zora:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
It's been a while since I've heard the songs so I'll post my favorites to the best of my memory.^^

1. Hidden Village
2. Boss battle music! XD
3. Kakariko Village
4. Serenade of Water
5. Hyrule Field
6. ...
7. ...
8. ...
9. ...
10. ...

They'll be moved around and more will be added when I get around to listening to the songs.^^

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
Twilight Princess had an unmemorable soundtrack. If I had to pick a top ten though it would be the same as yours.

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Okay, I have another.^^

1. Hidden Village
2. Boss battle music! XD
3. Kakariko Village
4. Sacred Grove
5. Serenade of Water
6. Hyrule Field
7. ...
8. ...
9. ...
10. ...

Yeah, that was only one more but oh well.^^

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
1. Hyrule Field
2. Ilia's Theme
3. Princess Zelda
4. Midna's Lament
5. Hidden Village
6. Surrounded By Flames
7. Face-Off At The Bridge
8. Credits Part 1
9. Stallord
10. Ganondorf Swordfight

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
And here is the rest.^^

1. Hidden Village
2. Boss battle music! XD
3. Kakariko Village
4. Sacred Grove
5. Victory song
6. Song that plays after victory song when your in the boss room getting heart peice and Midna is waiting for you to come(don't know what it's called:sweat:)
7. Serenade of Water
8. Castle Town
9. Night Time Hyrule Field
10. Hyrule Field

Although I haven't listened to all the songs so as soon as I beat the game I'm going to change this list a little.^^

Lukémon

Shows over folks!
I once played Midna's Lament on piano , the person next to me started crying :P

Anyway my top 10 TP songs are:
1. Midna's Lament
It just makes you feel really sorry for Midna.
2. The hidden village
I just had to listen two this over and over, it's so fun!
3. Hyrule field
It just gives you an essence of awesome.
4. The credits
I just like the Legend of Zelda main theme in general.
5. The sacred grove
The lost woods song was one of my favourite songs in OoT, this adaptation was awesome
6. Restore the light
Gives you a spiritual feeling it's cool
7. Rutela's song/serenade of water
It reminds me of OoT , so I like it.
8. Gerudo desert
I liked this song cause it gave an epic feel.
9. Boss battle theme, when ur attacking the enemy.
It sounds awesome, I just like it for awesome reasons.
10. Ganondorf sword fight
I liked this song cause it sounds epic for the final battle

Medri

Erus Per Tempus
10. Sages Theme - It gave the sages a very otherworldly feel and powerful.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D1q2QoJQV6Y

09. The Title Theme - Never have I ever sat at a title screen of a Zelda game, and felt a buildup of me wanting to watch it, like going to a movie theater and seeing an intro to a movie with a grand theme.... Just it gave me chills
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7smbmQogaQ

08. Midna's Theme - Very dubious and twisted, twofaced. It sounds childish and friendly but it is also very grim and dangerous.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eV4JJPqoMfE

07. Goron Mines - This theme made me feel like I was in danger all the time. Kept me on edge and the odd metal footsteps or drums made me think of something following me...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pLh__NiKLM

06. Palace of Twilight - Much like Midna's theme, It is dubious, twisted, and two faced, Childish and friendly, but grim and dangerous. However it is amplified and staged to a dungeon.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvrdSj0F-QA

05. Midna's Lament - This one is a turning point song, it is where all of the story starts to be formed at this point. It is a touching and saddening tale. Though it is really beautiful which will become of the relationship that happens later on in the game.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NoBRdekWKxI

04. Snowpeak - This song really gives you that cold and haunted feeling where the world is stood still and it is like a distant echo of what is going on in the valley of hyrule on the tip of this peak. It is cold, barren and nearly dead.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S1BJlLUieyM

03. Queen Rutela's Theme - This song speaks voulmes to me where it is a mother that can no longer love and care for her beloved child, and failed, yet you speak to her and give her a glimpse of hope. A Highly under-rated song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gK1Nqqsy6o

02. Hidden Valley - Ok this one is just plain fun. I could tell this was ALL just for fun, and they wanted to get a Western Legend of Zelda.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJOmjwzBQ_c

01. Zant's Battle Themes - This one tells much about the villian that has haunted the game. A man from the lowest ranks that uses the power of his god.... Ganondorf.. to make him gain power, but as Link and Midna, the Power he overthrew, come to reclaim and start to slowly beat him, his insanity starts to show more and more till the final phase of the fight where he just loses it and cant hold back anymore. It tells everything about this villain.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kCADKE1I4GA

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I had a feeling that these TOP 10 threads are pointless unless you have someone comment on them, so I decided I'd comment on all of the above posters, just a little.

10: Link is Coming
9: Sacred Grove
8: Trailer
7: Malo Mart
6: Queen Rutela
5: Recover the Light
4: Hidden Village
3: Credits
2: Gerudo Desert
1: Midna's Lament

Your list is nice and I'm glad you included Queen Rutela's theme, it's really under-rated.

I am not a big fan of the credits though, so that's where we are different there. Not bad of a list, Still prefer mine though. haha.

-------------------------------------------------------------
I like:

Midna's Lament
Sacred Grove
Trailer
Malo Mart
Link is Coming
Recover the Light

Hidden Village:View attachment 20144

I see that you have very similar preferences to Linkanon. The Hidden Village must of been fun for them to of create.

--------------------------------------------------------------
1. Hidden Village
2. Boss battle music! XD
3. Kakariko Village
4. Sacred Grove
5. Victory song
6. Song that plays after victory song when your in the boss room getting heart peice and Midna is waiting for you to come(don't know what it's called)
7. Serenade of Water
8. Castle Town
9. Night Time Hyrule Field
10. Hyrule Field

Kakariko Village was very unique, I really like that theme, but it wasn't explosive in my face, but I can understand why it's one of your favorites. The Boss Battle Music is really impressive too. Is it the jingle when you get a fused shadow?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Twilight Princess had an unmemorable soundtrack. If I had to pick a top ten though it would be the same as yours.

Well that's being a poor sport, though I don't understand why you posted here to just complain that it had an unmemorable soundtrack. Kinda shallow and pointless don't you think?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
1. Hyrule Field
2. Ilia's Theme
3. Princess Zelda
4. Midna's Lament
5. Hidden Village
6. Surrounded By Flames
7. Face-Off At The Bridge
8. Credits Part 1
9. Stallord
10. Ganondorf Swordfight

Classic Hyrule Field at the top... but Ilia's theme... I found it so boring.... still it's your list and I respect it.

---------------------------------------------------------------
I once played Midna's Lament on piano , the person next to me started crying :P

Anyway my top 10 TP songs are:
1. Midna's Lament
It just makes you feel really sorry for Midna.
2. The hidden village
I just had to listen two this over and over, it's so fun!
3. Hyrule field
It just gives you an essence of awesome.
4. The credits
I just like the Legend of Zelda main theme in general.
5. The sacred grove
The lost woods song was one of my favourite songs in OoT, this adaptation was awesome
6. Restore the light
Gives you a spiritual feeling it's cool
7. Rutela's song/serenade of water
It reminds me of OoT , so I like it.
8. Gerudo desert
I liked this song cause it gave an epic feel.
9. Boss battle theme, when ur attacking the enemy.
It sounds awesome, I just like it for awesome reasons.
10. Ganondorf sword fight
I liked this song cause it sounds epic for the final battle

Everything here looks kinda standard, except for Rutela's song, I really am glad to see her here again...... huh I guess she is gettin' more popular! haha

Last edited:

Raindrop14

Soldier for Christ!
Kakariko Village was very unique, I really like that theme, but it wasn't explosive in my face, but I can understand why it's one of your favorites. The Boss Battle Music is really impressive too. Is it the jingle when you get a fused shadow?

Yup.^^

Okay, now I have some changes.^^

1. Hidden Village
2. Boss battle music! XD
3. Midna's Lament
4. Sacred Grove
5. Midna's Theme
6. Kakariko Village
7. Serenade of Water
8. Victory music
9. Fused Shadow music
10. Hyrule Field

A

Azure Kite

1. Zant's Battle Theme
2. Snowpeak
3. Gerudo Desert
4. Sacred Grove
5. Palace of Twilight
6. Death Sword's Theme
7. Midna's Theme + Desperation/Lament
8. File Selection Screen/Fairy's Fountain
9. Hyrule Field (Day)
10. Blizzeta's Battle Theme (Phase 2)

There are just a few more, but those are the ones that I really enjoyed.

Very difficult to choose, but I tried:

1. The Trailer (Epic!)
2. Save Illia
3. Ordon Village
4. Hyrule Field
5. Midna's Lament
6. Our Children Taken
7. Midna's Theme
8. Opening
9. Illia's theme
10. Light Spirits

Also really loved the part when you're slaying a boss, like tatatatata hahah
and the part when Zelda transfers her powers to Midna and you hear Zelda's Lullaby

pit0010

GAME IT LIFE IS TO SHORT
10.temple of time
9. lake hylia
8. gerudo desert
7. midna's desperation
6. title screen
5. the twilight
4. ordon village
3. credits
2. sacred grove
1. HYRULE FIELD!!!!