• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 10 Hack-and-Slash Games Suggestions

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
No, there's no manual lock-on option. Dante automatically aims at an enemy according to how close he is and what direction he's facing. You can't physically choose which enemy you want to target

Yes he automaticly locks on at first, but you can switch between enemies by clicking the left analog stick (on the 360). So yes, you can choose which enemy you want to target.

Other then that...

>You have me convinced professor Hack 'n' Slash, I am awed by your words of wisdom.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
>You have me convinced professor Hack 'n' Slash, I am awed by your words of wisdom.

Seriously? I try to have a serious conversation with you, and you respond with sarcasm? A HN, no less? Smooth. Really smooth.

I'd say Batman: Arkham City. It may not be "hack-and-slash," but I hack-and-slashed through 95% of the combat.

The Arkham games have beat-em-up combat schemes like Double Dragon and Viewtiful Joe. They're also Action-Adventure games. Good recommendation, though. Arkham City was the definitive Batman experience. ;)

Onilink89

Nyanko Sensei
Seriously? I try to have a serious conversation with you, and you respond with sarcasm? A HN, no less? Smooth. Really smooth.

Nah, its just too much time and effort to actually respond to all your arguments one by one while knowing that this "serious" conversation will be too long if i continued and eventually result frustration on either sides. So yes, i responded with sarcasm to avoid this and i find it quite smooth too.

And what has me being a HN to do with this? HN are just Hall of Fame members of ZD due to long time contribution to the forums. We are not obligated to set an example like HK. And i am no HK anymore since the HN and HK rank got completely seperated.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Nah, its just too much time and effort to actually respond to all your arguments one by one while knowing that this "serious" conversation will be too long if i continued and eventually result frustration on either sides. So yes, i responded with sarcasm to avoid this and i find it quite smooth too.

You could just say you didn't feel like keeping it going. I would much rather you come out and say you're not interested than do what you did. :/

And what has me being a HN to do with this? HN are just Hall of Fame members of ZD due to long time contribution to the forums. We are not obligated to set an example like HK. And i am no HK anymore since the HN and HK rank got completely seperated.

[video=youtube;GYDhdonrWuw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYDhdonrWuw[/video]

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
All right, it looks like suggestions have run dry, but I've gotten some good ones, especially from Spirit and Onilink (obv. not talking about DmC lol). Thanks for the input, all! I'll get to work on this list shortly. Can't guarantee when I'll put it up, but it shouldn't be too long. A couple days max. :)

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Ah, duz JJems liek 2 mawsh teh butuns after awl? [:bleh:]

Give The Last Story a shot. RPG or not, it has the single best combat system that I've ever immersed myself in. You get a wide range of weapons and power-ups to help you and your companions succeed in battle. Plenty of hack/slashing is done along the way; but more importantly each battle is stressed with a strategical output that has multiple ways for you to vanquish your foes. On top of all this, sometimes the bosses might be way out of your comfort zone, so this isn't going to be anything like easy Zelda battles. ;)

Speaking of Zelda, I've noticed that TLS "borrowed" some stuff from TP.

So what are you waiting for? Go try it! =D

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know if it's been mentioned, but today I purchased an amazing (well...maybe not AMAZING but pretty darn good) title called Shinobi. It's an old PS2 game from like 2002 or so. It has a very annoying mechanic in that you have to constantly absorbed yin from defeated enemies, but by chaining foes you can momentarily build a powerful blade and just own things. It truly reminds me of this year's Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance regarding level design. So beautiful. It's around a #10 for me.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Give The Last Story a shot. RPG or not, it has the single best combat system that I've ever immersed myself in. You get a wide range of weapons and power-ups to help you and your companions succeed in battle. Plenty of hack/slashing is done along the way; but more importantly each battle is stressed with a strategical output that has multiple ways for you to vanquish your foes. On top of all this, sometimes the bosses might be way out of your comfort zone, so this isn't going to be anything like easy Zelda battles.

Thanks, but I'm sticking to strictly linear hack-and-slash Action games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom