• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Top 10 Best 2D Zelda Bosses Suggestions/Nominations

J

Jack

I don't really have an order either, but here are mine:

Vatti (MC)
Ganon (ALttP)
Onox (OoS)
Veran (OoA)
Trinexx (ALttP)
Blind (ALttP)
Ramrock (OoA)
Malludus (ST)
Modorm (ALttP)
Nightmare (LA)

Last edited by a moderator:

dazzsheil

All Hail Shadow
Im going with dark Link from Zelda II.if you don't cheat,it's one HELL Of a fight and really sets a good tone for a final battle.I mean,who knows you better than your own Shadow?It's sort of Sadistic in a way that Link,after going through the hell he just went through to get to the Triforce,here comes an old man saying"You have to defeat your shadow,only then will you be couragous enough to hold the triforce of courage or something long those lines.And then fighting his Shadow? It's an epic fight and is one of,if not THE Best boss fight in Zelda or even Nintendo History!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Im going with dark Link from Zelda II.if you don't cheat,it's one HELL Of a fight and really sets a good tone for a final battle.I mean,who knows you better than your own Shadow?It's sort of Sadistic in a way that Link,after going through the hell he just went through to get to the Triforce,here comes an old man saying"You have to defeat your shadow,only then will you be couragous enough to hold the triforce of courage or something long those lines.And then fighting his Shadow? It's an epic fight and is one of,if not THE Best boss fight in Zelda or even Nintendo History!

Do you have any other suggestions? (And just suggestions, not reasonings for now?)

Pikacondon

Title.
Trinexx(Alttp), Dark Link(Aol), Vaati(all appearences) Nightmare, (La) , Ramrock(OoA), And... this guy may not be on any of your lists, but...Lanmolas from Alttp. these dudes, if fought with ice rod/bombs only, are a heck of a fight. like a 2d twinmola: FLIPPIN' AWESOME!! Plus, their flights are erratic and their shrapnel can't be blocked. What's not to like?

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
Helmasaur King (A Link to the Past)
Dethl (Link's Awakening)
Gleeok (The Legend of Zelda)
Molgera (The Wind Waker)
Volvagia (Ocarina of Time)
Lanmolas (A Link to the Past)
Morpheel (Twilight Princess)
Armogohma (Twilight Princess)
Ganon (A Link to the Past)
Ganon (The Wind Waker)

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Helmasaur King (A Link to the Past)
Dethl (Link's Awakening)
Gleeok (The Legend of Zelda)
Molgera (The Wind Waker)
Volvagia (Ocarina of Time)
Lanmolas (A Link to the Past)
Morpheel (Twilight Princess)
Armogohma (Twilight Princess)
Ganon (A Link to the Past)
Ganon (The Wind Waker)

Again, some of these are 3D bosses. This is a 2D boss list, meaning 8-bit or 16-bit bosses.

S

Snake

Ganon (LoZ)
Dark Link (AoL)
Ganon (ALttP)
Nightmare (LA)
Onox (OoS)
Veran (OoA)
Twinrova (OoX)
Ganon (OoX)
Bellum (PH)
Malludus (ST)

Another point, it's confusing because you stated an ST boss as one of your favorites, but later you said only 8 and 16 bits bosses but the DS bosses are 64 bit. Can you clarify on this please?

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
I haven't played the DS games, so this is limited to NES/SNES/GB(C/A). I've chosen bosses who I thought were quite challenging:
- Dark Link (AoL)
- Thunderbird (AoL)
- Mothula (LttP)
- Trinexx (LttP)
- Ganon (LttP)
- Nightmares (LA)
- Veran (OoA)
- Onox (OoS)
- Vaati 1st form (MC)
- Gyorg (MC)

(oh, and no particular order ofc)

Last edited:

Ice Sage

these are words
Well, I shall contribute. They are in no particular order.
Vitreous
Ganon
Gleeok
Trinnex
Kholdstare
Eyesoar
Twinrova (OoA/OoS)
Dark Links (ALttP) (I don't find them too hard lately (because I've played against them so many times), but it was hard on my first time through.)
Rebonack
Thunderbird
I'm not sure I concider these to exactly be the hardest, but they are the ones I came up with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom