• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Toon Link Vs. Link?

M

Mazer

When I was playing WW, PH, and ST, I noticed some similarities between Links from oter games and the Link who has come to be known as Toon Link. Also to offer an explanation to the differing time lines, are the different Links supposed to be reincarnations of the original? I think this would explain a lot.

David

But you called me here...
I love both. Toon link holds a special place in my heart because WW was my first Zelda game. But Link is way cooler.

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
Guys. We're getting waaay off topic. For starters, we're in the "Zelda Theory" section, which means we're supposed to be discussing/debating a theory, not just picking which we like best and why. If you'd read the first post before posting, you've noticed this...

Okay, onto an answer of sorts...

When I was playing WW, PH, and ST, I noticed some similarities between Links from oter games and the Link who has come to be known as Toon Link. Also to offer an explanation to the differing time lines, are the different Links supposed to be reincarnations of the original? I think this would explain a lot.

I think the confusion first arises from Smash Bros Brawl, where it lists "Link" and "Toon Link" as being seperate characters. The truth is, they aren't. They're both just different incarnations of "Link". The reason they're listed under seperate names is to avoid confusion on the character select screen, so you didn't have a LINK and a LINK.

Obviously, most of the Links are different guys, but you're right, they do all share common traits. This has lead some to theorize that they are in fact the reincarnation of the same guy (some would point out that there are a few quotes here and there in the games that seem to suggest this), but just as likely they simply could all be incarnations (different to a reincarnation) of "the Hero" that appears in Hyrule in times of need... and as Locke said, they just look alike for familiarity... or possibly they're all related and each are a different generation in a bloodline (again, some would say there's some evidence for this too...)
Honestly though, no one really knows... so it's up to you to make up your mind XD

Also, just to clear this up if it needs to be... the way you mention WW, PH and ST Link makes it sound like he's the same guy XDD Correct, they all count as being a Toon Link, but only WW/PH Link is the Toon Link mentioned in Brawl. ST Link is a seperate Link entirely to WW/PH Link :3

Last edited:
Z

ZeldaPower

Well if your playing super smash brothers brawl on wii , Toon link is stronger then link.

AwesomeLink86

Link is awesome!!
I prefer Link over Toon Link, but that's just me.

On Topic: You can think of the different Links as reincarnations of each other, but I like to think that they also all share the same bloodline. Most people think the
Wind Waker Link is completely different (not blood related at all) but my time line theory actually connects him by blood:

The Adult Link in OoT at some point hooked up with Malon. It was only after Link left to go back to his childhood at the end that Malon discovered she was pregnant. The Link in ALttP is actually the descendant of this child and the OoX/LA Link is the descendant of that Link. At the end of LA, that Link gets lost at sea and settles on an island far away from Hyrule. After Hyrule gets flooded in the BS of WW, Link's descendants could have then left and settled on Outset Island.

This theory is a stretch, but it's my basis for my AT. You don't have to believe this. You could say that the WW Link is not related, but I just like to make a connection there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom