• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Zelda Toon Link in Mario Kart 8!

I am not sure if any one has made a thread about this before or not ...

But how cool would it be to play as Toon Link in Mario Cart 8 !!

Let me know what you guys think.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
In my eyes it's called Mario Kart for a reason, so I think it should stay within its own realm. Of course they could always deviate off course and make an All Starts Nintendo Karting game (an idea I had a while back), but for now I think the series is fine with its current roster of characters.

As much as I love this idea, Mario Kart 8's roster is fine the way it is unless Nintendo turned it into an All-Stars Racing game. (Can't believe I just unapproved the idea of Toon Link being playable in MK8. ><)

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
They do have Donkey Kong and a few other characters from other Nintendo games..So why not Link lol

This is a very common statement about Mario Kart. We must remember that Donkey Kong is actually a part of the Mario universe. The original Donkey Kong game starred Mario, and they have been in multiple games together since then, thus Donkey Kong and any character from his games can appear in Mario Kart as they are technically the same franchise.

Link is not apart of the Mario franchise. The only way this would work is if we had a SSB Kart version... which could easily be a mini game in a Smash release.

Salem

SICK
I think Toon Link is a lot better choice than baby versions of main characters and characters like Metal Mario.

Fig

The Altruist
They do have Donkey Kong and a few other characters from other Nintendo games..So why not Link lol

Well to be fair, Donkey Kong is still a character in the Mario series. It's that reason why we see DK and other members of the Kongs from time to time in other Mario spin-off games such as Mario Golf, Mario Tennis, Mario Strikers, and other spin-off titles. Link on the other hand, is in a different universe of Nintendo and though he may have connections with Mario as more Zelda games are released (i.e. in the forms of cameos, easter eggs, and references), DK has been with Mario since the very beginning in the 1981 arcade game Donkey Kong. Heck, Nintendo has even branched off from the original arcade game made a Mario vs Donkey Kong mini-series to bring back the rivalry between two of Nintendo's beloved mascots. It's because DK being already a character in the Mario universe is why we have seen him in every Mario Kart installment to date (except Super Mario Kart when it was Donkey Kong Jr.). That said, it would be pretty cool to see other characters being part of the Mario Kart roster in the distant future. And Speaking of Toon Link, this discussion topic remind me of this:

10168082_1480084408872532_1559222769_n.jpg

My birthday was on April 13th, so when you get my birthday scenario, I was Run Over by a kart driven by Toon Link. Just thought that so was so coincidental! In all seriousness, I would like to see if maybe we can get either DLC characters for Mario Kart or maybe in future installments of Super Smash Bros to have a minigame where we can drive as our favorite characters in a Mario Kart-based minigame! x3

That's funny. My birthday's on April 13 too....

I think the idea of any Zelda character riding a kart is really weird...

Mangachick14

Nerdy and Proud
I feel like he would stick out like a sore thumb. As others have mentioned, it's MARIO kart, not Nintendo Kart. Seeing Link in the game would feel about as strange as seeing Samus there too.

BoxTar

i got bored and posted something
We've had a discussion in the past with Zelda characters having their own "Mario Kart" sort of series. I for one am for it, if they don't just make it a Mario Kart clone with just different skinned items. (I mean, come on, imagine a bunch of horse back riding or bird flying with arrows and bombs as items, amirite?)

But no, Toon Link would not work very well within the Mario Kart universe, imo. They just got two different universes going on, y'know? It would've been like putting Kirby into Diddy Kong racing. On paper it would seem ok, but...within the universe already created, it would end up more...silly and out of place, rather than charming.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom