• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Toon Link Age

MiniMouseofPyru

The Notorious M.O.P.
He's 16, I think. Your Grandmother say that once a boy turns sixteen than they are considered a man since that was how old the Hero of Time was. I think that's how it goes...

He is ten. They say at the beginning that since the hero of time disappeared, they gave green tunics to boys on their 10th birthday hoping one of them would be the next hero. Although not a hundred percent, I am pretty sure that's what it said at the beginning.

If we are to assume that Iwata Asks interviews are true, then we could asume that WW Link is 9 years old if the Coming of Age matches with the Young Link's age during his journey:
Miyamoto
Yes. When we decided to handle Link growing up from a 9-year-old child to a more mature 16-year-old, I wanted lots of characters to fulfill various roles. For example, Kaepora Gaebora is a grandfather figure who gives Link all kinds of advice and looks out for him. And since Link is a boy, I wanted girls besides Princess Zelda to show up.
Iwata Asks

Fig

The Altruist
Doesn't the Wind Waker say that Link is a 12 year old, and that wearing the Hero's clothing a coming-out-age ceremonial event. Plus, Link does look like a 12 year old, so might as well be it.

VitaTempusN92

Hero of Time! The True Zelda Genius!
No one is really sure about Link's age in any of the games, not even Nintendo it seems sometimes since they keep changing it on us :dry:. All we know is that in some games, he appears to be a kid, and in others, he appears to be an adult, then there's OoT where he appears to be a kid in present time and an adult seven years in the future. For all we know, Link could be 16 in WW since it's supposed to be parallel to TP which is said for the Link in that game to be 16. No one really knows what Link's true age is cause Nintendo can't seem make up their darn minds in which is why Namco didn't bother with Link's age when they had him guest star in SC II, thus leaving it unknown.

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
9. Wind Waker Link is supposed to be the same age as OoT Link to get the tunic. Nintendo has confirmed OoT Link was five. If we go by appearance alone, the other Links are also 9. Makes sense...although he looks a little younger.

Anyway, don't trust Brawl. There's nothing canonically factual about what that series says. Like the infamous redead mistake in Melee.

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
TWW Toon Link must be at least 12. I really can't see him as 9 years of age, that just doesn't seem right. Nowhere in the ZD Wiki text dump for this game does it state his age, therefore all ages theorized thus far are non-canon, but 12 seems to be the most logical, if any.

DarkestLink

Nintendo's confirmed OoT Link is 9. I'd say he looks 10, but I can live with 9. Opening of Wind Waker says he's the same age as OoT Link, so that'd be 9...honestly, though, he looks like he's 6 or 7.

DarkestLink

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom