• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Toon Link, Adult Link, Kid Link, or Adolescent Link

Which Links should return?

• Adult Link

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Toon Link

• Kid Link

• Adolescent Link

• All of Them

• Total voters

LanceLercher

The White Knight Alien
Which version of Link would you like to see more of?

Note: If you like them all, please don't click on all of the boxes, just on the box that shows "All of them".

My ranking goes like this->> Young Link>Adult Link>Toon Link>Adolescent Link

My reasons for this are two fold:

I. The originality of the game or part of game the specific version of Link appears in.
II. The interaction of that specific Link with his environment

I found Young Link's relatively minor third of the game or so as well as his full claim to fame in Majora's Mask to be some of the greatest moments in franchise history. The pacing of both was perfect. Nintendo was wise to get the player in on the action right away. Ocarina of Time has a very brief tutorial followed by its first dungeon whereas Majora's Mask lacks even that as Skull Kid steals Epona from Link and runs off. Recent installments such as Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword suffered from having a long and drawn-out introduction.

Young Link also forget a distinct bond between the characters he met. The childhood friendship throughout between Link and Saria is felt throughout the game whereas seeing Darunia's heart of stone open up after playing Saria's Song is one of the most poignant and flat-out beautiful moments in franchise history. I feel myself continually transported back to my childhood after all those years. One last added benefit Link enjoyed as a youth was that he had plenty of beautiful girls to choose from. :)

I really would like for him to return. Never before had I related to a Link as much as Young Link. He truly embodies what Nintendo stands for as a company-entertainment for the whole family. As much as I loved all the other Links, this was one whose timeless appeal still captivates me to this day. Simply stunning. There are no other words for how much I enjoyed playing as him. It also certainly helped that he was a fighter in one of my favorite games of all time-Super Smash Bros. Melee.

Night Owl

~Momentai
I Like them all and would like to see them all appear again.

My favorite would be Toon Link from WW though.
WW was my first 3-D game. At 8 years old I was able to connect with him the best.
Later I played OoT and MM, But I didn't fully comprehend what was going on until I was older. (I Still love Darunia's dance number though)

Dracoburn

Lance's Protégé
I think Link is at his best when he's older and can use real, powerful weapons. I mean really, how do you go about killing something with a slingshot or a boomerang, realistically?

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Adult Link (Twilight Princess, Skyward Sword, Latter-Ocarina of Time and Zelda II) tends to be my favourite. I don't dislike the others, I just don't like them as much.

Links Brother

I am Links older Brother!
There have been a lot of kid links recently and I wanted to see something diffrent. The Teen Link was a perfect blend bettween a mature adult and a kid so it pleased both audiences.

Adult link is the coolest because he's a man ! i never got into the idea of a kid going through and defeating bosses

I like toon Link as he can be funny and his movements put a cartoon style on everything. Yet I also like playing as adult Link as he can seem more mature and just more powerful. In OoT when you obtain adult Link he just seems and is much more powerful.

I like them all!!! But I personally like the Adolescent Link just a little better... :) I don't know why for sure...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom