• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tools / Weapons You DESPISE

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I totally agree on the slingshot. -_- . I mean, it's cute at first, but it just doesn't have much of a purpose after obtaining the superior long-range weaponry. It had more of a use in Skyward Sword just because it takes a while in that game to get the Clawshots and the Bow.

*hits himself* Why did I forget about the Slingshot?

The Sligshot is one item I really don't enjoy too much. Except in OoT, where the Slingshot is Child Link's version of the bow, the Slingshot rarely has a use in the games its in. And if there's one thing I don't like, it's useless items in games. TP had the most useless Slingshot. After the first dungeon, it became all about the Bow. Even the Gale Boomerang took over a few of the Slingshot's roles. It lost its purpose very quickly.

In SS, however, I still regularly use the Slingshot. I use it to stun enemies so I can kill them without having them run off the edge into quicksand and lose my chance at an item drop. I'm looking at you, Bokoblins that hang out outside the Mining Facility. -.- So, the Slingshot it isn't all bad. But its generally useless in most games.

Last edited:

Skunk

Floof
Really Shadsie? I actually have grown to appreciate thespinner eventhough you hardly use it. When I was little I loved tops so, yeah. I don't like the shovel in most games. Other than getting ruppees or performing minigames, it serves no purpose.

r2d93

Hero of the Stars
I hate deku sticks and deku nuts. I never use them. Aside from lighting torches with a stupid deku stick thats been sitting in my pockets since the beginning of the fricken game, and aside from using a few deku nuts on gohma and a few on Ganon when i'm bored, i never ever use these itmes.

I thought the hover boots in OoT were stupid and useless. They ggave the illusion of walking on ice. Plus, i don't want the ability to walk slightly longer off of a cliff to get to another, just put a hookshot targer there or something.

Don't like lanterns. In all fairness, it's difficult to make good use of a lantern besides lighting things and burning things, but i just see them as a neaussance. The only game where i sort of didn't mind the lantern was the Minish Cap.

I hate boomerangs that only stun enemies. Especially when you recieve them late in the game

And bombchus kindof suck too

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I hate deku sticks and deku nuts. I never use them. Aside from lighting torches with a stupid deku stick thats been sitting in my pockets since the beginning of the fricken game, and aside from using a few deku nuts on gohma and a few on Ganon when i'm bored, i never ever use these itmes.

My forgetfulness amazes even me sometimes. I completely forgot about Deku Nuts. I also dislike them. I always thought of them as dead weight. However, upon playing OoT Master Quest, I figured out that Deku Nuts can be very useful if you use them right. They helped me out when I used them to stun enemies and defeat them when my health was low. I use them more often now, but the fact that they give off the impression of a mostly useless item bugs me. They also aren't too useful in a variety of situations. So, even though they come in handy sometimes, I don't like them too much. But that could just be because I didn't discover their usefulness right away.

Link-of-Lylat

It's me!
Hmmm... I'll go with Either Ice arrows in Oot (NOT MM) or the gormen mask from MM. The Ice arrows really just waste magic, and the gormen mask is needed for nothing (unless you want an easy hug from Cremia :) ) and looks sooo U-G-L-Y! D:

Hmm, well there are a bit of items / weapons / tools I felt were completely useless, poorly integrated, or just plain stupid. I felt like aLttP had a lot of items, many of which were not used much.. But cool nonetheless..

Cane of Byrna - I don't think I used this item once..
Bombos, Ether and Quake Medallions - out of all three of these, the Bombos is definitely one that I used a lot more often.. But all in all, the Medallions were cool, but stupid. Items that are required for one thing and that's it are poorly designed.
Spinner - this is the dumbest, most useless, annoying, piece of crap item ever designed for a Zelda game. It says something about TP; if they are dumb enough to think spinning on a top in a "realistic" style Zelda game works, then they were out of their minds.
Gust Jar - I didn't like this item at all.. Even thugh it was necessary and by no means was it implemented poorly.. I just didn't like it, dunno why : /

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom