• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Too Old to Play Zelda?

Never! Zelda is for all ages! In fact, one of the things I like is how the fan base ranges from like 10 year olds or younger to adults! It's a game for everyone!

TheRationalDove

Red Hair Wonder
Zelda is Defiently not childish in anyway. heck, my dad and I would play Crash Team Racing together when I was younger and that game's arguably more childish than any LoZ game.

I'm 34, had a go on my sister's friend's NES when I was about 11 and tried my hand at the original Super Mario Bros; since then my life has pretty much revolved around Nintendo, Mario and since Wind Waker the Zelda series. If someone wants to be friends with me then they have to put up with my 21+ year old obsession.

In fact I met a guy who I took to be about my age a couple of weeks ago who also said he was a "Nintendo nut", when I asked what game he was playing currently he said he was playing Pikmin 2. When I asked how old he was he told me he was 40.

Last edited:
Why should being 21 be too old to play Zelda? That's like saying "Isn't 21 too old to be playing Mario/Call of Duty?" Mario is a legendary series (as is Zelda) that is playable by people of all ages and Call of Duty gives the impression to me of some teenagers sitting, shooting things and screaming at the tv... The reality is people of all ages play that too. People enjoy different things and they should be allowed to without judgment.

RedDekuScrub

Red as the Crimson Sun
You are never too old to play The Legend of Zelda, or any First Party Nintendo game for that matter. Nintendo designs and directs their games to be for ALL ages.

The irony is that many "mature" games appeal most to immature people. I'm not saying I don't enjoy shooters once in a while, but there seems to be this flawed perception among young "adults" that playing M games makes them more grown up. I think playing a game because you derive enjoyment from it is more mature than playing a game to fit in with your peers. And in light of that, I consider Zelda to be a very mature series! :P

I think the problem is (which I feel was caused by the wii) is that people view nintendo as a gaming console for children and not "proper" gamers

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom