• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Too Old to Play Zelda?

Chameleon

Down for maintenance.
I am 18 and people my age (and lower) are already killing people on the Xbox 360. I never liked that. I play Zelda because I find it better than any other "adult" games. I don't even find Zelda childish. Zelda's always had that thing about its plot that never ceases to amaze me. I'll keep playing Zelda Mario Kirby and Sonic until I die. period.

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Oh good god. Saying someone is too old for Zelda or Pokemon for that matter, is like saying the sun is too old to come up tomorrow.

I've played one "adult" game: Call of Duty Black Ops. Just in multiplayer and zombie mode though, havent tried story mode. And it kinda bores me. "Adult" games tend to have no plot whatsoever...and gameplay that gets boring after awhile.

It absolutely infuriates me to hear people say things like "Lol Pokemon/Zelda is for babies." Just because something doesnt have guts and blood spewing out everywhere or naked girls does NOT mean it's for babies. Could a baby raise a team of Pokemon strong enough to beat the Elite 4 and Champion, or pwn Demise/Ganondorf? Better yet, would a baby even get to the first dungeon? A baby would probably just run around and cut grass and have a good old time. If the controller doesnt go in their mouth that is.

ShadowDiety

Nanomachines, son.
You can't be too old to play rated E games. Like you said, E stands for everyone. Just because kids can play it doesn't mean it doesn't have story or atmosphere.

I've had my share of people telling me this too. People always try to act superior because they play only "adult" rated M games. But in all honesty it doesn't mean anything, a game doesn't need senseless violence, swearing, or even blood to be good let alone a masterpiece.

Niko Bellic 817

GH3: Legends of Rock
If you can satisfy your other life priorities, then there is nothing wrong with it. Zelda requires certain logic to get through puzzles that older people understand more. It's better for the mind than one of your typical M rated FPS's, in my opinion really find it annoying when people tell me I'm too old to being playing video games. (I'm 18.) Whether it's Zelda or any other video game really, it's just an ageless hobby.

guapo2003

The incomparable legend
I would say that it doesn't matter how old you are. I mean come on, look at the people who create the games. They are like in their 50s, so yeah age has nothing to do with it and how old you are. For some people, games just aren't their thing, so even being a kid or teenager they would say you're even too old to play games.

i'm 37 and love the windwaker/twilight princess (2 of my all time favourite games of any genre).i've been playing computer games since the 80's and i cannot see myself ever stopping (and that includes zelda games ;-)

Ninten*

BLOOOOOOOO
Being too old to play Legend of Zelda is an impossibility. There's tons of active people in their 20s on these forums.

Zelda in particular is a series that I think is great for people of ALL ages to play, no matter how old. With games in general I don't think there should be some mental cut-off age where people think you should no longer play them; they're about having fun and doing something you enjoy, and everyone should be aloud to do that.

That being said, my father enjoys Zelda, Pokemon, and other games in his SIXTIES, now. If anything, he may put in more game time than I do on the average week. We've even had some entertaining times introducing family in their seventies to Zelda as well. They enjoyed it. Obviously I'm going to live by my father's example by enjoying what you love for as long as it brings you joy.

Never to old to play Zelda. Anyone who thinks you can be too old to be playing Zelda does not know what it means to be dedicated to a video game series. Enough said.

Night Owl

~Momentai
If People could become too old to play Zelda, then I would not be a gamer. My mother taught me how to play Link's Awakening when I was 5. If it weren't for her or my father liking Zelda I might not be playing videogames at all.
Both My parents Still enjoy videogames and the fun they bring in general.
This is why I say No one is too old for Zelda.
But you need a brain to beat the game.

I think that there really isn't an age that you should stop playing a game you enjoy. That's just silly and other people should be able to respect other people enough to let them enjoy their games in peace.

"E" for everyone, right? :D

In all seriousness though the success and timeless appeal of the franchise lie in its borad audience ranging from children to adults in their forties and fifties. I've been playing Zelda games for 13 years now and I certainly have no intention to stop playing them in the near future. Also, the argument that Nintendo is a kiddy company is completely lacking in rational foundation. Heck, I know almost forty year ods on this very forum who play Nintendo games. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom