• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Too Early?

alkane

pokemon master of hyrule
ok so pokemon hg/ss came out in march 2010 or something right? then only one year later b/w came out, to me it seems like hg/ss faded even quicker then it came about! i feel like hg/ss got kinda screwed over in it all. does anyone else feel the same?

Despite HGSS lasting less than a year, I completed more of SoulSilver than I have any other Pokemon game, getting only about a dozen Pokemon away from completing my Pokedex completely. Besides, about 2/3 of the people who played HGSS already experienced these games with GSC, so there's no real reason to keep them going much longer.

I have to agree with Zenox, but it should have gone Diamond/Pearl then HG/SS then Platinum and then Black and White, then HG/SS would have got a lot more limelight.

I'm disappointed to see that Pokemon has become an annual franchise. There are already too much of these. Remember the days when one had to wait three to five years for a new installment in a series? Now, either the installments are being rushed too early or too many teams are working on different projects in the same franchise. It's not really about one title garnering spotlight but rather the overall question of franchise fatigue, which is beginning to show in franchise's which were once highly acclaimed. Don't get me wrong, it's not only Pokemon but also Halo, Assassin's Creed, Street Fighter, Tekken, Need for Speed, Call of Duty, and a plethora of others at this point but this is certainly outrageous! Black and White 2 is coming too early and though if it's innovative enough, it will definitely outsell the originals and lead the DS to outsell the PS2, I can't imagine this new pair breaking any franchise record.

Heartgold and soulsilver were only remakes of the pokemons games that come after red/blue/green. because of it I think it didnt have much time for them.

Saying that this Pokemon generation was what started me on Pokemon I loved SS a lot :D ... however it is a little sad how quickly they we on to the next game... :P still love B/W .... I loved it all :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom