• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Titles That Didn't Deserve/need Sequels

Ruby Link

He who started the fire
Well, the name is kinda self-explainatory, but the question is, what movies, video games, books, ect. do you think did not deserve or need a sequel? It could be because the original was perfect and the sequel would just ruin it, or because the original sucked and didn't even get much attention. For me its Final Destination. Personaly, I think the creators of Final Destination 5 need to be locked in a room with no food or water, until they all understand the definition of final... :lol:

N

NathanSalsa

Pretty much every Sonic game after Sonic adventure did not deserve to be made..

Big Octo

=^)
I do not think that Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows needed a sequel. It should have been in one part.
It would've been very long in one part. It wasn't really a sequel. I agree with the final destination thing it shouldn't have had any sequels to begin with, so the movie's going to be awful.

The Saw series. I'm a big fan of it, but come on. Saw 3 and 4 should have been one movie because their endings tie together and they took place at the same time. Not to mention Saw 6 should be wiped off the face of the Earth.

bubblecrash

Oh no its back
twilight, it made me sad but probly cause i read dracula right before i read that. i could barely finish the second book, i think im maybe on page 10 of the third. romace is good but sparkly vampires not so much.

ShaddixCroft

The Twilight King
Final Fantasy......it was originally going to be a one game only until Square knew they could milk the **** out of it so 13 FF main games and spin offs later..... yeah they should of just stuck with the one game.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The entire Call of Duty series is ridiculous. Legit, all it is is the same game over and over, with different characters and a different subtitle...

::EDIT::
to whoever gave me negative rep for this, I've played most of the Call of Duty games. I wouldn't have said this is I hadn't played the games and/or seen people play the games.

Last edited:
S

SS,OoT,WW,TP

Final Fantasy......it was originally going to be a one game only until Square knew they could milk the **** out of it so 13 FF main games and spin offs later..... yeah they should of just stuck with the one game.

I kinda agree with you on that, but some spinoffs were good, for example type-0.

Gotta agree with zeldahuman on the Call of Duty thing. Plus all of the EA Sports titles. If Valve were making the games they'd just be patching that crap, not flogging the same game with some arbitrary changes every year.

Actually, its called Final Fantasy because Squaresoft thought that it would be their final game. Get it?

Anyway, I really don't think that there needed to be anymore Rocky movies after the 4th one.

~Mizuki~

ALWAYS LEAVE BOX 5 OPEN
The entire Call of Duty series is ridiculous. Legit, all it is is the same game over and over, with different characters and a different subtitle...
You stole my words :xd:, well yeah CoD, the series is just repeating a event that has happened in the past, like World War 2, who wants to play game that brings back memories that people who don't want to remember, oh.....The Twilight series, I nearly vomit after reading and watching the movie

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
And I guess I'll go with Halo. I hear that Master Chief "dies" in the end of just about every game, and they don't show what happens afterwords. Yet when the next game comes out he's back as if nothing ever happened. If you're going to kill him, just do it; otherwise just show how he escapes danger.
No they don't kill him off each time. They show an ending where it looks like he dies, but he doesn't. And then they have extended endings you unlock by beating it again, usually under a higher or highest difficulty, where it shows how he survives. It's just for dramatic effect and replay value. They were never trying to kill off the character.

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Breaking Wind- I mean, Dawn- is apparently getting a "sequel" called Midnight Sun, which will be a retelling of Twilight from Edward's POV (hopefully the fight where Bella shut her eyes out of fear that was retconned in the movie will be shown) (which has been officially ended because chapters were "leaked" by Meyer herself). The ending to BD was wrong! It ended in utter tragedy! Bella and Edward LIVED!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom