• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Titles That Didn't Deserve/need Sequels

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
And I guess I'll go with Halo. I hear that Master Chief "dies" in the end of just about every game, and they don't show what happens afterwords. Yet when the next game comes out he's back as if nothing ever happened. If you're going to kill him, just do it; otherwise just show how he escapes danger.

I would disagree with that one there. The halo games needed sequels and prequels because halo's universe is a big one. The covenant were not stopped until 3 and there was still war going on even before halo 1. He does not die in every game, you just have to complete on legendary difficulty to see the true ending scene.(or go on you tube like me because I don't like legendary difficulty). I personally find Halo to be one of my favourite game series and apart from bulletstorm (which was hilarious) the best shooter game.

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Call of Duty is a mess. Exactly what Zeldahuman said. It's the same game over and over. I've played all of them and the only ones that are even worth it are Black Ops and probably MW3.

MW7

I've got one, what was the point of releasing Guitar Hero 2-6 and Rock Band 2 and 3? All those games did was add new songs so that you had to buy them together rather than pick and choose from the downloadable content list.

I'm glad that there was a Star Wars prequel trilogy and a fourth Indiana Jones movie, but I'd be lying if I didn't say they weren't at least a little disappointing/underwhelming.

Also the whole genre of sports games needs to take a step back. Ten years ago they started making such marginal improvements to games year to year that I thought releasing them every year was overkill. Now it's reached the point that it's just ridiculous.

Last edited:

Draymorath

Destroyer of Destruction
OK. Here are some.

Inspector Gadget 2
Alvin and the Chipmunks the Squeakual
CoD
Avatar 2 (they are making another one, right?)
Beverly Hills Chihuahua 2
Atlantis 2
Happy Feet 2
Saw
Final Destination
High School Musical (both sequels)

There are a lot more, but I don't have the time or concentration to think of them.

Conor

the over analysing guy
Terminator 2 didn't need a sequel, where they ended it of was PERFECT but then terminator 3 is like NOPE.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom