• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Titanic

A far better movie about the Titanic and much more true to what really happened is A Night To Remember. its a true b/w classic.

Amelie

Air Dancer
I remember seeing that movie. It is really really good! I remember the ship sank as a whole piece though because they did not know it broke in half yet... but yes that is a good movie ^^

I watched it in American History last year. along with several other great movies. It was good times indeed. Too bad its not on Tv very often.

MOS3

Agent Of Chaos
Acting in violence... Even with your posts I hope you dont mean to say the actors in Titanic are bad... because they are quite good. There is more to movies then blood cussing and violence.

The acting was very cheesy in Titanic, the love story boring and predictable. Kate Winslet's acting has improved over the years, but Leonardo DiCaprio's still a horrible actor, the movie was waaaaaaaay too long for the story it was telling (and I have nothing against long movies, I love Seven Samurai and it lasts almost 3 hrs) it definitely should not have won Best Picture award, As Good as it gets and Good Will Hunting were much better and interesting movies, and all the hype it got was from teen girls going to see it at theaters over and over and over just because L. DiCaprio was on it...and yes, there is a lot more to the Godfather than blood, cussing and violence, like an excelent script/story, amazing performances, truly classic soundtrack, unlike Titanic where we got our TVs and radios infested by the annoying Celine Dion and characters you can care for that have an actual background. :)

Last edited:

Hanyou

didn't build that
I intensely disliked Titanic when I first saw it, but then I was 13.

I have a feeling it's probably very good. I don't remember it as well as I should, but what I've seen of it in recent years looks pretty awesome; and considering the quality of Cameron's other films (Terminator 1 and 2 are two of my favorite movies) I wouldn't be surprised if it deserved the praise it gets.

Made_Of_Win

Hugh Jackman's Boxers
Titanic is one of the most overrated, boring movies ever. The only interesting parts were at the end when the sinking began.

I like long movies but this movie wasn't interesting enough to be as long as it was. I remember all the girls at school going nuts over it and seeing it 8-10 times and crying over Leonardo DiCaprio. It was pathetic.

To each his own but I could barely sit through the movie one time. I can't imagine how people saw it multiple times.

K

kukuruza

Each time I cry, when I look this cinema... Very beautiful, tragic history about love.

F

fallen angel

i thought that titanic was such a sad movie when i watched it. but omg, the first time i ever sat there and watched the entire thing in one sitting was a couple months back. till then id jus watch bits and pieces but it was all understandable. id always get so parinoid when the ship was bein flooded inside. i felt like at any given moment my house would flood... it was weird. but yea i love that movie...

Dragon Tamer

Cold hearted...thing
I loved this movie. I would watch it over and over and over again. It looks soooo real!
The ending was sad, it touched my heart. They did a great job making Titanic.
Great, now i want to go watch it. :)

I must say.. I love the Titanic. It's totally epic and the acting and effects are great. Truly a great movie. Used to be my favorite for a while.

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Yeah, Titanic is a great movie. I bought this movie only because Leonardo Dicaprio makes an appearance. The story--true events or at least the sinking of the ship--was solid. And, I admit, I did cry. Heh, I cry a lot whenever I see sad parts in movies. :D

Hero Of Spirits

Champion of Cyrodiil
One of the greatest movies ever made in my opinion. Let me tell you why:

For as long as I can remember, I've always been interested in the story of the Titanic. I don't know why, it just facinates me. The ship that built to be "unsinkable", failed in the end. (You have to admit, technology back then was a bit undeveloped back then) I just like reading about it whenever I can.

Oh yeah, back to the movie. I first saw it when I was at a mate's place for a sleepover, at the age of 6. It was on the TV & up to the part where the ship begins to sink. I was the only one awake, wondering what was going to happen next. I have seen it fully a fair few times since then & I enjoy watching it. I've always been a sucker for passionate love stories, & kinda hate it. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom