• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Titan Legends: A Legend of Zelda and Teen Titans Crossover

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Chapter One: The Light Spirit

My name is Link, and this is my story....

It was my 13th birthday, and my mentor, Swiftblade, had just finished training me for the day. He was the finest swordsman in all of Lanayru Town, and he was the closest thing I had to a father. You see, my mother and father died when I was really young, and their friend, Swiftblade, took me in. He raised me in the art of the sword as if I were his son.

As I was saying, I had finished with my training for the day, and Swiftblade told me to come into the kitchen. When I arrived he said, "A little rusty, but you have done well today, Link." I was glad to hear that. Then to my suprise, he handed me a sword.

"This is for you. It has become custom that when a boy reaches the age of 13, he is ready to wield his own sword. Use it with pride."

Then without warning, a huge explosion occured in the training room. Both my mentor and I were startled. We immediately rushed to the training room. Smoke was still billowing out of the giant hole the explosion carved out in the room. Then, out of the smoke, a person in black armor lunged at us. Swiftblade evaded the attack, but when another man attacked, Swiftblade cleaved his head off with his blade. I expected blood, but to my suprise, the man was mechanical.

Afterwards, at least 10 more men came at us, and one fired a laser at Swiftblade, knocking him to the ground. I tried to help, slashing my way through the many mechanical men that got in my way, but then one of them shot a laser at me, knocking me back. My sword flew out of my hands and landed 10 feet away from me. Two of the men grasped Swiftblade by the arms, and held him up. Then out of the smoke, another figure appeared, in the same colors as the other men, but taller, and he didn't seem to be mechanical. He glared at me through his mask, which was brown on the left, and black on the right. I raced for my sword, but he quickly lunged at me. I was knocked back, and buried under a pile of rubble so that only my head and arms could show. He then picked up my sword, and approached Swiftblade.

"So you're the famous swordsman I heard was living in these parts, one whose blade is said to be as fast as lightning. I must say, I am gravely disappointed." he said in a low, but powerful voice.

Then he glared at Swiftblade, as if he was looking into his soul. "But enough of that, lets get down to business. I've heard rumors that you know the whereabouts of the Hero of Time. Is this true?" he asked. Swiftblade was silent, and this seemed to anger the man.

"Tell me now! Where is the Hero of Time?!" he asked viscously.

"Even if I did know, I would never tell you" Swiftblade told him. The masked man looked angry.

"Then perhaps you will talk, if I do away with your precious student." he said maliciously.

He began to approach me. I tried to get away, but the rubble on top of me prevented my escape.

"Wait!" Swiftblade called out. "I'll talk, just don't hurt the boy."

"Thats more like it", the man said in a pleased voice.

"So where is the Hero of Time" he asked again. Swiftblade was now breathing very hard. "He is me. I'm the Hero of Time." he said.

"Good." the man said. He then thrust my sword into Swiftblade's chest, killing him. With his last breath, Swiftblade told me to run. I was finally able to break free from the rubble, and without a moments pause, I bolted through the hole in the wall. The masked man started to pursue me, as he said, "You cannot escape, boy." I was truly scared. Tears ran through my eyes as I ran, but as I ran through town, I noticed the horrible truth. Everyone who was outside was lying on the ground, dead, no doubt murdered by the same man who was pursuing me now. I was shocked and scared, but I kept my wits about me. I decided to run for the spring just outside of town. Maybe he wouldn't find me there.

I was wrong, for as soon as I arrived, he grabbed me by the neck.

"Now that the Hero of Time is dead, I can't have you around to avenge him." he told me. As his grip got tighter, I felt a strange power in the air around me. The water and rocks in the spring began to glow. Then a large, glowing, golden sphere rose out of the water, followed by a golden serpent. The serpent lunged at the man, forcing him to drop me. The serpents's jaws were locked around the man's body, and then it threw him back. As he got to his feet, he looked as though he had just realized something. Then he told me, "You haven't seen the last of me, kid." Then he threw a device to the ground and vanished in a puff of smoke.

I then looked upon the serpent, which proceeded to wrap itself around the golden sphere, and was now looking upon me as well. As I looked upon it, I felt a strange power inside me that moment, that I knew all too well. It was my aura-reading power I've had since I was young. This power let me read the emotions and sometimes thoughts of other people. Because of this, many people were afraid of me, and thus, no one wanted to be my friend. Only my mentor, Swiftblade, was able to see this power as a gift, and not something to be feared. But now he was gone, and I didn't know what to do.

The serpents eyes started to glow, as did mine. Then the serpent spoke to me.

"Do not fear. That man is gone now. He cannot harm you now." It said in a mystifying voice.

"Who are you?! What are you?!" I asked " The serpent spoke again. "My name is Lanayru. I am one of the Light Spirits who protect this world at the behest of the gods, and I have been awaiting your arrival, young Link."

"Light Spirit? I thought those were just a legend." I told the spirit.

"Yes, a legend, and a true one. I have appeared before you to reveal your destiny, for you have been chosen by the gods." Lanayru said to me. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. Then I thought, it couldn't be true.

" I think you have the wrong person. I've never been chosen for anything." I told him.

The spirit was not phased.

"This is different, for you have special powers that very few wield. You are a chosen one. You are the Hero of Time!" Lanayru proclaimed.

With those words, I remembered something.

"Hero of Time? Wait...thats who that man was looking for. But I thought Swiftblade was the Hero of Time." I said to the spirit.

"Swiftblade tricked the evil one into thinking that he was the Hero of TIme, and in turn sacrificed himself so that you could live. That evil man had searched countless places for the Hero, in the attempt to kill him before he could realize his destiny. He intends to conquer this world, but you have the power to stop him!" The spirit told me.

I wasn't sure if I believed him, so I asked, "How can I find this power?"

"It already sleeps within you, and I can help you awaken it" Lanayru responded.

Then Lanayru started to coil around me, and I was enveloped in a warm light. When the light faded, my outfit had changed. I was wearing a green tunic with a floppy green hat. I also had a new sword and a shield on my back.

"The garb you wear once belonged to the original Hero of Time, many years ago. His power is yours, his is the true power that slept within you.....along with another." Lanayru told me. "Another?" I asked. Lanayru simply replied, "You will discover this other power some other time." I was kind of disappointed, but had no choice to accept it.

"Now then, Hero of Time, I have a request for you. Lanayru said. Then he opened his mouth, and two rings slid off his fangs. I caught them when they fell.

"These are sacred rings that are only to be worn by the chosen ones. One is for you, but the other belongs to the other chosen one." Lanayru told me.

"There are two chosen ones?" I asked.

Lanayru nodded.

"You will find this other in the western lands. Deliver to that one the other ring." Lanayru told me.

"How will I know when I've found this idividual?" I asked.

Lanayru simply answered, "When the time comes, you will know. But if you are unsure, simply look to the stars and the answer will come to you." Then in a great burst of light, he vanished.

I knew I had to do what he told me, so I sild one ring onto my finger, the other ring into my pocket, and then I made the preparations for my journey westward, not knowing that I would not only find new adventures, but new friends as well.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Chapter Two: The Offworlder

Three weeks later, I had traveled far, and had arrived at a large coastal city. It was night-time, and I was pretty tired. I had been through a lot, and was glad to come upon civilization again. But I still had a mission to complete, to deliver the spirit's ring to the other chosen one. I wasn't sure what to do, so I decided to gaze up at the night sky. That was Lanayru's advice, but I still wasn't sure what it meant. I had gazed up at the stars many times before, but so far, nothing has come to me. However, something was different this time. Shining in the night sky was an emerald green star. It was unusual as it was beautiful.

As I walked toward the center of the city, the star seemed to glow brighter. I knew that somehow, this star would guide me to who I seek. But as I wondered, The star was getting bigger. Then I realized it. It was a meteor! I quickly ran for cover as the meteor struck the ground in a blinding green light. As the glow subsided, I looked at the crater it made. As I started to approach it, a figure rose out of it. It was a person, a girl to be precise. She looked about my age, but had golden skin, red hair, and glowing green eyes, which looked very similar to how my eyes glow when I use my powers. As I gazed at her, I came to a realization that this girl has to be the other chosen one! So I decided to try and talk with her. As a crowd gathered around her she spoke in a language I had never heard before. Then after someone startled her with a camera flash, she started slamming her hand-cuffed arms into any hard surface, including the support beam for the nearby pizza resturant.

She was obviously strong, and I didn't want her to hurt me, and I couldn't understand her language, so I decided to try my aura powers to communicate telepathically. I was cautious as I approached her, as I didn't fully understand how my powers worked yet. But I neednt have worried, because after concentrating, my powers activated. As she stood before me, our eyes met, both glowing, and I could tell she was just as cautious as I was.
"Hello there, my name is Link, who are you?", I asked her telepathically. At first her thoughts were silent, but then she asked me, "How are you speaking to me this way?"
I told her, "I'm using my special powers to communicate with you thought to thought, so we can understand each other." Then I noticed her hand-cuffed arms. "What are those on your arms?" I asked her. Once again she was silent, then she replied, "I need to get them off, now." I felt sorry for her, then I offered my assistance. "I can help yopu get them off." I told her.

But before I could even try, a sharp projectile cut us off. I looked in the direction of it came from and found its thrower. A spikey-haired boy in red and green with a cape. "Who are you?!" he yelled at the girl, who then lunged at him. I tried to stop them, but they didn't listen. After they had knocked each other back, she lunged at him again, but to my suprise a green goat knocked her away. The goat then changed into a green boy. "Ex-Doom Patrol member Beast Boy reporting for duty sir...." he started to say to the caped boy, but then said, "Hey! You're Robin, aren't you, sir! Anything I can do for you, sir!"
Robin seemd annoyed by the comment. "Well, you can start by not calling me sir, got it?" he said. Beast Boy looked honored. He saluted as he said, "Yes sir, its an honor to meet you sir, its..." Beast Boy began to say, but was cut off. "Beast Boy, was it?" Robin asked. Beast Boy nodded, and then Robin pointed behind Beast Boy.

As it turns out the alien girl wasn't just strong, she was really strong, because she kicked a bus toward us. I tried to get them out of the way, but they bolted before I could do so. Now I was in the bus' way. But before it could hit me, a large guy in a hooded jacket caught the bus in his bare hands!
"Yo, who's been messing up my neighborhood?!" he asked. Beast Boy pointed at the alien girl and said, "She started it." That kind of annoyed me, as everything was going fine until Robin showed up. "Actually, you guys...." I started to say, but was interuppted by the alien girl, who had just gotten the front part of her hand-cuffs off, and her hands were exposed. She aimed them at us. They started to glow, and to my suprise, spheres of light shot out from her hands. The others ran, but I was too shocked by her ability, and took one right in the gut. The pain was unbearable, and I wasn't sure if I could move after a hit like that. I had to react fast, because another one was headed straight towards me! I wasn't sure if I could move so I just tried to block it with my hand. I expected great pain, but instead, to my suprise, my hand caught it! As I gazed at the energy bolt, it started to glow even brighter, then it rose into the air in front of me, and another energy bolt came out of my hand, but this one was blue. The two energy bolts circled each other, and then fused. To my suprise, they had become a glowing blue and green orb. I wasn't sure what it was or what to do with it, so I just took it and put it away in my pack.

Then the guy in the jacket picked me up and took me behind an overturned bus. "Girl is gonna wreck the whole city!" he said. "I won't let her. I won't lose this fight!" Robin said. Okay, now I was really annoyed. "Wait, before you start...." I started to say, but as usuasl, no one listened, because they got up and started to lunge at her.
Then suddenly, a wall of dark aura blocked them. Then a pale girl in a blue robe appeared. "Maybe, fighting isn't the answer." She suggested. Finally someone was listening. As she lowered the wall , I started walking toward the allien girl, who was on her knees, exhausted. "Now, would you please let me continue what I started?!" I asked them. It didn't seem like they were going to listen, but then Robin told them, "Stand down!"
The guy in the jacket was annoyed. "What?! You think you're the boss around here?!" he asked rudely. "Let him try...whatever he's going to do." Robin told the others. "Thank you," I said to Robin.

I approached the alien girl, but she jumped back, hands glowing and about to attack. Once again I used my aura powers. "Its okay. Its me, Link. I was talking to you before, remember?" I told her telepathically. She didn't seem to trust me, because she said, "Get back! Get back, or you'll be destroyed!" she told me in thought. "Please, let me help you. I don't want to fight you. I could be your friend." I told her. She just growled at me. I started to grow depressed, so I told her, "Well....I guess I can't blame you. Nobody has ever wanted to be friends with me." I told her, truthfully. This comment seemed to have gotten through to her, because she had a suprised look on her face, and her eyes stopped glowing, and so did her hands as she lowered them. "You've.....had no friends.....ever?!" she asked me. I just nodded. She calmed down, and told me, "Well, I guess I can allow you to help me, for now."

With hope in my heart, I took a look at her hand-cuffs, than started to pull the support wires. It fell off of her arms and landed on the ground with a heavy thud. "Thank you." she told me.
"There. Your free. What are you going to do now?" I asked. To my suprise, she grabbed the back of my head and kissed me! Then she pushed me back, and I feel to the ground. Then she spoke in english! Not telepathically, but in words! "If you wish not to be destroyed, you will leave me alone!" she demanded. Then she flew off, literally. I just sat there, confused. What did she mean by "if I wish not to be destroyed"? After what I did, I really don't think she would destroy me. It must have meant something else. But even so, I still knew I had to help her.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Chapter Three: The Gordanians

The five of us simply stood there, observing the damage that was caused by the fight. "Well, whoever she was, the girl knows how to make an impression." the jacketed guy said. "I think we made a pretty good impression. Crazy space girl's gone, the city is safe, and we're all okay!" Beast Boy said, "Right sir!?" he said to Robin.

"Seriously, stop calling me sir." Robin demanded. Beast Boy saluted and said, "Roger!"
I was still confused by what happened, but I pulled myself together, and started heading in the direction the alien girl flew off to, and it would seem Robin was headed that direction too. "Your still going after her?" the robed girl asked. Robin turned and said, "I need to know if she's a threat." Afterwards I said to him, "She isn't a threat. She's scared, and I'm going to help her." The guy in the jacket muttered, "More like find out if she'll give him another kiss."
Hearing that comment, my face turned red. I still had no idea why she did what she did. Perhaps as thanks. Regardless, I didn't have time to ponder that.

"Maybe you could use a partner!?" Beast Boy asked Robin. I kind of considered it, but before I could say anything Robin told him, "Sorry, I just went solo, I'm not thinking of joining a team."
"Need a sidekick?" Beast Boy offered. Robin just ignored him and walked off, but I was thinking that I could use all the help I could get. I tried to get his attention, but he instead turned to the others and asked, "Hey, you guys want to get some pizza?"
They were silent at first. Then the robed girl said, "I shouldn't," and started walking away. Beast Boy then turned his attention to the guy in the jacket. "So, do you want to hang out with me? Things have gotten pretty dull for me since I quit the Doom Patrol. Do you like video games?" Beast Boy asked him. The guy just stopped, turned around, and pulled down his hood. To my suprise, he was mechanical! Well, half mechanical anyway. "There! Take a good look at me! I had an accident, and now I'm a monster! A Cyborg!" he yelled at Beast Boy. Beast Boy looked kind of impressed. "Cyborg? Cool! You're like Robotman 2.0!" he said to the Cyborg. "You're a wierd little dude aren't you?" he asked Beast Boy. Beast Boy laughed and said, "You called me dude." Cyborg just started to walk away again. "Okay, so I'll see you around, dude! Okay, dude?! Dude?" Beast Boy said to him. At that moment a huge shadow loomed over us. Beast Boy looked up, and shouted, "DUDE!!!!"

A gigantic space ship was traveling over the city. It reaced a small island out by the coast, and a huge tower fell from it.
"Looks like space girl has friends!" Cyborg said. But I could sense it. The creatures in that ship were not like her. I could feel an evil prescence. "They're enemies." I told them, and so did Robin.
At that moment a huge holographic projector came up from the top of the tower. An image of a lizard-like being was shown. "People of Earth," it said. "We have come to your world in search of a very dangerous prisoner. Do not interfere, and we will leave your city with only minimal damage. But if you attempt to assist her, your destruction shall be absolute!" Then the hologram disappeared, and hundreds of aliens like the one on the projector flew out of the tower. "Thats a big army." Cyborg said. "And those are some ugly looking aliens!" Beast Boy said.

"They told us not to interfere." the robed girl said. At this moment, I didn't care what those aliens said, I wasn't going to turn my back on someone in need. Once again I headed in the direction she flew off. It would seem Robin had the same idea, because he was headed that way too. "You're still going after her, aren't you?" she asked us.
I nodded. "Looks like you could use some help!" Beast Boy said. I replied, "I could use all the help I can get," and Robin replied, "I suppose I could team up just this once." So we all decided to head in the same direction, everyone except the robed girl. Robin asked her, "Are you coming?"

She seemed unsure. "I'm not the hero type. Trust me, if you knew what I really was, you wouldn't want me around." she told him. Robin simply said, "I know enough." The girl smiled, and then decided to come with us.
On the way I decided to converse by saying, "I've learned most of your names, so I'll introduce myself. My name is Link."
"Nice to meet you." the robed girl said. Then I realized I was forgetting something. "I didn't catch your name." I told the robed girl. "Raven." she answered.

We came upon an alleyway when Robin said, "Okay, is there any way we can track her?" he asked us. Raven replied, "Shes close." We all stared at her, suprised. She looked kind of embarassed. "I can sense things." she told us. Then Beast Boy got an idea. "I'll see if I can pick up her scent." he said, changing into a dog after he said it. Then Cyborg said, "There's a sonic analyzer built into my arm. If shes close, we'll know it." Beast Boy changed back to normal. "I got her scent!" he said. Cyborg's arm started making thumping sounds. "And I can hear her heartbeat." he said.

When we approaced where the signals were coming from, we came upon a video store that had a hole carved out of the wall. She was inside, eating the snack foods.
"Um, those taste better without the wrappers." Beast Boy said to her. She turned around, ready to attack. We backed away slowly, than I said, "Easy. We're friends, remember?"
"Friends?" she asked. "Why?! For what purpose did you free me?" she asked demandingly. I couldn't go and tell her that its because she's a chosen one, so instead I said, "I was...just....trying to be nice."

She looked confused. "Nice? We do not have this word on my planet. Closest is rutha. Weak." she told us. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. I was about to tell her that nice and weak are no where near similar, but Cyborg cut me off by saying, "Well, around here, nice means nice! And if you want us to keep being nice, you'll tell us why the lizard king has taken you prisoner!"

She calmed down, and said, "Not prisoner. I am, prize. The Gordanians capture me, and deliver me to the Citadel, where I am to live out my days as they're servent." Raven asked, "And the Citadel are....?"
"Not nice." the alien girl replied. Once again, I couldn't believe what I was hearing, she was basically saying that she was a slave. The thought of that made me angry. "Then your not going with them. Not if I have anyhting to say about it." I told her. "That goes double for me." Robin said.
"Um...don't you mean we?" Beast Boy asked.

At that moment a big explosion occured, and 10 of those Gordanians appeared. "Give us the girl!" they demanded. Now I was ready to fight. We all had the same idea, as we prepared to attack. I unsheathed my sword and lunged toward them. They had tough skin though, as my sword did little damage. I neednt worry though because the others had my back. I decided to try something. I focused my aura into my blade, and then slashed the foe. It knocked him back at leat 10 feet. The others were faring just as well, Robin was attacking them with a bo-staff, Beast Boy went T-rex on them, Cyborg was fighting with his fists, Raven was using her dark aura to fling inanimate objects at them, and the alien girl was shooting her light beams at them. Then one of the Gordanians knocked her to the ground, and was about to attack her, but I stepped in and used one the techniques my mentor had taught me, called the spin attack, to fend him off. She looked at me, and smiled. As the battle went on, the Gordanians knew they had to retreat. As they flew off, I noticed that Cyborg's jacket was ripped to shreds. "Aw man, they ruined my jacket." he said. "So what. you look way cooler without it!" Beast Boy told him. But that didn't seem to cheer him up, cause he just said, "Yeah, like I'm going to take fashion advice from the guy in the goofy mask." Beast Boy was kind of hurt by that. "Goofy? My mask is cool, isn't it? Raven? Link?" he asked us. Raven and I both shook our heads. "But, what about my secret identity?" he asked. Raven replied, "What secret identity? You're green!"
Beast Boy tried to argue, but enventually got the point and took the mask off.

Robin and I both knew we were still in danger. "This isn't over. Now that we've interfered..." Robin started, then the alien girl said, "Trogaar will strike harder. It is only a matter of time before..." she started, by was interrupted as the hologram on the tower appeared again. Trogar spoke. "Fools! The Earth scum were warned. Now you shall pay the price! Your city shall be destroyed!" he said. The hologram then disappeared, and the space ship over the tower, extended a huge laser weapon, and it was targeting the city! We all saw it, and Raven said, "Well, that can't be good." We had to find a way to stop it, and fast

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Chapter Four: Friendship

The giant Gordanian ship was primed and ready to fire its laser at the city. Beast Boy freaked out. "So, first they wrecked the city, and now we've managed to make a giant space gecko mad enough to blow up the whole city!?" "Go team." Cyborg said sarcastically. The alien girl was mad, and she turned toward me and said, "All of the fault is yours! I commanded you leave me alone but you insisted on the 'being nice'!" That kind of ticked me off. "My fault?! I was only trying to help you, and what do you do?! You blast me, and then kiss me for some strange reason, but you don't have the time to mention that they have a gigantic laser on their ship!" I yelled at her. We continued to argue, and pretty soon, the others joined in too. All except for Raven, who really couldn't stand it. "QUIET!!!" she yelled at us. With that, we all stopped argueing. I guess the alien girl was right, this was really all my fault. "It doesn't matter how any of us got into this, we're in, and we're going to do something about it." Robin said, afterwards putting his hand out. I agreed with him, so I also put my hand out, followed by the alien girl, then the others.

It was agreed, so Raven used her powers and took us up to the alien spacecraft. When we arrived, Beast Boy claimed that Raven's dark powers gave him the creeps, but he stopped short, and instead said that it was cool. However, Raven didn't seem to buy it. As I crept through the ship's hallway, the alien girl said, "I bring you...a-pol-o-gy." To tell you the truth, I was going to apologize first, but she beat me to it. "It's okay. I shouldn't have yelled either. But really, I'm the one who should be apologizing, cause I sort of got you into this mess." I told her. "But you were..nice, and tried to help. On my homeworld, only my knorf'ka has shown me such kindness." she told me. "Well, I'm guessing things are different here." I said. We looked at each other, and we both blushed, but at that time I was not sure why. Beast Boy interuppted, "Um, guys. I think they know we're here!" He was right, several Gordanians had spotted us, and were coming toward us. We engaged in battle.

Meanwhile, in the command central of the ship, Lord Trogaar was beginning the firing sequence. "The Earth scum shall soon learn, it takes more than six juvenile heroes to defeat the mighty Lord Trogaar!" he said proudly. However as the firing sequence was beginning, we busted through the doors into the command central, and Robin exclaimed, "We're not six heroes, we're one team!"
The Gordanians lunged at us, and we started to pick them off one by one. We were doing well, until Trogaar himself entered the fray. He decided to go after me, I tried to slash him with my sword, but his armor was tougher than the other Gordanians. He picked me up, and threw me toward the wall. The alien girl had noticed, and she tried to step in to help, but, unfortunately Trogaar proved to even be a match for her. It was then that Raven was getting annoyed. "Get away from my friends!" she told Trogaar. Then she chanted, "Azarath, Metrion, Zinthos!!!" which caused the command central to explode in a burst of dark aura. The ship fell into the bay. But even that wasn't enough to stop Trogaar, who had approached a now weakend Raven with his claws outstretched. But just as he was going to attack, a blue beam hit him from behind. It was fired by Cyborg, who had managed to convert his mechanical arm into a cannon. "Okay, I'm only going to say this once." Cyborg said. "Boo-yah."

Later, on the island where the Gordanians had dropped that tower, I stood there with Robin, Cyborg, Raven, and Beast Boy. I didn't know where the alien girl went, just that she said she'd be right back. "It sure is beautiful out here." Robin said. "Someone ought-to build a house out here." Cyborg replied. "Yeah, if you like sunshine, and the beach." Beast Boy said sarcastically to Raven. Raven giggled lightly and then told Beast Boy, "You know, you're kind of funny." Beast Boy was pleased by that. "You think I'm funny!? Oh, dude, I know some jokes." he said. But with that Raven looked nervous.

After a little while, the alien girl returned, but she was wearing different clothes. She was now dressed in a purple tank top and skirt. Then she asked us, "Please..I look...nice?" I wanted to say she looked amazing, but instead I just told her, "Yes." Then I asked her, "I still don't know you're name." She then told us, "In your language it would be Star-Fire." I liked her name, and then I said, "Welcome to Earth, Starfire." She then proceeded to say, "I thank you all for your bravery in my rescue, and wish to ask permission to remain here, where the people are most strange," she then looked at me,"but also most kind." As we looked at each other, the two of us blushed again, though I still did not know why. "You don't need our permission." Raven said. "But if you want our friendship, you've got it." Robin said. Cyborg then said, "I guess we could all use some new friends." Beast Boy agreed, saying, "Besides, we kind of make a good team."

"I figured we might want to stay in touch, so Cyborg and I designed these." Robin said, handing us these yellow communicators. "I made them out of my own curcuits." Cyborg said. Then Robin said, "When there's trouble, you know who to call."

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Chapter Five: Link's Farewell

I was so happy that I finally had friends. But I couldn't forget my mission. I needed to give Starfire Lanayru's ring. So I asked her, "Um, Starfire, could I talk to you for a minute?" Starfire looked confused. "Why talk to me for only a minute, why not longer?" she asked me. So I decided to just ask, "Can we just talk..." I then pointed to the tower, "over there?" She smiled and said, "Of course." So we went over to the tower, and I told her, "I have something to give to you." She looked confused but happy at the same time. "You have a gift for me, but why ever for?" She asked me. I wasn't sure if I should tell her its because shes a chosen one, so instead I told her, "For being my very first friend." At that time I pulled out the ring. Starfire looked upon it and said, "Link...I don't know what I should say. But perhaps...'Thank you'?" She said as she took the ring from my hand. "Yeah, that'll do." I told her.

As I looked at her, I felt this feeling inside of me, but at that time, I was unsure of what it was. But I had no time to ponder about it, because at that time Lanayru spoke to me telepathically. "Link," he said, "you have done well. Now that you have delivered the ring, the time has come for you to return to my spring, for I have another request of you." I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "But...my friends...I don't want to leave... not yet." I told him telepathically. "Do not worry, you will see them again. But this cannot wait. Say you're farewells, and return to my spring." he told me. I had no choice, I had to accept. "I understand." I told him.

Afterwards, I approached my friends. "Um, everyone. The time has come for me to go." I told them. They were all shocked, Starfire most of all. "Why must you leave, why do you not stay?" she asked. "Yeah, why do you have to go?" Beast Boy asked. "I have stuff to take care of elsewhere. Stuff I can't ignore." I told them. "We understand, but will we see you again?" Robin asked. As I thought, I looked at Starfire, who had a sad look on her face. "Yes, you will definitely see me again. I promise." I said with certainty. Starfire's face lit up as I said that. "Well, its not like we won't be able to keep in touch. We did give you a communicator right?" Cyborg asked me. "Yeah, I got one of those." I answered. "Then we will be able to speak every day!" Starfire said jubilently. She then gave me a big hug saying, "Farwell friend, I hope to see you again soon!" Her hug was strong, and nice. For a reason I did not know, my heart was pounding as she hugged me.

Afterwards, she flew me across the bay, we said our final good-byes, and I headed back eastward to Lanayru's spring. But I knew that someday, I would return to see my new friends. Especially Starfire, whom I would never forget.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Chapter Six: The Orb of Light

I took one last look at the city where I had met my first ever friends, and then set off in the direction from where I came. I was still thinking of Starfire. I knew she was a great person, but I didn't know why I couldn't stop thinking about her. After a few hours of travel, I approached a small casm. It was wide, but not wide enough that I couldn't jump it, so I stepped back to jump. However I didn 't notice a loose root right in front of me, and ended up tripping, and falling into the casm. When I crashed to the bottom, I noticed that the communicator that Robin had given me had fell out in front of me. When I looked at it, I realized something terrible. My communicator was broken! "No!!!" I gasped. I picked it up and tried to contact my friends. "Hello....hello?! This is Link. Can anyone hear me?! Hello? HELLO?!" I desperately said into the communicator, but to no avail.

My communicator was broken, I had to go back! But as I climbed out of the ditch and prepared to head back, the voice of Lanayru spoke within my head. "Link, you cannot turn back now." he said. "My communicator isn't working anymore, I need to go back and get it fixed, now!" I told him. Lanayru spoke firm but gently. "No. You cannot go back now. It is not time yet. You need to retrun to me, as I have much to tell you."
"But..." I started, but Lanayru cut me off. "I promise, you will see your friends again one day, but now is not the time." He told me. I hesitated for a moment, but then, with tears in my eyes, I told him, "I understand. I'll return to your spring." Then, with great depression, I continued to head back east.
After a few days, I finally returned to Lanayru's Spring. The great light spirit appeared before me, and he began to speak. "Link," he said, "You have done well. You have shown me that you are indeed worthy of the title 'Hero of Time'."
"Yes. I delivered the ring to Starfire as you told me." I said to him. "I know. But more importantly, you have aquired an Orb of Light." he informed me. "Orb of Light?" I asked. Then I pulled out the jewel that formed when I caught one of Starfire's energy bolts, and held it up to Lanayru. "You mean this?" I asked him.
"Yes. The Orb of Light is a sacred jewel that is formed when the auras of two beings are fused together. It has been hundreds of years since one has been made. It proves that the one you met is a chosen one." He told me. Then I asked him, "How could Starfire be a chosen one? She isn't even from Earth. How could you have known? Did you know she was coming?"

Lanayru then told me, "I did indeed know she was from another world and was coming to this world. However, the now is not the time to reveal all of the details of that story. For now, I have another request for you."
"I'm listening." I told him. Lanayru then said, "You must travel to the other three corners of the world and meet the other three light spirits, for they have crucial information for you." I was shocked. "What!? But...but..why can't you just tell me this information?" I asked him. "It is not only the knowledge you need to gather, but also the experience. By traveling around the world, you shall grow stronger, in both body and mind." he told me. I looked down in depression. "Link," Lanayru said, "I know you miss your new friends. But if you really value their friendship, you will nreturn to them once your training is complete."
"I understand....but..." I began. "But what, Link?" I looked up at him again. "I just wish I could stop thinking of her. Starfire. I can't seem to get her out of my mind, and I don't know why." I told him. Lanayru seemed to know what was going on, even though I didn't. "Link. Have you never heard of love. " he asked me. "Love?" I wondered. "My master told me that it is what we fight for, but I never really understood that."
"Link. Love is an emotion that comes from the heart. Its most common form is the love shared between a boy and a girl." he told me. I looked confused, so Lanayru elaborated by saying, "You obviously like Starfire as more than just a friend, do you not?" he asked me. I hesitated for a bit, bit then said, "Yes."
"It is nothing to be ashamed of Link. It comes natural to all beings. Embrace that love you feel for her. Let it inspire you to finish your training, so you can return to see her again." he told me. Upon hearing that, I smiled and said, "You're right Lanayru. I should start training, so I can be of greater help to my friends, and so I can return to see the one I love." Lanayru nodded and said, "Start by heading south, to the spring of the light spirit Ordona. Train hard, and keep the Orb of Light with you at all times. It shall surely help you on your journey. Good luck." he then vanished back into his spring.
And so, my journey began.

Over three years, I traveled over many lands, trained with great warriors, and learned much from the spirits of light. Then came the day for me to return to the city where I met my first friends. And as I stood in front of the city, I could only think of the new adventures I would have with my friends. But unknowingly, I would also encounter great evil. The evil that had threatened me over three years ago.

HerosDescendant

Link/Starfire.
Chapter Seven: The Return of Link

The first thing I noticed when I arrived back in the city was the giant "T"-shaped tower on the island where I once stood with my friends. That tower was no doubt where they lived, but I had a dilema. "How am I going to get across the bay?" I wondered to myself. I noticed there was a boat rental service nearby, so I went in to rent a boat. The guy behind the counter asked me, "Can I help you?" So I asked him, "How much is it to rent a boat?"
"Fifty bucks." he said. It seemed a bit steep to just get to my friend's tower, but I didn't see any alternatives, so I took fifty dollars out of my wallet and handed it to the boat renter.
When I saw the boat, I almost laughed. The boat I used to get back to America from the far east was much better looking than what I saw, but I kept my comments to myself. "So, where ya headed to?" the boat renter asked. "There." I told him as I pointed to the tower. "Got some business with the Teen Titans?" he asked me. "Pardon? Who are the Teen Titans?" I asked him back. He looked at me strangely, and then said, "The heroes who live in that tower."
"Um...is one of them named Starfire?" I asked him. "Yeah." he replied, "Why?" he asked.
"She's my best friend." I told him. He looked at me like I was kidding. "Sure she is..." he said in a sarcastic voice.

As I set out in the boat, I wondered how my friends would greet me. Then I wondered, if they even remembered me. As my boat touched shore, I was a little nervous. I hadn't seen my friends in three years, so it was understandable. I rang the doorbell on the tower. A few seconds passed, and then a very familiar voice answered. "Welcome to Titan's Tower. This is Starfire, is there something we can...do...for...." Starfire started, but then stopped suddenly. Then the door thrust open, and Starfire was in the doorway. Apparently she saw me on the screen that projected the outside of the tower. She stared at me for a few seconds. "Link?......Is that you?!" she asked, unsure of herself. I simply replied, "Hi Starfire. Good to see you again." With those words, Starfire thrust herself toward me and gave me an enourmously painful hug. "You must be making a joke. It is GREAT to see you again!!! I thought you were...." she began, but then ceased hugging me and then stepped back. "Thought I was what?" I asked her. She looked a little ashamed of herself as she said. "Well, you never answered your communicator, and you were gone for so long that...I thought you were....gone. Forever. I am sorry."
"Starfire, the reason I didn't answer was because my communicator broke, and the light spirit wouldn't let me go back to get it fixed all those years ago. I'm the one who should be saying sorry." I told her. "Oh." Starfire replied. "Well, enough about that. Please, come in! The others will be overjoyed to see you!" she told me, then grabbed my arm and lead me inside. It was very nice inside, and I was soon lead to the kitchen, where my other friends were having lunch. Robin looked at me strangley. "Starfire? Who is that?" Both I and Starfire had confused looks on our faces at the sound of that question. "Robin, do you not remember. This is Link." she told him. Then the others looked at us strangely. "Who?" Beast Boy asked. "Link. Our friend. From three years ago. Remember?" she asked them. They all shook their heads. "I had a feeling this would happen. No one remembers me. Maybe I should go." I said. As I started to walk back to the door, Starfire grabbed my arm and dragged me back to the kitchen table. "No!!! You cannot go! You must stay, and be part of our team again!" she told me.
"Again?" Robin asked her, "Starfire, we've never met this guy." he told her. Now Starfire looked mad. "Yes we have!!! We met him three years ago! Back when we all first met!" she told him. Raven then interrupted. "Now that you mention that, I do remember him. Or someone who looked like him anyway." she said to Robin and Starfire. "We gave him a communicator, but it broke, so he has been unable to contact us." she said. Cyborg then stood up and said, "Really? Well lets see this communicator." he asked me. I pulled out my broken communicator and showed it to Cyborg. He evaluated it and then said, "This is the earliest design I made. Its the real deal. That proves it. He was definitely with us back then." Cyborg told the others. Robin then said, "Well, if Starfire remembers you, and Cyborg says that communicator is legit, thats good enough for me." Then he held out his hand. As I shook it he said, "Welcome back, um, Link."

Starfire jumped for joy and then said, "Glorious! Now that your back on the team, Link, would you like to do the 'hanging out' with me, to make up for the lost times?" I smiled and said, "I would love to!" But for some strange reason, Robin took Starfire's hand and told me, "Uhhh...yeah, sorry Link, but Starfire and I are booked for the entire..um...month." Starfire looked confused. Then she said, "But Robin we are not..." she started but then Robin cut her off and said, "booked" to me again. "But..." I and Starfire started to reply. But then Robin yelled "BOOKED!!!" in my face, then walked away with Starfire. I wasn't sure what had just happened, so I just stood there, confused.

Several hours later, I was still standing there. Beast Boy and Cyborg were playing their Gamestation. Then Raven walked in and noticed me standing there. "Um..Beast Boy, how long has Link been standing there?" she asked him. "About five hours." he replied without looking away from the game screen. Raven then approached me and asked, "Uh, Link? Are you okay?" With that question, I snapped out of my confusion. "Huh? What happened?" I asked her. "Robin yelled in your face, and then you sort of zoned out." she told me. I then remembered. "Oh yeah, Starfire wanted to hang out with me, and when I said yes, Robin yelled at me. Wierd huh?" I said. "Yeah." Raven answered. "So um, Link. Why did you decide to come back now?" she asked me. "Well, I was on this training journey around the world, and I had been gone long enough, so I wanted to come back here to see all of my friends." I told her. Raven then asked me, "You could've just trained with us. Why go around the world to train?"
Then I told her, "Because I needed to meet with the light spirits and learn from them." With that, Raven looked suprised. "You've met the light spirits?!" she asked me. "Yes. Why? Do you know about them?" I asked her. She then told me, "I've read about them in one of my books."
"Really? Could you show it to me sometime?" I asked her. She looked at me and said, "Sure. Maybe tomorrow. Well, its getting late, see you later." I waved and said, "Yeah, see ya."

Then it suddenly hit me. "Wait! Where am I gonna sleep?!"
Beast Boy then said, "You can bunk in my room for a while. At least until you get your own."
He then led me to his room. It was really messy, with clothes strewn about almost everywhere. "Sorry about the mess." he said. "Thats okay. Its only temporary. Thanks for letting me sleep here." I told him. "No problem." he said. The room had a bunk bed. Beast Boy took the top, and I took the bottom. "Dude, you are so gonna love it here in the tower! Its great to have you back...even though I barely remember you." he told me. "Um...thanks." I told him. One thing was for sure, I was sure glad I was back. But what I really wanted to do was hang with Starfire. Well, maybe I would get my chance tomorrow. I could only hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom