• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Tips that will help in the long run

Necluda // Caly

Home of the Dueling Peaks.
1. When parrying a Guardian's laser, don't listen for the beep before it shoots if you are far away. Instead, look at the missile and parry when its close to at least 2 centimeters away on the game screen.
2. Shooting any guardian in its eye will temporarily stun it. Use this to your advantage in Hyrule Castle.
3. If you want to catch a horse using a horse, you can call the tamed one (while not riding the untamed one) and mount the untamed one. This will make you have a horse following you and an unregistered horse ready to be yours.
4. If you throw Hylian Shrooms into any water bodies with fish lurking in them, you can attract Hylian Bass. This occurs with all fish. Hearty Bass come out with Hearty Mushrooms, etc.
5. You can retrieve clothing that you have come across already from a mechant in Tarry Town who sits upon a house with a small triangular prism in front of him.
6. Destroying a Guardian's legs will give you more materials and make the Guardian more defenseless. This also stuns the guardian.
7. (provided by @MW7 )
The two things I have done on subsequent playthroughs that made things easier was to get more stamina wheels earlier and get Revali's Gale before trying to get every tower and explore each region..

Last edited:

MW7

Number 2 on your list was a huge realization for me halfway through my playthrough. I went from avoiding guardians and the area around Hyrule Castle to hunting down guardians to harvest materials. Number 6 helped with that as well. I never quite got the hang of number 1 on your list but will keep trying. Everything else on the list is good to know as well.

The two things I have done on subsequent playthroughs that made things easier was to get more stamina wheels earlier and get Revali's Gale before trying to get every tower and explore each region. I literally got every tower before Revali's Gale on my first playthrough and could have saved hours (it was a challenging experience, but I'm happy with only doing it once).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom