• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD Tips and tricks

Skyward Sword HD

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Do you have any tips or tricks for SS? Especially with the motion controls or button controls things can be a bit tricky. Or just tips and tricks related to the gameplay in general, post them! We like to know :D

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
One thing I always used to do in the Wii version was use my sword to smack away and rebound projectiles instead of the shield. Preserves durability for when I need it (assuming I'm even using a shield to begin with) and it just feels cooler.
If there's one thing I learned in the Wii version it's how important shields are. I always forgot that I had one, and I died several times because of it. I didn't even know at they could break, I made it to the end of the game to fight the final boss and my shield broke (resulting in my death). I also recommend not forgetting you can stab. It's absolutely essential in the Lanayru Mining Facility and I spent a lot of time swinging my sword wildly and dying trying to get through there.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
If there's one thing I learned in the Wii version it's how important shields are. I always forgot that I had one, and I died several times because of it. I didn't even know at they could break, I made it to the end of the game to fight the final boss and my shield broke (resulting in my death). I also recommend not forgetting you can stab. It's absolutely essential in the Lanayru Mining Facility and I spent a lot of time swinging my sword wildly and dying trying to get through there.
I also forgot that I had a shield when I first played it. It was when I fought that cool skeleton pirate for the sec time I found out that I could use a shield and that I even had one!!!

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I don't know if this is unknown or people already know it. But I just activated the statue after getting the stone by finishing the silent realm on Skyloft. Before I go to the dungeon I want to finish some sidequests. Like getting all gratitude crystals and upgrading items to the max. One quest I always like is cleaning Pipit's house. Now I discovered this: after I clean the house I don't leave but sleep till morning and what do I discover each time I wake up? A DIRTY HOUSE AGAIN. So I talk to the mom, clean the house, get my reward and immidiatly go to the bed and sleep till morning and yep....house is dirty again. I'm doing this for the 7th time in a row now. It's easy rupees. Anybody else noticed this? Or can you clean her house everyday after getting to a certain part in the game?

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I don't know if this is unknown or people already know it. But I just activated the statue after getting the stone by finishing the silent realm on Skyloft. Before I go to the dungeon I want to finish some sidequests. Like getting all gratitude crystals and upgrading items to the max. One quest I always like is cleaning Pipit's house. Now I discovered this: after I clean the house I don't leave but sleep till morning and what do I discover each time I wake up? A DIRTY HOUSE AGAIN. So I talk to the mom, clean the house, get my reward and immidiatly go to the bed and sleep till morning and yep....house is dirty again. I'm doing this for the 7th time in a row now. It's easy rupees. Anybody else noticed this? Or can you clean her house everyday after getting to a certain part in the game?
How much does the mum make?!?!

Mikey the Moblin

sushi is a suspicious hello
It's a really slow way to make rupees

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Thrill digger is very good if you know exactly how to play it and how to avoid the bombs. Then of course you make very easy a huge amount of money. But for those who don't know how to play that game it can be a huge pain. But that's with most mini games. I never said it was the best way but only another way to make money :P

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
Thrill digger is very good if you know exactly how to play it and how to avoid the bombs. Then of course you make very easy a huge amount of money. But for those who don't know how to play that game it can be a huge pain. But that's with most mini games. I never said it was the best way but only another way to make money :P
I mean, I’d say to hunt goddess cubes and their respective chests, a bunch of them have silver and gold rupees in them. Pretty much all of my money problems when i 100%ed SD a few years ago were solved by that. If you dont want to do that though, selling treasures and bugs to Rupin and Stritch respectively at night can get you a lot more than 20 rupees every few minutes. I mean farm the way you want to but at the rate you’re going you might as well just go cut grass for a while, you’ll get much better results there.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I mean, I’d say to hunt goddess cubes and their respective chests, a bunch of them have silver and gold rupees in them. Pretty much all of my money problems when i 100%ed SD a few years ago were solved by that. If you dont want to do that though, selling treasures and bugs to Rupin and Stritch respectively at night can get you a lot more than 20 rupees every few minutes. I mean farm the way you want to but at the rate you’re going you might as well just go cut grass for a while, you’ll get much better results there.
It's a suggestion. NOT a you-get-the-best-results-when-you-do-this thing. It's a way to collect money. I certainly didn't do this all the time. Only after I already 100%ed it. Certainly a shame the cubes didn't reset because I loved hunting them ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom