• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland?

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
How come I have never heard of this game until now?!?! It looks really...well....silly.

Has anyone played it? How is it?

Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland was only released in Japan, and Europe.
It was never released in the US, because Tingle is not popular in the US.

And yes the game does look silly, I'm guessing that's because Tingle is a silly character.

I hope that answers your question.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
The game is brilliant. I'd rank it up there as one of the best and hardest Zeldas. Thing is though, watching gameplay videos and such doesn't help with this game. You HAVE to try it or else you won't know what it's like. You can buy it for a resonable price from any auction site. Yes, if you buy an English version it will work on your american DS, so buy it :D.

A

Alexei123

I love the game!! It's really hard though. But so much fun! I LOVE Tingle! :D.
I think the game is one of those games you either love or hate though.

Nepolink

Corrupted Idiot
Released in Europe? Than i must look in the shops, i didn't see it anywhere.
I know tingle is silly, but that makes him a crazy funny person after all.

Skull_Kid

Bugaboo!
It was released in Europe but it's not easy to find.
I have it, and I really liked beating this game, it's funny and very laidback

Akiranon

Fallen Knight
Tingle's DS adventure is pretty good. Better than most DS games (think of the Imagine series, etc.), at least. The rupee system was a bit random at times. The fact that you had no clue how much a character wanted made it feel a bit like trial and error. Also, the fact that the tower started draining rupees after a while was pretty annoying. The partners you could hire were interesting though, and the world was pretty big. An overall nice experience.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
Cool thanks for the responses all. Seems like I'll have to be getting this one eventually.

The game is brilliant. I'd rank it up there as one of the best and hardest Zeldas. Thing is though, watching gameplay videos and such doesn't help with this game. You HAVE to try it or else you won't know what it's like. You can buy it for a resonable price from any auction site. Yes, if you buy an English version it will work on your american DS, so buy it :D.

I would not consider it a Zelda game at all. It does not say "Legend of Zelda" anywhere does it? It's merely a spin off series based from one of the characters from the Zelda franchise.

And yes, there are places online where you can order games from across the seas, just google it.

NoRush

Soldier, Royal Family
I would not consider it a Zelda game at all. It does not say "Legend of Zelda" anywhere does it? It's merely a spin off series based from one of the characters from the Zelda franchise.

And yes, there are places online where you can order games from across the seas, just google it.

Having said that, I probably won't buy it. I mean, at least, I will not consider it a Zelda game since it does not say "Legend of Zelda" in the title.

Thanks for pointing that out.

www.zeldainmypocket.com
Having said that, I probably won't buy it. I mean, at least, I will not consider it a Zelda game since it does not say "Legend of Zelda" in the title.

Thanks for pointing that out.

Chrono's not exactly correct. It's actually being considered as part of the Zelda canon by ZeldaWiki.org.

It's really more than a spin-off. here are characters and places found in Zelda games that you visit. And there's even music from past games. It's as much Zelda as Link's Crossbow training is, in a sense. It's simply a different take on the series.

Even if it wasn't a Zelda game, it would still be the best game on the DS, IMO. You can pick it up online for about the same price as a normal DS game. In the end, I enjoyed playing this game more than almost every other Zelda game. I've played through it four times, just because it was that fun. You're really missing out on something special if you don't get the game.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET

No, it doesn't. However it doesn't in Adventure of Link either. It is merely called Zelda 2. So that rules out that argument. It is as much as Zelda as Super Princess Peach is a Mario. Just because it does not feature a Link means people dont consider it a Zelda.

Zarom

The King
No, it doesn't. However it doesn't in Adventure of Link either. It is merely called Zelda 2. So that rules out that argument. It is as much as Zelda as Super Princess Peach is a Mario. Just because it does not feature a Link means people dont consider it a Zelda.

Yeah. I'll have to agree with him. (Maybe it's the first time we're agree on the same thing. I haven't played that game yet, but it looks very fun based on what people says. :D
Anyway, take a look at my signature to see for yourself. :cool:

K

Kele

Tingles rosy rupeeland is best ds game.

I'ts better than Ph or new Smb.
Its worth of buying.
As long you dont expect zelda game,
you enjoy the game.
Many people have disappointed
with this games, because it's not like
zelda.
This game is Called tingles rosy rupeeland, not
The legend of zelda, tingles rosy rupeeland.
I'ts an unique game with fresh idea.
I give this game 10/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom