• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tingle

UsayEldaZay

Designed with you in mind
I have to contradict you there.
I'm gonna quote Uncle Rupee:

"as long as you have rupees with you, you are immortal" or something along those lines.
And no, TRRL was never released in the USA. What you saw was probably some store selling the European version of it.
And Tingle's appearances are:

Majora's Mask(2000)
Oracle of Ages(2001)
Wind Waker(2002)
Minish Cap(2003)
Phantom Hourglass(2007)(Yes, there's a little cameo of a sign showing his face)
Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland(2007)

He was also in The Four Swords Adventure. Whenever you got a huge green rupee he would fly over on his balloon and try to swipe it.

L

LoafDaConvict

They made a sequel to Rosy RupeeLand in Japan!!I'm gonna wait till it comes out in Europe and then import it.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
One of the main questions in this topic is being ignored. What is with the balloon? I've played Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland (amazing game btw) and balloon fight, the balloon is never EVER explained. It just... appears.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
I don't think there is any specific reason for the balloon... Just a design choice that was made. There doesn't have to be a reason behind everything.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
True. Tingle's uncle uses one aswell. The odd thing is, In TRR, he has no balloon, then occassionally in a random boss fight he will. He also uses it for transport. This is obviously his reason for having it, it allows him to get to anywhere he wants.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
I think he was a random character in those game to nothing other than, him trying to be a fairy boy and selling maps to help his dad.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
Something that Ive always wondered about tingle is how in the WW he is in the prison where the pictobox is hidden. He says that he is inocent, but he does have slaves. Also, if you get the figurine for one of his workers it says that he just woke up one day and was forced to work on the island. (im talking about Tingle's slave) combine that with his villanous theft attempts in FSA, and you will realive that Tingle is a lirttle more devious than we thought.

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Something that Ive always wondered about tingle is how in the WW he is in the prison where the pictobox is hidden. He says that he is inocent, but he does have slaves. Also, if you get the figurine for one of his workers it says that he just woke up one day and was forced to work on the island. (im talking about Tingle's slave) combine that with his villanous theft attempts in FSA, and you will realive that Tingle is a lirttle more devious than we thought.

They weren't slaves. Knuckle (blue), and Ankle (purple) are Tingle's brothers. Dave Jr (white) is said in-game "All of us brothers look alike, but the one in white isn't really our brother. What I cant figure out is why he tries to dress up like us though...' -Quote by Knuckle. Therefore, from this we can tell they are all brothers except Dave Jr who just wants to be like them. However, Tingle is a slave, and we can therefore presume the rest of them are, but to Uncle Rupee not to Tingle. It's weird how in this game they are obsessed with kinstones instead of rupees though. Hopefully that'll be explain in the up and coming tingle game :P.

Clucluclu

Time for waffles
They weren't slaves. Knuckle (blue), and Ankle (purple) are Tingle's brothers. Dave Jr (white) is said in-game "All of us brothers look alike, but the one in white isn't really our brother. What I cant figure out is why he tries to dress up like us though...' -Quote by Knuckle. Therefore, from this we can tell they are all brothers except Dave Jr who just wants to be like them.
only David Jr. is a slave and If you look at his Figurine it says that he was looking for the ghost ship and he was somehow washed up on Tingle's Island with the suit. At least I think thats what it said...
Anyways, I think its possible that Knuckle doesn't know why David Jr. Dresses like them because he isn't normally on the Island.(I think.)

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
If you play Freshly Picked Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland it tells you that Tingle is and gives us enough evidence to assume that everyone one wearing one of those suits, has made a deal with, and become a slave of, Uncle Rupee. I certainly do not think that David Jr is a slave of Tingle as going by the four 'Tingle siblings' dialogue in MC he appears the most happy (other than Tingle of course) to be what he is, and the most determined (again other than Tingle) to become a fairy.

x-Link-x

c o u r a g e ;
The only thing that I have ever known about Tingle is that he's a 35 year old man who believes and is in search of fairies. In MM, his father is the guy who hosts the photograph contest. That is all I know about him. =/

angelkid

TRR = SWEET
Hopefully, alot more will be discovered in the up and coming Tingle game 'Colour changing Tingle's love balloon trip.' However, on a sidenote. Does anyone know if this game will be coming out outside of Japan? There is a release date for Japan but nowhere else. I SERIOUSLY hope it comes to England.

Shadow Wolfo

Darkest Wolfo There Is!
Hopefully, alot more will be discovered in the up and coming Tingle game 'Colour changing Tingle's love balloon trip.' However, on a sidenote. Does anyone know if this game will be coming out outside of Japan? There is a release date for Japan but nowhere else. I SERIOUSLY hope it comes to England.
Poor man...hasn't even had a date...:cry: sadest thing ever. Well I hope he knows hes to big to be a fairy. Even though hes so tiny. One more thing...Whos his mother?:hmm:

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Where did Tingle come from anyway? He just showed in Oos and OoA. they put him in majoras mask, but not OoT.
and whats with the balloon? >.<

Tingle is the spawn of ganon himself. Now seriously i think tingle was just a boy who was obsessed with finding fairies and that in order to find fairies he thinks he needs to be rich so he went around selling you maps to get rupees and he thought that it would be fastest to travel by balloon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom