• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tingle: More or Less?

L

Lord of Storms

So Tingle suddenly crossed my mind as i finished Majora's Mask for the first time. I recall him in mainly toon link adventures and I was wondering everyone else's opinion on him. Personally I love the guy, while he is strange and a bit of a pedophile, he adds comedy. I wish Zelda would tell more about him cuz i mean who doesn't like a little "Tingle - Tingle - Kooloo-Limpah!" in their lives?

Luke's Wife

peaked in 2015
MOAR PLZ

I find him entertaining, even though he's really weird. I do know that he has his fair share of haters, though...

I find the abhorrence with Tingle to completely unwarranted. This is the result of clear cultural differences between the East and the West. What Japanese players perceive as normal, Westerners find a bit weird. One of those things is Tingle. His aesthetic in and of itself is very Japanesey (I know not a word lol) with his rosy cheeks and tiny, scrunched up eyes. On the inside, however, he's a friendly little guy (although a very greedy one :P) and should be appreciated for his role in games like Majora's Mask, The Wind Waker, and even Skyward Sword

And one more thing I need to reiterate from your opening post.

Tingle - Tingle - Kooloo-Limpah!

Last edited:

Night Owl

~Momentai
Personally, I Find him weird. But I wouldn't mind seeing him reoccur in a game as Long as he isn't trying to beat me to the rupees/force gems.
I kind of like that He is a cartographer and can decipher ancient charts. It proves that he is skilled in a trade and not just a weird 35 yr old man in spandex who wishes to be a fairy.

The only think that makes me not like him was his over charging on sea charts in WW and His stealing force gems in FSA.
As long as He isn't physically trying to beat me to the money, I wouldn't mind having him return.

Unfortunately, I am one of the people who find Tingle more creepy than humorous. I don't dislike him really; but if Tingle was never featured in another Zelda game ever again I wouldn't bat an eyelash personally. Probably just one of those things that had trouble crossing the cultural barrier for me.

L

Lord of Storms

i completely forgot about his thefts in FSA! I remember cursing under my breath because he always goes for the biggest ones. Still, I find him useful in deciphering maps as well, save his ludicrous prices. I also remember playing WW w/ my brother and he would use the tingle tuner. It was a fun little co-op, but nothing significant, except in pricing. I just wish he was in it more because he really did provide, at least to me, some comical relief from a hard days of adventuring.

[video=youtube;EhmizfJPaCE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhmizfJPaCE&feature=related[/video]

I think he's hilarious and although he's freaking weird, he's usually somewhat useful. (Aside from Wind Waker where you paid him 598 rupees to translate maps...

triq267

Just a relatable ghost trying to spook it up
I don't DISLIKE him, but he's a weirdo. I just don't know how to feel about him. He's helpful, but, he's a murderer. How else do you explain all the skulls in his cave in WW? But beyond that he's an okay guy. Just a little weird...

I really liked Tingle in Majora's Mask, but not so much in Wind Waker (probably because he made you pay him so much for those darn maps!), and I definately think that Nintendo should have more Tingle in future Zelda games. Although I can understand why a lot of people hate him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom