• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tingle. Good, evil, or on something?

Is Tingle good, evil, or on something?

• Good

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Evil

• On someting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DreamDevourer

Born to Fail
Why does Tingle have to be anything? He's just a guy you have to see, what, 7 to 10 times throughout WW. In MM he is optional- you rarely have to talk to him. So.......why does everyone make fun of him? Hey, I don't like him- but complaining about him is like complaining about Link's Grandma- he's in the game, he does something.

HaruHaru

The one with pickles
The first time I ever saw tingle Up in the sky, Personally, I thought he was just a balloon. When I looked closer, I realized It was no Balloon. I fell off my couch in horror!(Yes, Tingle Scares the **** Out of me) He is Evil.

Silver

The Blue Bomber!
Tingle is a weird character in the Zelda franchise! He is useless, annoying, and yes in some way like Navi. Even though he is all those things, I found him quite funny during times. In Wind Waker he does in fact serve a purpose, he helps Link decode the Triforce Charts so he can get the Triforce Shards. In a way it is all opinion~

CZG

Why does Tingle have to be anything? He's just a guy you have to see, what, 7 to 10 times throughout WW. In MM he is optional- you rarely have to talk to him. So.......why does everyone make fun of him? Hey, I don't like him- but complaining about him is like complaining about Link's Grandma- he's in the game, he does something.

Why would people make fun of him?
You noticed how he's dressed?

But, I agree, he's just a spoiled kid of 35 years old so I go for poll option 4: a weirdo.
I like him though...

Jedizora

:right:
He also had that 4 twins in The Wind Waker. The different colored suit tingles.

he probably just wacked the tingle followers on the head so they would thing he was great or something
xD just kidding idk whats wrong with them( if there is something wrong with them)

also is he helped almost ruin a perfectely good game! if he and his his brothers didnt want to be faries then they woulnt like kinstones in MC!! MC was my favorite game besides the kinstoneswhich made it my 2nd favorite!!:mad::mad:

Last edited:

ChargewithSword

Zelda Dungeon's Critic
Tingle is just some guy who goes about travelling around the world taking whatever he can. He is also a bloody cheapskate with the mentality of a four year old. He's also in spandex. That makes him neutral.

Epwna

The epic turnip king
Tingle's just...strange.He's a map making fairy wannabe that wears spandex.He also makes you pay loads of rupees in WW.The only way to lower the price is to bring him statues of hisself.He also has slaves.Didn't Abraham Lincoln take care of that problem?

Emma

The Cassandra
Site Staff
Tingle gives hints through the Tingle Tuner about each island. Recently I collected them and then put them on all the island pages at Zelda Wiki.org.

Two of them seem relevant to this thread.
Windfall Island:
Windfall Island is close. I don't want to end up in jail there again! Although... The mushrooms that grew on my pillow were quite tasty!
So we know he has had mushrooms. :P

And the one on Spectacle Island:
East of there is Windfall Island. I tried to enter my best drawing in the auction there. But I got rejected at the door! Why is there a dress code at an auction?

I could not contain myself first time I saw that. I found it rather funny. :lol:

Tingle is a weird character in the Zelda franchise! He is useless, annoying, and yes in some way like Navi. Even though he is all those things, I found him quite funny during times. In Wind Waker he does in fact serve a purpose, he helps Link decode the Triforce Charts so he can get the Triforce Shards. In a way it is all opinion~

He is useless, yet serves a purpose? How can this be?!?!

T

Tychon

You know what? I've just given it some thought, and his behavior in Wind Waker isn't really all that strange. It's just his appearance that offsets people, but after having seen the randomness made by Konami in their Parodius Nonsense Fantasy games, and Namco's Katamari (which was actually a rather awesome game, by the way), I think I've become desensitized to it.

First of all, I didn't find it annoying to have to shell out 201 rupees just to get the first map, and another 398 every time you wanted a map decoded. Because by the time you get to the end of the game, you should be able to carry a maximum of 5000 rupees, and the upgrades for them weren't difficult to find--201 rupees out of 5000 is only ~1/25th of the total carrying capacity of your wallet, and 398 isn't much bigger. Furthermore, it isn't really difficult to find rupees anyways; in fact, I often run into the problem of what to do with the rupees because I end up having to put back the rupees in the chest that I found, because I already have 5000, or they go to waste if I haul them up from the sea. Thankfully, Tingle takes care of this problem. By giving him my rupees, I'll have enough room for more.

From a business perspective, let's suppose Tingle is the only one who can decipher your triforce maps. Which would make his skill a rarity, and he basically has no competition--if he did, he may have an incentive to lower his prices. So because no one else can read your triforce maps, he can raise his prices as high as he likes. He'd be losing out if he did otherwise. Same reason why you pay more for a doctor to perform surgery on you than you do the guy who makes your fries; the former requires more skill of which not very many people are capable of doing.
And with no shortage of rupees, it's not really an issue. I found looking for arrows, bombs, etc. really easy, and if you wanted to buy them, they were really cheap anyways.

So really, if I had a reason to dislike Tingle, it would just be his appearances, and strange hopes for wanting to be like a fairy. I actually don't find either of those things detestable though; just silly and wierd. Whether he was onto something or evil only really has to do with how he wants to look like.

The only time I ever found him annoying was in The Four Swords Adventures, but I find he didn't appear all that often.

Anemos

Master of Chaos
Tingle is a good map maker. Yet he turns people into slaves. It is that he serves Uncle Rupee. Is Uncle Rupee real, or just something that Tingle does and uses it as an excuse. Tell me what you think of an idea.:hmm:

Can't believe you get to be a mod when you don't know diddly-squat about spin-off games. In Rosy Rupeeland, Uncle Rupee is the one who turns people into Tingles. NOT Tingle.

And for the record, he isn't the best map maker. If you have played the Wind Waker, you can tell that he really isn't the best artist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom