• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Tingle for Zelda U

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Allot of people hate tingle, because he is such a hinderance in WW or because they feel uncomfortable with the way he comes across as some kind of pedophile.
I did not enjoy his role in WW because he took up so much of my time and money, the quest associated with him was long and tedious. I did however find the effeminate extortionate dwarven slaver quite an amusing character.
I think he should return in Zelda U. This time as an outright villain who you can kill. I'm sure many want to and Aounuma knows he is despised by the majority of Westerners. I'm not suggesting he be a main antagonist and Zelda U be called Attack on Tingle or anything where Tingle becomes huge and leads an army of giant tingles and...lets stop there. I'm not suggesting he be the new Ganon, but he could play a villainous role in an optional quest. It would certainly subvert expectations, as often in Zelda characters that are in multiple games even if they are reincarnations play similar roles as their alternate selves.

It's just an idea, probably one they will not use but If you want to see tingle, what kind of role do you want him to play this time? If you hate tingle with a fiery passion feel free to say so and why.

Mr Reaper

Fear The Reaper
Most definitely, but I think he should just be shoehorned just for comic relief :P nothing more really, just a character to add some humor to the plot.

I don't think he should be villainous at all in Zelda U. Maybe he can just be prancing around in Hyrule Field or being chased by some baddies. I think Tingle is a prime example of character diversity in Zelda, and viewing him as a pedophile is just going over the top. I think he should be involved in a side quest, but he shouldn't be a road block like he was in Wind Waker. I think he's an excellent character, and it'd be nice to see him in Zelda U. :)

Iridescence

Emancipated Wind Fish
So long as he isn't asking for inordinate amounts of money, he should be fine.

But Tingle only appears in games with Child Link so I doubt he will be in Zelda-U.

D

Deleted member 14134

Three things that I am genuinely afraid of: Clowns, mimes, and tingle.

I don't see what's wrong with Tingle, (I've only encountered him in MC and the Oracle games) I think he's kinda funny, I also thought it was funny when Ricky Kangaroo says that he can't stand the guy. Zelda making fun of themselves. :ricky:

I don't see what's wrong with Tingle, (I've only encountered him in MC and the Oracle games) I think he's kinda funny, I also thought it was funny when Ricky Kangaroo says that he can't stand the guy. Zelda making fun of themselves. :ricky:

People hated him in WW, he charged you high prices for the necessary triforce charts which wasn't even a problem due to how easy it is to fill your wallet. But somehow, having something to do with your money was just so wrong.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I know Tingle is, in some ways, the comic relief of the series, but I think he's pretty darn fascinating beyond the typical humorous persona he betrays. Here's a post a made a while back about my thoughts on Tingle:

Justac00lguy from the past (Hi) said:
Tingle is indeed fascinating my friend... He sports a skin tight green body suit with red underwear on the outside as if he's some kind of overweight super hero. He's also got some odd facial hair as well some mysterious tattoos, not to mention he is wearing a clock necklace, maybe because of the whole time theme in Majora's Mask?

I think Tingle has become somewhat of an infamous character in the Zelda series, not so much for his roles in the game but fan perception and the fact that he is rather different to the normal cliché characters in the series. I think there is a lot more to Tingle that meets the eye, he is a guy that just wants to be something more, he claims he was once a fairy, dresses up like a superhero and seems to find success in life by earning rupees. We always see him as this delusional 35 year old man, but I wonder what must have happened in his past? Truth be told I think there is still much to be seen from this little man and I hope we do see him in future installments.

So judging from this, obviously I'd like to see him make his flamboyant and dazzling return to the series in typical Tingle-like fashion; however, I would love for Nintendo stray away from making him a simple cameo and try to explore his roots a bit more. I'm all for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom