• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Timespan in TP

PapilioTempesta

Tots Som Pops
Hi there!

I know time is the least definite thing in the Zelda games, but I'd like to know something:

How many years -more or less- pass from Ganodorf's execution in Arbiter's Grounds and the events in Twilight Princess?

reason says it should be some centuries, because he should have been executed right after OoT... but then, how come he "talks" to Zant, who can't be (I guess, looking at his appearence and behavour) more than 60. Aah, well, I don't know what is the twili's life expectancy, but I don't think Zant was even born when Ganodorf was thrown inside the Mirror.

does the HyruleHistoria mention anything about this? Or do you have any ideas? It would be very helpful.

Thank you for your time! :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
I don't think the HH states anywhere about time frames or specifically the time span between Ocarina of Time and Twilight Princess . However I would go with a pretty large time span...

I don't think Ganondorf would age as such, he was yet to be fully reborn, remember the scene in the Twilight Realm with Zant, he appeared to Zant as a god like figure, so I would say he was more there I spirit and not in physical form therefore he did not age. I know it's not accurate to go off geography but judging by the drastic change in landscape I think it's safe to say a fair bit of time passed, we do essentially a lot of reoccurring locations so in a way it's quite easy to compare. There is also the fact that there is no mention of the Hero of Time and how he saved Hyrule by exposing Ganondorf's plans, going by this- his legend probably got lost though time and if the time span was 100 or so years like people say, surely there would be some mention.

There is also the fact that some locations have drastically changed, Hyrule Castle seems to be in a more northern position and its heavily fortified as well as its a lot larger structure. Also the Temple of Time has not only become a ruin but it has also moved away from its original position, which was next to Hyrule Castle.

I would say it's anywhere between 500-1000 years maybe even more, it could be any amount but I would certainly say the least amount of years would be around 500. However it could be interpreted that the landscape shift, vast changes in structure and loss of history could have been due to a war of sorts or a big destructive event.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
I'd say a century is the lower limit, beyond that the ToT would not be as overgrown. 1,000 years seems excessive, mainly because there really wouldn't be too much left of old ruins.

HylianHero

Gardener of Elysium
I'd say a century is the lower limit, beyond that the ToT would not be as overgrown. 1,000 years seems excessive, mainly because there really wouldn't be too much left of old ruins.

Well, it was built by a sage to hold the entrance to the Sacred Realm, hidden in a mystical forest, and guarded by a forest imp and his unlimited legions of puppets. In fact, I'm surprised it wasn't in better shape.

The Roman Colosseum has lasted almost 2,000 years, and it had none of that magical crap protecting it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom