• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeshift Stones

Timeshift Stones

• Wonderful idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meh

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Who else would love to see an entire game based around the concept of Timeshift Stones? I would love to hear your thoughts and opinions about them, and how you would use them.

Mamono101

生きることは痛みを知ること。
Staff member
I don't know if I could play an entire game based around the Timeshift Stones, but I would love to see them make a return in future Zelda titles.

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
I think it is an ok idea, I did vote for it as a wonderful idea. However I think it would get repetitive to quickly, perhaps just like the Lanayru Desert they could heavily use this concept to perhaps travel back in time to console with other people and or buy items from the past maybe. I don't know but this concept seems cool and I would truly love to see it return.

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I thought the time shift stones were a very interesting mechanic. I originally didn't like using them at first in the Lanayru overworld because I was getting annoyed with hitting the right one. They were a pretty clever idea, to reactivate the things in the past to aid you on your quest in the past. What I liked even more about them was how they were implemented in the Lanayru Mining Facility dungeon. The time shift stones in the dungeon gave way for some very interesting and clever puzzles. As for if they will appear in a later installment, I don't think so to be honest but I can't be sure since we haven't had exact details about the future Zelda games.

Deeds

no text
I thought they were great, made you think a lot differently when they were introduced. I particulary liked the ones you can carry around, I thought that was very clever.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
The timeshift stones are good for making one area unique and off-center from the rest of the game, but a whole game based off of them... I'm thinking that wouldn't work out so well. They're a gimmick meant for one area, not something to use across an entire game.

Timeshift stones were cool and all, but once I found a timeshift orb, that was pure awesome.

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
The Timeshift Stones and Timeshift Orbs are both wonderful ideas implemented beautifully into Skyward Sword. The way you could interact with people from the past, as well as use the stones and orbs to activate/deactivate things made for great puzzles and great gameplay in general. A whole game based around it though? That sounds really great actually... I would be one to make a flash or Game Maker game based on this idea. If it didn't get repetitive, as in, it had a variety of puzzles based around it but they weren't the same thing over and over... this would be a great idea!

:yes:

ZeldaFan11

#TeamPhelps
I think that they were a great idea, but whole game based on them? no. I liked how they made allmost everything differnt when they were struck. plus you had to put them in the right spots to move on. that was pretty clever. Also another thing that was cool with them was that when they was on mine carts and they moved...that was epic:)

If they was all-over the game i personally would get tired of hitting, transporting. repeat. find another TS. hit, transport. repeat. that would GET OLD very FAST.

B

berniemad

I thought the stones were a fantastic idea and I loved the orb you could carry around however it did get a bit frustrating trying to get the right stones. But I would've liked to see more of them.

Krazy4Krash

Staff member
Despite how cool timeshift stones are, I wouldn't like to see them in another game.
I'd like to see different mechanics in future games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom