• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline Theories?

D

Deleted member 121

Heres my theory.

In Oot Link goes to the future to stop Ganondorf but by opening the door of time he allowed Ganondorf to gain all the powers Link was trying to prevent Ganondorf from gaining. At the end of OoT Link is sent back to his own time therefore removing Link from the future altogether. This is where it gets confusing, due to time split. So to make it easy to follow I'll split it up into two sections.

In the past Navi flys away so link goes off to find her thus insinuating MM. Back in Hyrule Ganondorf seeks the power in the sacred realm but is stopped by the sages and sealed in the Twilight Realm, Thus insinuating TP.

In the Future there is no longer a Link in this time so when Ganondorf escapes he begins his reign of terror thus insinuating WW.

Thats all folks. Let me know what you think.

Heres a piece of my theory.

Ocarina of Time

*split*

Majora's Mask (Child Link timeline, same Link)

Twilight Princess (Adult Link timeline,new Link)

The Wind Waker (child Link timeline, new Link)

A Link to the Past (Adult Link timeline, new Link)

Ok some things to explain.

People wonder why the master sword in ALttP is in the forest and its in the Temple of Time in OoT/TP. Well, its both one and the same location, heres why. For those that have played TP will know that the master sword is in the *ruins* of the Temple of Time...IN THE FOREST. The ToT in OoT is actually near the Lost Woods, it just doesnt appear to be. You all do remember the sacred forest meadow in OoT right? link that to the Sacred Forest where you find the ruins of the ToT in TP...its the same area. So in my theory, ALttP has to follow TP and OoT and be the same Hyrule...but only in Adult Links timeline.

D

dan [spam]

xandar said:
I suppose you noticed I didn't say Majora's Mask despite the fact that it's clearly a direct sequel. Well I don't think that ever happened. Look at it. All the characters in MM are exact duplicates of characters in OoT. In a few cases, they even have the same name. You know how they say you see your life flash back before your eyes when you die? Well, I think Link Died at the start of MM when he fell. He was in a magic forest at the time when he died, and what do you eat in a magic forest? Magic mushrooms. I figure they made him go a little loopy, and his flashback of his life happened while he was high.

you could say the same about phantom hourglass thou
when link falls in the sea.....he dies :/
and the game is just a flashback

P

Peregrine

dan [spam said:
]
xandar said:
I suppose you noticed I didn't say Majora's Mask despite the fact that it's clearly a direct sequel. Well I don't think that ever happened. Look at it. All the characters in MM are exact duplicates of characters in OoT. In a few cases, they even have the same name. You know how they say you see your life flash back before your eyes when you die? Well, I think Link Died at the start of MM when he fell. He was in a magic forest at the time when he died, and what do you eat in a magic forest? Magic mushrooms. I figure they made him go a little loopy, and his flashback of his life happened while he was high.

you could say the same about phantom hourglass thou
when link falls in the sea.....he dies :/
and the game is just a flashback

*** Bit of a spoiler warning here, for anyone who hasn't finished the game:

But Link and Tetra both disappear, and in the epilogue, they're returned to Tetra's ship, and Tetra remembers everything that happened. So Link's not dead.

Your video doesn't make sense when it comes to TP Mases, when Ganondorf was offered to the twilight mirror he was offered at Guerdo valley, then a prison camp, well when Ganondorf was banished from hyrule the 6 sages didn't seem to use a mirror, they just banished him using regular magic, no twilight magic involved. Everything else seems correct though.

Mases

Lord of the Flies
Administrator
Site Staff
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/29488.html

The Angry Video Game Nerd has released his own timeline theory of sorts. It is a bit dated as he made it over a year ago but it is definately a good watch. He basically says in the end, that the timeline isn't something that is important and it is the gameplay that is really the bright spot of the series, which of course is true. I'm just a big fan of the nerd, so to see him do something on Zelda is great.

Ok this video is really lagging and i can't really even watch it, is it just me or is this happening to other people too?

Nevermind its working now.

S

ssj5goten

Ylink mm Ww ph mc ooa/oos

oot

ALink Tp lttp aol loz ooa/oos

My Theorie:
Every once in a 100 years a new link and Zelda are born (this is a fact)
Oot: ganondorf still wasn’t transformed into ganon when the game began so it would be the first of the series after the ending link gets send back so the split timeline begins:
After ocarina of time Young Link timeline will begin with majora’s mask there is enough proof I won’t need to explain this.
Because Link wasn’t in hyrule anymore he couldn’t come too fight ganon (or didn’t know) so the goddesses flooded the land. So Wind Waker began. After Windwaker ganon was sealed in stone he couldn’t get out anymore so there is no more ganon.
Phantom hourglass came after Windwaker enough proof for that too.
After phantom hourglass knew there was no more ganon so they came back to hyrule too unflood it again and stayed this time too see if it turned out good (or left incarnations of some sort) which we see in minish cap and ooa/oos. When the minish cap began nobody knew where the master sword was and the legend could have been forgotten after the unflooding or they just don’t mention it in minish cap.
Because nobody knows where the master sword is another legend starts with the picori blade and a new villain vaati. (if this game comes in this order of the timeline it is explainable why there still are moblins creations of ganon).
After minish cap begins oracle of ages or oracle of seasons and again we see din/nayru and farore and because farore is in both in another place the games can’t follow up and are thus in a different timeline also there is no mention of the master sword what so ever and no mention of ganon what so ever.
Now about Adult Link timeline which is somewhat more difficult.
After ocarina of time ganon is still sealed in the sacred realm in this timeline so peace lasts until twighlight princess (where ganondorf is still in a different realm) and also it’s ganondorf which in later games is only ganon but he got send into the sacred realm as ganondorf so that would make sense. There I a bit of a gap between twighlight princess en a link to the past because ganondorf actually dies in TP so I don’t actually know how he got in the sacred realm again. But after link to the past ganondorf dies again this is also the last time the master sword is used (as it says in the ending).
Now that ganon is dead his minions want to revive him so Adventure of link begins but in the whole game the master sword is not mentioned so it backs up my theorie of lttp coming before Aol. Also Link doesn’t know Zelda yet but it’s pretty clear the Zelda and link from Loz and a Aol are the same which means Aol comes before Loz this also explains how ganon came back because there is a big chance that one of his minions got some blood from Link and revived ganon with it.
So Legend of Zelda ganon has got Zelda who Link know’s by know and after Loz ganon is killed again. After this the goddesses send incarnations (or themselves just as in the other timeline) to hyrule to see if everything would go well and ganon would not return. Because of the timelines farore could be in two different places at the same time (more or less).

Well this is my Theorie I can’t figure out where the four swords series would be placed or LA and I know there is a gap between TP and Lttp but other than that I think it’s pretty solid.

Last edited by a moderator:
T

Taron

oot is alwase first. that is a universaly excepted fact, then mm, again universaly excepted fact, the rest is up to you, but mc might have come even before oot, because Link first gets his hat from Ezlo. the rest is foggy but their are two possibilitys i am sifting thru. the first is the video posted previously, then the second can be found on game stop

I think Twilight Princess takes places on the other side of teh Timeline, not with MM. According to the split, that is where it happens, since it runs paralell with Wind Waker.

That and one question about Minish Cap coming first. In the Oracles, Din/Nayru/Farore are about to go to Hyrule,

They are:? I don't remember that, I thought they lived on those Islands?

In the Minish Cap, they already live in Hyrule and the game even confirms they are the same Din/Nayru/Farore from the Oracles. Some say its just a cameo, but then again, the game goes out of the way to explain their existance in the Minish Cap.

When is this stated? I don't remember this in the game. I need to play the game again but it could be the gods it is referring to and not the oracles of the same name.

Your video doesn't make sense when it comes to TP Mases, when Ganondorf was offered to the twilight mirror he was offered at Guerdo valley, then a prison camp, well when Ganondorf was banished from hyrule the 6 sages didn't seem to use a mirror, they just banished him using regular magic, no twilight magic involved. Everything else seems correct though.

I don't think he possessed the triforce yet he was just super powerful. I think he gained possession of it later after he was banished to that realm. Otherwise them trying to kill him with the power of gold at his command was stupid.

Last edited:

TheManInTheMoon

I've Done Been Ganked!
They are:? I don't remember that, I thought they lived on those Islands?
Impa (by Zelda's order) was there to bring them back, and at the end of a linked game we see zelda and co. back in hyrule and nayru in an unfamiliar village and din in an unfamilar forest, both of which I assume are in hyrule.
When is this stated? I don't remember this in the game. I need to play the game again but it could be the gods it is referring to and not the oracles of the same name.
Their figurines state that they have come from holodrum and labyrnna.

ah thank you I totally forgot that man I need to play the oracle games more, and by figurines in MC do you mean the ones you get at random from the toy guy? cuz I wouldn't really consider the figurines as part of the overall story more like bonuses like the figurines in the smash bros games. They could have also been put in by the creators as a treat and not meant to have any bearing on the chronology of the game. I doubt the toy guy would even know who they are anyway cuz they seem pretty good at keeping a low profile as I've never seen or heard of them in any other games. Also the royal order from impa kind of screws seasons up. Wouldn't messing with din affect the globe and not just one island? and what would the odds be that the temple of seasons would be on the same island she's imprisoned? I don't know I guess I'm trying too hard to make things make logical sense. They are just games. Too much mr. spock is not good.

Last edited:
W

Warrior of Light

Wow! I am new here - never before been a member of a forum or anything like this. Anyway, I wanted to play the Zelda games growing up, but my parents wouldn't let me. They were afraid I would get lost in the games at the time, and I think they were right. Anyway, I'm grown up now and finally getting to play these awesome games. I have started with ALLTP and TP, and am in the middle of both right now. I have been intrigued with the timeline theory, but not having played them all, I am more confused the more I read on the subject. I guess I have two questions at the present -
1. In TP, many people you encounter in the game refer to a great hero in the past. This to my understanding is the golden wolf guy who teaches you all your hidden skills. But my question is this -is the great hero everyone in Hyrule speaks of Link from a previous game, or someone else? If so, which game would he come from ( my reading of the timeline theories thus far would lead me to believe it would be the OoT/MM Link. If that were the case, then is the guy who is teaching TP Link the hidden sword skills a spirit form of the OoT Link? Please no spoilers, I am about halfway through TP, so if I have asked a stupid question which I will later find the answer to, you can just tell me that. Like I said before, I'm new at this so I have a lot to learn.
Question #2: After completing the two games I have, what would be the best way to play the rest of the games in the series? Would it be best to start with the original adventure and play it out in the order of release? OR should I follow one of the timeline theories and play them in (supposed) chronological order of the history of Hyrule OR some other order based simply on gameplay? Hmm - I think too much. That's why I know I am going to love it here....

Play them however you wish, but I suggest starting with The Legend of Zelda, then The Adventure of Link and so forth.

D

Deku Lord

1. In TP, many people you encounter in the game refer to a great hero in the past. This to my understanding is the golden wolf guy who teaches you all your hidden skills. But my question is this -is the great hero everyone in Hyrule speaks of Link from a previous game, or someone else? If so, which game would he come from ( my reading of the timeline theories thus far would lead me to believe it would be the OoT/MM Link. If that were the case, then is the guy who is teaching TP Link the hidden sword skills a spirit form of the OoT Link? Please no spoilers, I am about halfway through TP, so if I have asked a stupid question which I will later find the answer to, you can just tell me that. Like I said before, I'm new at this so I have a lot to learn.

Within the games the Ancient Warrior has no proven connections with any previous heroes. The 'great hero in the past' is merely something Nintendo may be implying about him. As for real life statements about the Warrior, I do not know of any statements by Nintendo at this point.

Question #2: After completing the two games I have, what would be the best way to play the rest of the games in the series? Would it be best to start with the original adventure and play it out in the order of release? OR should I follow one of the timeline theories and play them in (supposed) chronological order of the history of Hyrule OR some other order based simply on gameplay? Hmm - I think too much. That's why I know I am going to love it here....

If it was me, I would start with the 8-bit adventures, move on to hand helds, and finally 3D adventures.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom