• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline Revealed?

gravendoom75

Thief Of Space
there is a bad thing about it getting revealed....... this entire section of the forums will be gone

also they might give the series a setting in new hyrule instead of hyrule if they reveal the timeline

Interesting. We can guess a few things about the timeline from what little we've been told. Here's the translated table of contents:
History of Hyrule
~Finally Revealed, The Genealogy of the [Legend]~
The Timeline of Hyrule, Kingdom of the Gods………………………………..68
The Legend of Gods and the Hero of Time…………………………………….70
The Downfall of Hyrule and the last Hero………………………………………..92
The Twilight Realm and the Hero’s Descendant…………………………… 110
The Hero of Wind and the new World……………………………………………..122
The first section is only two pages. Probably just the back-story and stuff we already know. Most likely, this will just clear up a few of the dubious retcons. The remaining four sections will cover the games themselves, I'm guessing.

Important to note is the fact that the first section is the longest, as far as we know; yet the only games we know are there are "Skyward Sword" and "Ocarina of Time" (possibly "Majora's Mask"). This could mean that there are a few other games that will be covered in this section. How many? No more than three, I'd presume.

The third section is fairly short and might just contain backstory. However, it might contain a game or two as well. This means that some games might go between OoT and "Wind Waker", or OoT and "Twilight Princess".

The fourth section clearly covers TP and a few other titles. Most suspect that "Link to the Past" will be here. "Oracle of Ages" and "Oracle of Seasons" will most likely be here as well.

We don't know how long the last section will be, but its quite clear that it covers WW, "Phantom Hourglass", and "Spirit Tracks".

I am looking forward to reading it.

The chapters might also describe these games:

History of Hyrule
~Finally Revealed, The Genealogy of the [Legend]~
The Timeline of Hyrule, Kingdom of the Gods………………………………..68 <------------General introduction
The Legend of Gods and the Hero of Time…………………………………….70 <----------- SS, OoT, MM and the Split Timeline
The Downfall of Hyrule and the last Hero………………………………………..92 <---------- AlttP/LA---LoZ/AoL (perhaps OoX)
The Twilight Realm and the Hero’s Descendant…………………………… 110 <----------TP
The Hero of Wind and the new World……………………………………………..122 <---------WW, PH and ST

I don't think Nintendo will mention the FSS or the Oracles, because they were 1) made by Capcom and 2) "side stories" (i.e. Non-Master Sword stories not made by Nintendo).

It also possible that it doesn't show how to put together the different arcs, which means that they can write like this:

---------/---WW/PH---ST
SS---OoT
--------\MM---TP

AlttP/LA---LoZ/AoL

TMC---FS/FSA

(The fate of OoX is unknown)

/Blue Window

M

Monkalrus

It probably won't have anything too specific. Probably general groupings of games. No blatant this than that than this. But who knows?

gravendoom75

Thief Of Space
heres what happened

miyamoto-大丈夫私はあなたが本を作り、それハイラルヒストリを呼び出すとそのゲームのすべての歴史を物語る本にしたい。しかし覚えては世界にタイムラインを明らかにはしない。
translation-okay i want you to make a book and call it the hyrule historia and make it a book that tells the history of all of the games. but remember do not reveal the timeline to the world.
book writer- uhh i think i will use google translate on this
google translate-Okay I made ​​the book you want to book all the history of the game and call it a history Hyrule. Remember, however, revealed timeline world.
book writer- reveal timeline to world.... odd request but ok!

Why do people keep posting their worries of Zelda ending??? There is nothing written anywhere that should lead anyone to conclude this and from a business perspective it would be a ludicrous decision. It's like saying that you don't feel like making money anymore.

gravendoom75

Thief Of Space
Why do people keep posting their worries of Zelda ending??? There is nothing written anywhere that should lead anyone to conclude this and from a business perspective it would be a ludicrous decision. It's like saying that you don't feel like making money anymore.

you see they would be constricted on a timeline that they would need to work either in or around. thats the reason they didnt even tell the timeline in the first place

i don't see how a timeline would cause nintendo to have to work around anything, if they just stated, "this is the order of the games", and not explain every detail of everything. i think they should just release the timeline with no explanation, and then you still have the fun of piecing the connections together yourself. if they wrote, 'an expansive history of everything that every happened in hyrule' then they would be limiting themselves.

I really like the time line theory this guy made
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2g65jL3HDg&list=FLTyRt3cb9rEXfkfhWGO1q3Q&index=1&feature=plpp_video
He connected all the games together and i think it came together really well.
he sent the video to nintendo but all they did was give him a pre-written letter that said there is no time line with the zelda games and that every game starts with a new link fighting a new evil. however this time line theory honestly satisfies me more and i like it better than nintendo's "every game is a new link" explanation.
Um...no. I've seen that video and it is terrible. Swiss cheese has less holes in it. His video starts by insulting your intelligence. You know: "I'm not one of those YouTube idiots that doesn't know what he's talking about." Wrong on both counts, kid. Anyway, isn't Nintendo more trustworthy because they made these games?

I don't think Nintendo will mention the FSS or the Oracles, because they were 1) made by Capcom and 2) "side stories" (i.e. Non-Master Sword stories not made by Nintendo).
That is A) a total cop-out that is completely lame; also :cool: LA, PH, and MM are side stories too. Why should they count? Capcom not only had permission from Nintendo to make the games but worked with Nintendo to make them. The original plan for FSA was to make it about the Sealing War (it didn't pan out so great, though). Now why would Capcom do that if they were just making a "side story" that "wouldn't count"?

I think that even when the timeline is revealed there's still going to be things that will be questioned and this section of the forums will still be here because of it. My guess is the book will basically tell us what we already know and have some sort of simple explation for why each game goes together. It may only touch on a few select games too. And once more games come out again there'll be more theorizing where everything then will go as well.

To Forlong

That is A) a total cop-out that is completely lame; also :cool: LA, PH, and MM are side stories too. Why should they count? Capcom not only had permission from Nintendo to make the games but worked with Nintendo to make them. The original plan for FSA was to make it about the Sealing War (it didn't pan out so great, though). Now why would Capcom do that if they were just making a "side story" that "wouldn't count"?

I'm not saying that I'm right, it is likely that I am wrong.

Anyway:

A) There have been no comments from Aonuma and Miyamoto regarding the timeline placements for FSS and OoX (save the dubious "FS is what we think is the first game")

:cool: Your criticism is irrelevant because I clearly stated that the reason why I doubt these games will be included is: They are NOT part of the general MS story and NOT made by Nintendo.

/Blue Window

SecretNerd-sshh

Its a secret to everyone
I agree it would be completely lame not to include the capcom games. I mean lets look at the timeline without them....
--------/tWW/PH->ST
SS->OoT
--------\MM->TP->alttp/LA-->LoZ/AoL

Honestly, what does it accomplish? Not much imo. The main kick in the nuts in theorizing the timeline is the FSS and thats about it. Its the only batch of games that throw everything into a frenzy. Without out FSS everyone would have to put alttp on the CT anyway, because it has no business on the AT without it and its confirmed it comes before LoZ/AoL. ( I hate AT loaded timelines anyway, im just saying)

I guess explaining the seal war would be cool but thats about all I personally would get from this timeline if the FSS/OoX was not included. I mean honestly, this timeline is super boring without the capcom games lol.

Throwing in AST and the game AND watch game would be epic as well....(screw that other "gamewatch" game, nintendo had nothing to do with that game) But seriously, they need to show alttp some damn love, above all else, it seems they try to retcon the hell out of it every chance they get...

Last edited:

Yuuki

ギラヒムーあくま
it seems to me that is already confirming bits and pieces but currently disappointed at how it is retelling what we know so far..

Maybe all these stuipid theories about the zelda timeline can be put to rest thank you Hyrule Historia

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom