• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline retcon in Hyrule Encyclopedia

The timeline in Hyrule Encyclopedia has a retcon to the OoX; instead of taking place inbetween ALttP and LA, it now takes place long after ALttP/LA and before the 3DS games with a new Link.

http://zeldauniverse.net/forums/Thr...idbits-in-Hyrule-Encyclopedia/?postID=5880650

I'm fine with this; it makes sense as OoX Link and Zelda don't know eachother, and the OoX are the only games before HH that didn't have a confirmed placement before HH.

Well, i guess Nintendo not full on rearranging the timeline after all the criticism means theyre somewhat sticking to their guns about the third split.

Shame theyve had to refine it so much as to shift some games around and create a new Link because of inaccuracies the first time around (guess they really are just winging the timeline).

No info about botw is a killer though since it seems to take so many liberties.

Last edited:
I don't really see this as a major change TBH... Hyrule Historia listed ALttP, OoX and LA as taking place within the Era of Light and Dark, which they all still do... and I don't recall it outright stating the order (although I don't have my copy with me to check), so I think it could be interpreted as a list of games that took place within that era, rather than an exact order, which does give it some flexibility.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom