• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline placement for Zelda U?

WHat timeline do you think Zelda U falls in?

• Downfall

Votes: 1 5.6%
  • Child

Votes: 11 61.1%
  • Adult

Votes: 7 38.9%

• Total voters

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
I know some believe this could be a TP sequel. Something that would be good (too good for Nintendo to actually do of course) would be to have the origin of the dark mirror and trident of power touched on.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I know some believe this could be a TP sequel. Something that would be good (too good for Nintendo to actually do of course) would be to have the origin of the dark mirror and trident of power touched on.
Yeah, I wouldn't count on it. It'd be good leading into Four Swords Adventures because Ganon has the Trident in that game.

Technically the adult timeline is a continuation of the unsplit chain of events. So you can say adult, and clarify it's Pre Ocarina of Time.[/QUOT

The adult timeline IS NOT an unsplit chain of events, the adult timeline is a byproduct created by link BECAUSE he warns Zelda of future events on the credits scene of OOT. After he is sent to his child era after defeating gannondorf, he warns her changes the course of history and goes to look for navi in the lost woods and because he gets lost in termina he never grows up to defeat gannondorf thus the goddess must flood the land and that's why in the adult timeline everything is always flooded

No.. When Zelda sends Link to the child era (where he goes on to warn Zelda), the Hyrule of the Adult Timeline is left without a Hero, so when Ganondorf breaks free of the seal there wasn't a Hero to defeat him, leading to the Goddesses flooding Hyrule. That's where the whole "He has no relation to the Hero of Time" talk came from.

Maybe my point of reference was twisted, but the information still stands.
No one commented on my SS sequel comment.
Either way I believe this will be an amazing installment if it takes place on any of the - marks in the hystoria. In fact if they makes this link the first reincarnated hero after "the hero is defeated" then it would mark the first 3d world title of that era, all prior games were old systems or handheld titles Zelda 1, Zelda ii, link to the past, ooa & oos, links awakening.

I'm saying for now this is an Adult timeline game. Pre WW and post OOT.

This is going to be the era without a hero so Link is probably not going to don the green tunic and he won't be saving the day at the end. He'll be of the hero's bloodline but as we know, the legends told say there was no hero in green of this era. It doesn't mean that there wasn't someone who tried to save the day or worked more behind the scenes to secure peoples futures but their deeds were not remembered in history.

What I imagine will happen is the flood will occur and some will make it to the mountaintops. From what we have seen is there are a lot of moutains and plateaus in Zelda U and that leads me to think that could be what they have in mind.

There is the visual style which reminds me of the WW without the silly character proportions. Hyrule looks very similar to the one under the ocean in WW. There are the watchtowers just like in Ww. Bokoblins have taken on a piglike appearance yet again in Zelda U indicating Ganon's involvement. If you remember in SS the bokoblins of Demise were not piglike however Ganondorf's bokoblins and moblins have that quality about them and in one of the games I think it is said that he made them in his own image which is why his bokoblins and moblins have that piglike quality about them.

There's not much evidence to go off so far but that's my thinking for now.

My thoughts to the tee.

My only problem is I'd feel a bit depressed if the events of the flood happened during the course of the game and not some point at the end, and the entirety of the large openworld was washed away. I really hope that this game doesn't really bind itself to the timeline, no matter how bullshitly Nintendo fits it into it.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
The adult timeline IS NOT an unsplit chain of events, the adult timeline is a byproduct created by link BECAUSE he warns Zelda of future events on the credits scene of OOT. After he is sent to his child era after defeating gannondorf, he warns her changes the course of history and goes to look for navi in the lost woods and because he gets lost in termina he never grows up to defeat gannondorf thus the goddess must flood the land and that's why in the adult timeline everything is always flooded
It isn't an alternate split at all. It's a continuation of events. Because Link was gone there was no hero to stop Ganondorf when he broke the Sages' seal. On this timestream Link defeated Ganondorf, but was sent back in time, thus the lack of a hero to reseal Ganondorf.

But one day, a man of great evil found the golden power and took it for himself. With its strength at his command, he spread darkness across the kingdom. But then, when all hope had died, and the hour of doom seemed at hand...

...a young boy clothed in green appeared as if from nowhere. Wielding the blade of evil's bane, he sealed the dark one away and gave the land light.

This boy, who traveled through time to save the land, was known as the Hero of Time. The boy's tale was passed down through generations until it became legend... But then, a day came when a fell wind began to blow across the kingdom. The great evil that all thought had been forever sealed away by the hero once again crept forth from the depths of the earth, eager to resume its dark designs.

The people believed that the Hero of Time would again come to save them... But the hero did not appear. Faced by an onslaught of evil, the people could do nothing but appeal to the Gods. In their last hour, as doom drew nigh, they left their future in the hands of fate.

What became of that kingdom? None remain who know.

As you can see Wind Waker didn't happen because Link never grew up to face Ganondorf, he did. It was because Zelda sent him back in time that he was unable to face Ganondorf again when the seal broke.

It isn't an alternate split at all. It's a continuation of events. Because Link was gone there was no hero to stop Ganondorf when he broke the Sages' seal. On this timestream Link defeated Ganondorf, but was sent back in time, thus the lack of a hero to reseal Ganondorf.

As you can see Wind Waker didn't happen because Link never grew up to face Ganondorf, he did. It was because Zelda sent him back in time that he was unable to face Ganondorf again when the seal broke.

I stand corrected about the chain of events thank you for the reminder, but since this is a theory page humor me Lol. if link (oot) is the hero of time sent back by Zelda in the first place. then why not just summon him back when times are dire? Shouldn't there be a reason he wasnt called back by Zelda her self after Gannondorf escapes? I believe because he's trapped during the termina events he wasn't summoned back.

Oh my gosh, he has the ocarina in MM. I just realized Zelda handed him the tool required to summon him back to the adult era. There is no ocarina in the ww, or tp. So maybe that's links key to set things right in the child era. There is a time gap between MM and TP. The hystoria hints at a game there.
Lol so maybe my first paragraph is null. But I left it there so everyone could follow my thought process

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
I stand corrected about the chain of events thank you for the reminder, but since this is a theory page humor me Lol. if link (oot) is the hero of time sent back by Zelda in the first place. then why not just summon him back when times are dire? Shouldn't there be a reason he wasnt called back by Zelda her self after Gannondorf escapes? I believe because he's trapped during the termina events he wasn't summoned back.

Oh my gosh, he has the ocarina in MM. I just realized Zelda handed him the tool required to summon him back to the adult era. There is no ocarina in the ww, or tp. So maybe that's links key to set things right in the child era. There is a time gap between MM and TP. The hystoria hints at a game there.
Lol so maybe my first paragraph is null. But I left it there so everyone could follow my thought process
Hmm. Yeah we don't really know what happened to the Ocarina after Majora's Mask, or what happened to it after the great flood. It seems maybe it was lost on both timelines?

During the Child Timeline, it's incredibly likely the Ocarina of Time was buried with the Hero of Time in Hyrule Castle.

In the Adult Timeline, it was most likely either lost under the waves, or hidden in a secret place so that if Ganondorf were to return (like he did) he wouldn't be able to retrieve the Ocarina. Also, this isn't really relevant, but why the hell did the Royal Family decide "guys, listen, I think a puzzle made for children would be a lot tougher to crack then tracking down three secret stones guarded by three (err, two) fierce tribes that can easily protect themselves" ?

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
During the Child Timeline, it's incredibly likely the Ocarina of Time was buried with the Hero of Time in Hyrule Castle.

In the Adult Timeline, it was most likely either lost under the waves, or hidden in a secret place so that if Ganondorf were to return (like he did) he wouldn't be able to retrieve the Ocarina. Also, this isn't really relevant, but why the hell did the Royal Family decide "guys, listen, I think a puzzle made for children would be a lot tougher to crack then tracking down three secret stones guarded by three (err, two) fierce tribes that can easily protect themselves" ?
We don't even know were he might be buried, so...

Yeah that makes sense. As for your question, idk there are a lot of things that are best left not looked at with in-game views.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom