• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline may prove me wrong on this.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I'm playing OoT right now, and I just did the part where you learn Saraia's song. My theory is this: She is the skull kid in Sacred Grove in TP. Anything for/against this theory?
My main supporting point is the music.

Shroom

The Artist Formally Known as Deku Shroom™
In relation to a side-quest, and a couple other little nods to it, Saria seems to teach this song to and be friends with at least a Skull Kid, so I'm sure the music was shared among others. It could also just be a nod back to the forest in general too.

I always liked to believe it's the Skull Kid from OoT and MM. I feel like Saria would have been a little more straight forward in leading Link to the MS and less... violent.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I don’t really think it’s the one from MM. While it very well could be, at the end of MM Skull Kid shows quite a bit of remorse, his actions being fueled by the loneliness and anger of being left behind by the giants. For him to randomly attack you, even if he led you through the woods, seems a bit out of character. But who knows, a lot could’ve happened between the games.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Remorse can only get you so far. He might have ended up there by whatever deity (Godesses? Light Spirits?) deemed that he needed to be punished for his actions, remorse or no. He may or may not have recognized Link, but still had to attack him, maybe as a trial to prove worthiness for the MS, out of his duties as guardian of the Master Sword.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
I don’t think there’s any evidence for the skull kid to be or not be anyone, except for Saria. It is almost certainly not her as nothing is stated to have happened to any safe besides the water one, plus we see the Forest sage in a cutscene.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
I don’t think there’s any evidence for the skull kid to be or not be anyone, except for Saria. It is almost certainly not her as nothing is stated to have happened to any safe besides the water one, plus we see the Forest sage in a cutscene.
Man, the Sages did not age well from OoT to TP, did they? I mean, they all went from their normal, aesthetically-pleasing forms to these weird glowing old men. Maybe that explains the Wise Men from ALttP. Sages just age into old ghost dudes.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Yeah, I've progressed in OoT a little more, found out shes a sage. Even before that I had kinda ditched that in favor of it being the MM Skull Kid.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Forget everything I said here. The OoT sages were never awakened in the Child Timeline.

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Forget everything I said here. The OoT sages were never awakened in the Child Timeline.
I envisioned them being awakened for the sole purpose of executing Ganondorf. They'd go searching for them, find them, and have them execute Ganon. They just end up as ugly old white dudes, somehow.

VikzeLink

The Destructive One
Staff member
As Saria is a Kokiri, she can't even become a Skull Kid, as they are protected from that fate. Hylian children that gets lost in the woods turn into skull kids, and adults become Stalfos

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
I must have been mistaken. I thought Navi said something about "you" getting lost. I thought it was the fate of the Kokiri that got lost in the Lost Woods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom