• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline Impossibilities

I just hope when people will stop trying to figure out something that NINTENDO already stated that doesn't exist- a timeline for zelda!
maybe one day... but for now there's now concrete timeline?

Maybe there is and maybe there isn't an official timeline. If there isn't we can still try to come up with the BEST fan created timeline possible, and the debate serves to move us toward that. On the other hand, considering some of the statements made about split timelines and the like by "official" Zelda staff and the definite connections between the last several games, I think that even if there is not a completely determined official timeline, it is still very likely that nintendo has some basic timeline structure in mind that currently serves as a guide for making new games.

kpllk

The future pro yoyoer
When is Nintend going to realese a timeline? thet would help us out a lot in this conversation. I said pretty much the same think skullkid did. But I have been on nintendo's website before and there was a "contact us" part of the site. Someone should just E-mail them asking for the timeline.

That's a good point. However, We find out in TP that Ganon is brought to trial and sent into the twilight realm on the child side of OoT. That means that when Link returns to Hyrule, Ganon is in the twilight realm. In that case Ganon was not dead, so the Oracles games cannot go here. I think that the inclusion of Twinrova in MM really does have to do with the fact that it was developed right after MM, but I think that the timeline still has to have the oracles games after ALttP to make sense. Also, We can be pretty sure that the Link in LA is the one from ALttP, and I have heard that the oracles games end with link sailing away on a boat much like the one in LA. (I have the oracles games, but haven't gotten to play throught them yet, so though I've heard how they end, I've not seen it yet. The boat might be in one of the individual endings rather than the joint ending)

I don't recall the TP story stating that Ganondorf's trial took place during the child timeline. That sounds more like speculation than an actual stating of what the game itself said. Its good though, whether its your idea of what happend or what actually was said to have happend, it makes perfect sense, since Ganondorf did turn his back on the King of Hyrule even before he entered the Sacred Realm in OoT, we know he would still be punished for his actions. If anything, TP didn't answer anything for me as far as a timeline goes. Its hard to place TP anywhere in a timeline in my book, other than the fact that it seems to take place before Hyrule was flooded, and apparently after OoT since everyone has their pieces of the Triforce.

I doubt that Nintendo will ever give us a timeline.They just can't seem to care.

Why would they not care about the people who is putting money in their bank accounts? That dosen't make sense, that they just don't care enough to state a timeline. There are only two options, either Nintendo has no yet came up with an official timeline, or they have and are building onto different parts of it which we can't seem to figure out, because we don't know what they know.

In a lot of ways, its better for them not to tell us what the timeline is. For one this part of the forum would be pretty much done with, no one would have their own views and oppinions and be pretty bored all the time, and the series wouldn't be half as fun because we would have no reason to pick out certain things that might just make one game come after the other.

The reason why I said that is because Nintendo does not care about a game's story.I mean look at Mario,it's always the same thing.And he's there main character.

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
there are games that come before OoS/OoA on the child timeline where Ganon is defeated. this would explain why Twinrova is trying to ressurect him. youre making this way more confusing than it has to be. in TP, Link defeats Ganon/dorf. thus, there are enemies trying to ressurect him, thus explaining your question.

i have just thought of this in mc they say that the hold festivels ever 100 and there are kingstine pieces but none occur in oot plus in the begining there are monsters in the field and places even before ganon now in mc it says at some point the piccro make a four sword and the hero seals away all the montsers in this land which means there are no more monsters also i think mc takes place after WW because look at the land of hyrule in mc there are places not located in the oringinal hyrule like veil falls a swamp no zoros domain this is becuses this land is the place that toon link and tetra(zelda) found to be the new hyrule and if its after ww there would not be anymore zoras and few gorons like in mc and this land has the piccro plus the lands sacred sword is the four sword as the master sword was left back in hylrule

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
i have just thought of this in mc they say that the hold festivels ever 100 and there are kingstine pieces but none occur in oot plus in the begining there are monsters in the field and places even before ganon now in mc it says at some point the piccro make a four sword and the hero seals away all the montsers in this land which means there are no more monsters also i think mc takes place after WW because look at the land of hyrule in mc there are places not located in the oringinal hyrule like veil falls a swamp no zoros domain this is becuses this land is the place that toon link and tetra(zelda) found to be the new hyrule and if its after ww there would not be anymore zoras and few gorons like in mc and this land has the piccro plus the lands sacred sword is the four sword as the master sword was left back in hylrule

the sword in WW is the master sword... and at the before you get the master sword, youre just given some random sword by the swordmaster. there is absolutely not mention of the picori in any game but MC so i dont know where you got that from..

Link and Tetra find the originial Hyrule so i dont understand why you think they are looking for a new Hyrule.

the fish in the game that give you advice could be zoras that were somehow evolved to meet the needs of living in a big ocean.

im not understanding your explanation in the first part.

for all you know, OoT comes WAY after MC and many things could change between the two games.

MC is the first game in the timeline because of obvious reasons. the story told at the beginning of the game is a legend that has nothing to do wtih any other game and is about a warrior other than Link. you start the game with no hat, which by the end of the game ends up becoming a permanent part of Links attire which explains why he wears a hat in every other game (because each warrior wants to dress like the original hero).

the sword in WW is the master sword... and at the before you get the master sword, youre just given some random sword by the swordmaster. there is absolutely not mention of the picori in any game but MC so i dont know where you got that from..

Link and Tetra find the originial Hyrule so i dont understand why you think they are looking for a new Hyrule.

the fish in the game that give you advice could be zoras that were somehow evolved to meet the needs of living in a big ocean.

im not understanding your explanation in the first part.

for all you know, OoT comes WAY after MC and many things could change between the two games.

MC is the first game in the timeline because of obvious reasons. the story told at the beginning of the game is a legend that has nothing to do wtih any other game and is about a warrior other than Link. you start the game with no hat, which by the end of the game ends up becoming a permanent part of Links attire which explains why he wears a hat in every other game (because each warrior wants to dress like the original hero).
firrst i all i never said the sword wasnt the master sword im saying that because at the end of ww the master sword has been left behind in the depths of hyrule well in minish cap it has a whole new sacred sword which is the four sword so in this new land of hyrule that tetra and toon link find the name it hyrule as well and at some point monster come in which the the four sword is made and really i swear u didnt even read what i said the rito are the ones who evolved from the zoras its says that in ww and at the end of ww the king tells them that they must find a new land which they set out to do at the end of the game. i dont think u have even played WW

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
firrst i all i never said the sword wasnt the master sword im saying that because at the end of ww the master sword has been left behind in the depths of hyrule well in minish cap it has a whole new sacred sword which is the four sword so in this new land of hyrule that tetra and toon link find the name it hyrule as well and at some point monster come in which the the four sword is made and really i swear u didnt even read what i said the rito are the ones who evolved from the zoras its says that in ww and at the end of ww the king tells them that they must find a new land which they set out to do at the end of the game. i dont think u have even played WW

hahahaha ive definitely played the game. just because i didnt remember a part from a game made 4 years ago doesnt mean i didnt play it. MC is definitely the first game in the timeline and DOES NOT come after WW. also i dont remember anything about Link and Tetra setting out to find new land for Hyrule. and im pretty sure the on the timeline, the Legend of Zelda original game is set on an ocean shoreline (and is the only game that does so) so either Link and Tetra found their new land there (and not in MC) or the oceans somehow receeded resulting in Hyrule coming back to the surface.

hahahaha ive definitely played the game. just because i didnt remember a part from a game made 4 years ago doesnt mean i didnt play it. MC is definitely the first game in the timeline and DOES NOT come after WW. also i dont remember anything about Link and Tetra setting out to find new land for Hyrule. and im pretty sure the on the timeline, the Legend of Zelda original game is set on an ocean shoreline (and is the only game that does so) so either Link and Tetra found their new land there (and not in MC) or the oceans somehow receeded resulting in Hyrule coming back to the surface.

play the ending again u will see that they set out to find a new land and i just have this feeling that oot is first

Zemen

[Insert Funny Statement]
play the ending again u will see that they set out to find a new land and i just have this feeling that oot is first

a feeling doesnt mean youre right and im not saying im right but it makes the most sense for MC to be first for SOOOOOOOO many reasons. its the only game (besides links awakening) that has absolutely nothing to do with Ganon/dorf. my explanation for that is because Ganon/dorf had not been introduced in the series yet (he is introduced in OoT which would mean that if he is not introduced into the series yet then MC would come before OoT). and as i said before, in the original LoZ, Hyrule is set next to an ocean (and, besides for WW and PH, is the only game with an ocean). that could be the new Hyrule that Link and Tetra find which would put LoZ after WW and not MC.

Chris

It has been awhile...
Man, I am just getting into Timelines and it is way too hard, it all is so confusing...I think I need a tutor to help me with Timelines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom