• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Timeline Discussion

Actually, my argument is that the hero who seals Ganon prior to ALBW is a hero we haven't seen yet, and that the ALBW backstory is referring to the Era of Chaos, OoT, ALttP, and this new event while completely ignoring LA and the OoX due to them not taking place in Hyrule, mashing them up as one legend, which would explain why the hero is portrayed as only one person in these paintings.

Also, it doesn't make sense for ALttP/LA to be Oracles Link as Oracles Link doesn't remember Zelda. Encyclopedia changed it for the better.

Ah yes, that makes sense. OoX can't be the same Link. I posted this headcanon elsewhere:

For a simple explanation on why Zelda has to reintroduce herself to Link in OoX can be just some random anomaly from Veran messing with time travel. If this was Nintendo's offical explanation, I don't see fans being too upset. With Marin from LA looking like Zelda while Zelda in OoX has a very similar sprite, the boat at the end of the credits and the beginning of LA, and now LAHD having a closer boat design and Link wear the same OoX clothes, I believe it was the developers' intentions for OoX to be between ALttP and LA. And, if Link stopped Ganon's revival in OoX, it would make sense that evil people were still trying to revive Ganon. If Link is adrift at sea after LA, it gives evil people time to revive Ganon, just so LA Link can come back and defeat him again, being the backstory of ALBW.

If they remake the Oracle games, I hope they tweak Zelda's dialogue to give ALttP/LA Link even more credit. But, with what we have, it's enough to separate the two.

Because ALBW's backstory hero did things like collect the pendants and fight evil alongside the descendants of the Wise sages that sealed Ganon, I saw it as another journey with ALttP Link, and that Gramps was this same Link. He even had a Master Sword (maybe the other one from OoX), but he could easily be another hero with these items simply passed down to him. Mashing it up as one hero rather than giving the backstory hero a more original backstory is kind of obnoxious. Either fully committing to ALttP Link or fully committing to a clearly different hero would have been better.

I think most people think that despite Gramps not being ALttP Link, he's still seen as the ALBW backstory hero, which is still cool (like if the hero of men met TMC Link).

AwdryFan1997

you are not immune to propaganda
Actually, my argument is that the hero who seals Ganon prior to ALBW is a hero we haven't seen yet, and that the ALBW backstory is referring to the Era of Chaos, OoT, ALttP, and this new event while completely ignoring LA and the OoX due to them not taking place in Hyrule, mashing them up as one legend, which would explain why the hero is portrayed as only one person in these paintings.

Also, it doesn't make sense for ALttP/LA to be Oracles Link as Oracles Link doesn't remember Zelda. Encyclopedia changed it for the better.
I think it still makes sense, since it's clear ALttP Link is clearly a player and probably wouldn't remember every chick he's met.
Ah yes, that makes sense. OoX can't be the same Link. I posted this headcanon elsewhere:

For a simple explanation on why Zelda has to reintroduce herself to Link in OoX can be just some random anomaly from Veran messing with time travel. If this was Nintendo's offical explanation, I don't see fans being too upset. With Marin from LA looking like Zelda while Zelda in OoX has a very similar sprite, the boat at the end of the credits and the beginning of LA, and now LAHD having a closer boat design and Link wear the same OoX clothes, I believe it was the developers' intentions for OoX to be between ALttP and LA. And, if Link stopped Ganon's revival in OoX, it would make sense that evil people were still trying to revive Ganon. If Link is adrift at sea after LA, it gives evil people time to revive Ganon, just so LA Link can come back and defeat him again, being the backstory of ALBW.

If they remake the Oracle games, I hope they tweak Zelda's dialogue to give ALttP/LA Link even more credit. But, with what we have, it's enough to separate the two.

Because ALBW's backstory hero did things like collect the pendants and fight evil alongside the descendants of the Wise sages that sealed Ganon, I saw it as another journey with ALttP Link, and that Gramps was this same Link. He even had a Master Sword (maybe the other one from OoX), but he could easily be another hero with these items simply passed down to him. Mashing it up as one hero rather than giving the backstory hero a more original backstory is kind of obnoxious. Either fully committing to ALttP Link or fully committing to a clearly different hero would have been better.

I think most people think that despite Gramps not being ALttP Link, he's still seen as the ALBW backstory hero, which is still cool (like if the hero of men met TMC Link).
Time travel anomalies would also explain why Link was so damn short in OoX.

??? There is literally nothing to back up your claim that Link is a "player," and secondly, you think anyone would forget meeting the princess of Hyrule? After saving her multiple times from Ganon?

AwdryFan1997

??? There is literally nothing to back up your claim that Link is a "player," and secondly, you think anyone would forget meeting the princess of Hyrule? After saving her multiple times from Ganon?
Have you seen this kid? Look at how many chicks he picks up! That kid's a dirty player. Little punk rat kid.

AwdryFan1997

Guys, I just fixed the Timeline.

So, at the end of OoT, where was Ganon sealed? The Sacred Realm (as I recall). Where is the Triforce stored? The Sacred Realm. Ganon was literally locked away in the same place as the Triforce... as stated in ALttP. In TWW, Ganon escapes the Sacred Realm, with the wall drawings depicting him in his beast form, which is what he does when he gets the Triforce. Could this have been the Imprisoning War? I've already thought about ALttP being set in New Hyrule after Spirit Tracks... I dunno, it's 12:09 AM, I need sleep. My brain is in pain.

Guys, I just fixed the Timeline.

So, at the end of OoT, where was Ganon sealed? The Sacred Realm (as I recall). Where is the Triforce stored? The Sacred Realm. Ganon was literally locked away in the same place as the Triforce... as stated in ALttP. In TWW, Ganon escapes the Sacred Realm, with the wall drawings depicting him in his beast form, which is what he does when he gets the Triforce. Could this have been the Imprisoning War? I've already thought about ALttP being set in New Hyrule after Spirit Tracks... I dunno, it's 12:09 AM, I need sleep. My brain is in pain.

Ganon wasn’t sealed with the whole Triforce he only had the Triforce of Power, Zelda and Link had their respective pieces. In Wind Waker Triforce of Wisdom had been passed down through generations until it reached Zelda/Tetra. Triforce of Courage split upon Link in OoT returning to his childhood.

I will say that I do like how the AT in the official timeline has nothing after ST, though; gives Nintendo more room to get creative, maybe introduce a new villain for New Hyrule. I also like how putting TMC and FS pre-split makes it so Vaati can potentially show up again in the AT and DT, like he does in the CT.

I do think that having the multiplayer games in this timeline with the unique villain Vaati counts as something creative. Having Vaati among villains like Bellum and Malladus in a post-sinking of Hyrule world works for me. TFH can be on this line, too, since Linebeck is a memorable figure? I just don't see the green-haired toon TFH Link as being the same as ALBW Link.

We haven't seen Vaati in a while and a part of me feels like he's just not going to come back, and I don't see him causing trouble after WW with the official timeline anyways. There's probably a bunch of other demons sealed in Old Hyrule that may be practically gone for good under that Great Sea. Nintendo will probably only give Vaati back in a remake :(

Imagine Ghirahim or Zant or some other evil blue henchmen returning in a game with Vaati like how Hyrule Warriors did it...That's the dream!

AwdryFan1997

Ganon wasn’t sealed with the whole Triforce he only had the Triforce of Power, Zelda and Link had their respective pieces. In Wind Waker Triforce of Wisdom had been passed down through generations until it reached Zelda/Tetra. Triforce of Courage split upon Link in OoT returning to his childhood.
This is why I shouldn't pretend to know anything at 12:09 AM. :shrugs:

I do think that having the multiplayer games in this timeline with the unique villain Vaati counts as something creative. Having Vaati among villains like Bellum and Malladus in a post-sinking of Hyrule world works for me. TFH can be on this line, too, since Linebeck is a memorable figure? I just don't see the green-haired toon TFH Link as being the same as ALBW Link.

We haven't seen Vaati in a while and a part of me feels like he's just not going to come back, and I don't see him causing trouble after WW with the official timeline anyways. There's probably a bunch of other demons sealed in Old Hyrule that may be practically gone for good under that Great Sea. Nintendo will probably only give Vaati back in a remake :(

Imagine Ghirahim or Zant or some other evil blue henchmen returning in a game with Vaati like how Hyrule Warriors did it...That's the dream!

The thing about having the FSS in the pre-split portion though is that Vaati can show up in any of the three timelines. He might not return after the ending of TWW, but they could put a game between OoT and the Great Flood that has him as the main villain. Or anywhere on the DT, for that matter.

AwdryFan1997

my head canon timeline
SS>OOT>MM>TP
SS>OOT>ALTP>Zelda 1 and 2 (can be future timeline or downfall i dont follow windwaker)
Wind Waker really muddied up the entire continuity, honestly. A Link to the Past was so much better without the whole Downfall Timeline rubbish.

Wind Waker really muddied up the entire continuity, honestly. A Link to the Past was so much better without the whole Downfall Timeline rubbish.
imo classic games become better when you know OOT Link failed but in the end of the day headcanon matters its just games Toon Link games are part of their own universe BOTW maybe is a reboot

:shrug:i understand the timeline but if people dont know where botw goes then where will botw2 go?

After BotW :bubsy:

I actually liked how WW was the game that 'went away' from old Hyrule and Ganon. I wish that timeline was used more for more out there and creative non-Master Sword, non-Ganon and non-classic Hyrule Zelda games. As for continuity, I liked seeing WW and PH as parallels for ALttP and LA (both heroes kill Ganon and then have dream whale adventures). ST could also have been a fun parallel to ALBW since Niko in ST was friends with the last hero (from WW) while Gramps in ALBW could have been the hero (from ALttP). But, if OoX Link is a different Link, then Gramps has too much distance from ALttP. TP would also be a cool WW parallel with killing off Ganondorf with a finishing Master Sword blow, but WW is most likely long after OoT while TP is closer, so maybe TP could parallel Ganon's return in WW's backstory?

Hard agree on the Downfall timeline thing. OoT never had a good relationship to ALttP's backstory anyways, unless the Imprisoning War was a separate event that happened afterwards. Ganon was apparently killed in ALttP just to return in Zelda 1, so Ganondorf could've done the same after either the adult ending of OoT (until WW came out) or some time after MM since his whereabouts were unknown (until TP). With WW flooding Hyrule and all, ALttP had no issue after TP.

Chevywolf30

The one and only.
Forum Volunteer
Alright, I'm just gonna post this because it's my best guess. I haven't even played BotW, so I could be very wrong.

BotW goes at the beginning of the DT. Link dying in OoT caused the Calamity (the BotW one, not the AoC one). You start BotW in the Resurrection Shrine, because Link was literally dead. That's all I got, feel free to build on/ disprove that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom