• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

A Link Between Worlds Time Travel?

I been hearing stories ( rumors) that ALTTP2 might have time travel in it were we travel to the past to the events of the original ALTTP, that's all ive herd about that.
i really hope that their is NO time travel in this new game, yes time travel is in OOT,MM but they did it right.

However the time travel in SS to me felt kinda rushed and just didn't seem to fit with he story too well. HOWEVER i did like the time shift stones, but the time gate thing just seemed abit rushed and it did lead to some confusion. when writing in a time travel plot you have to be careful or you can mess things up, im sure Nintendo knows that, but for me time traveling in Zelda is getting kinda old but that is just my opinion.

Now if their is time travel in ATTP2 and it was done well then how can they use it? perhaps instead of going back to the past why not go to the future?, after all the title is " a link to the past" but then again OOT has done that. so my question is, should their be time travel in ALTTP2, and if so how can it be used in the plot?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I highly doubt it given that time travel had no bearing on A Link to the Past's story. There has been no confirmation on time travel as far as I know. And I highly doubt it'd be used effectively, if at all.

I highly doubt it given that time travel had no bearing on A Link to the Past's story. There has been no confirmation on time travel as far as I know. And I highly doubt it'd be used effectively, if at all.

Aside from this ^, I'd imagine that, if anything, the "drawing" mechanic will be placed on the forefront. Any time travel or semblance thereof will probably be minor or altogether nonexistent. However, in my opinion, it'd be duncical on Nintendo's behalf to include a time-travel mechanic that could potentially obfuscate a "fresh, new" gameplay mechanic such as becoming a drawing. Wouldn't want to ruin that...

Maybe Nintendo can use time travel to make another timeline split, because lord knows we don't have enough of those.

Mellow Ezlo

Spoony Bard
I do not think Time Travel will be in this game, for the sole purpose that it wasn't in ALttP. Sequels in Zelda typically use a similar formula as the previous game, and ALttP2 has already added something new (the drawing mechanic). Now I know OOA had time travel, and was in the same general story, but ALttP2 is strictly a sequel to ALttP, even if it does in fact come after OOX. If they intended it to be a sequel to the other four games in that sequence of events, then it wouldn't be titled A Link to the Past 2.

So no. It is doubtful that time travel will be in this game.

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
TSter thats something i dont see mentioned here a lot, is a game AFTER AoL/Zelda II. Kudos

i think... well.. i try not to but here we go. I think its possible that time travel WILL be in this. But i dont know much about the game, and i going nut waiting for details, but something tells me we will be doing something big in this, or else why would they come back to the same era, instead of just the time line!

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
I don't think there will be time travelling in this game, but I think it would be interesting if Link from this game time travels to the events of the first ALttP and needs to do something there and come back to the ALttP2 world.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom