• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Time to Cry: Is It Already too Late for Skyward Sword?

Is it already to late for Skyward Sword?

• Yes. It's to late for Skyward Sword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. The game will become a huge success

• Shut up Unlucky! You are a Pessimist

• Total voters

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
dawsoncryingu.jpg

Yes, it's time to cry a bit. I would like to talk about that Skyward Sword will maybe a bit outdated by it's release. Think about. Every main Zelda was a top seller for a Nintendo Home Console. They were praised by fans and professional reviews. Ocarina of Time was a revolution. Twilight Princess sold millions of copies and is to date maybe THE most successful Wii game for the Core audience (along with the Super Mario Galaxy Series).
Now we got Skyward Sword. The game is set to release near the end of the Wii era. That's unique. There is a similarity to Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess was released near the end of the GameCube Era, but it was also the start of a new Home Console Era for Nintendo, the Wii. But it looks like Skyward Sword will not be released on the WiiU, well that's good, because Skyward Sword isn't a HD experience.
It was easy to port Twilight Princess to the Wii.

I have no doubts Skyward Sword will be a superb game. That's for sure. But there is a chance for Nintendo the game will sink like the Titanic. And I mean the sales. Maybe it's already to late for Skyward Sword to achieve something in the world of gaming. Like all the other main Zelda Titles done in the past. And maybe it's Nintendo's own fault. Everyone is talking about the WiiU now. I think this WiiU Zelda Tech Demo was an even bigger topic at the E3 compared to Syward Sword. It would be a shame Skyward Sword won't be recognized, or better, realized because of the WiiU Hype.
I think, somewhere in 2010 would have been a perfect Release Date for Skyward Sword. Now, everyone is hyped by the Tech Demo.

So, I can only hope I will be really wrong with my theory. But what about you? Is someone thinking the same as I am?
Well, if you don't like to answer in this thread, there is a vote too ;)

Last edited:
C

CosmicChan

ahh i wouldent worry just yet, i mean theres that huge zelda fanbase you have to think about, they will help the game thrive and prosper as any zelda game shoud ^^

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
The motion controls in Skyward Sword should influence the industry, and it should be a masterpiece enough to be Game of the Year.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
You have to consider that the Wii has been more popular among the casual audience than any other console ever. Now, not all the casual audience will be interested in Skyward Sword, but I have no doubt that Nintendo can get some of them by advertising it. The great thing about the casual audience is that they are hardly early adopters. The casual gamers are not going to be the people who pre-order the WiiU; they probably won't even be sold on it until they, you know, play it at some friends' houses, etc. So they will be sticking with the Wii longer than the core audience. But then, the core Zelda fan audience will all get Skyward Sword anyway. So, no, I don't think Skyward Sword will be too late.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Er, have you seen how many freaking people are on this site anticipating and preordering SS? I wouldnt be too worried. And not to intrude, but OoT and TP weren't the only two fun and great-saling games in the series. Just my opinion....:sweat:;)

Nah, it'll do fine. First of all, every true Nintendo fan will either get it and love it, or wish they had a Wii so they could. There are a lot of Zelda fans out there, and I bet you most of us have a Wii, even if we aren't doing much with it right now.
Then you have to figure in how many people own Wiis all over the world right now. The system, as we all know, has had huge success with the casual gamers, and out of all those people, there have to be quite a lot who will go in for SwS. Even if only a fraction of them buy it, add that number onto the Nintendo fanboys/girls, and you've got a decent number right there. Plus, there are people who might buy a Wii because of this game, if it gets good enough reviews: it might convince them that there are enough good titles on it to justify a purchase, especially since the price-tag is quite low now.

Also, I do believe that MM came out pretty late in the life of the N64, and look how much of a fan base it's gotten.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Well, I'm split on this.
On the one hand, Zelda is a very big series and we didn't have a console game for almost 5 years now. Plus the Wii has been selling extremely well (86M units vs 54M Xbox360s and 50M PS3s!) so this could help sales.
On the other hand, it's really late in the Wii's life span now and the power of the console is best compared to a mid-end 90s PC. Even if some of you won't admit it, graphics are an issue, even if not a major one. The Wii still has a maximum resolution of 640x480 so strictly spoken this is on the same technical level as 1950s TV broadcasting. For comparison, I played games on my PC back in 1998 at 1280x1024 resolution (more than 4x the pixels, and that's 13 years ago!). Sure, gameplay is more important than graphics, but people have to buy the game, and the fact is that before you actually own the game, the graphics are about the only thing you can judge reasonably well because gameplay is hard to rate if you haven't played the game by yourself. Almost everyone I know has at least one 46" TV standing around, and the Wii looks just mediocre on such a screen.

So I think it will be a moderately selling game, neither a flop nor a bestseller, I'm estimating that probably 4-5M copies will be sold and it will get an average 8.5(+/-1) rating (of course this is still a wild guess and I might be totally wrong).

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
What are you talking about? The Wii still has about a year to go, and Skyward Sword will be sending it off with a bang. It's not gonna be like with the GC version of TP, as the GC was the worst-selling Nintendo console (besides the Virtual Boy). The Wii has been the best-selling console Nintendo has had yet, even more than the 64. Plus, most people aren't going to buy the WiiU right off the bat. And, even if they do, they can still get Skyward Sword with it. There's absolutely nothing to worry about, here.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
if it gets an 8.5 rating i doubt Miyamoto will make any more zelda games as that is an absolutely atrocious score for a zelda game. Its going to get an average of 9.8-10 for its rating as Miyamoto said to his team if they do not make this the best zelda they will not be making any more. TP and OOT both received perfect scores from many critics so SS is likley to also get the same reception. It's been in development for 6 years now so It will be amazing. Guaranteed!

Dukusword

Hylian Warrior
If SS got released in 2010 it would of been rushed, so it's good it's releasing in 2011. Skyward Sword will be amazing.

Rinku

Suupa Saiya-jin
I've been thinking the same think for quite some time now...

I'd call it a 35-65% thing. meaning that 35 it fails to revive the console and the 75% .... well we all know now dont we? :)

It's developement sure did take lots of years and that is going to have an impact nontheless wether it's positive or negative!
That's the risk of trying to polish a game and not wanting to deliver smthing rushed! Well on the other hand TP was nearly the same thing, though it came on a console already dead, but Nintendo made an exemplary marketing move, by making it a Wii port. Not that they will do the same with SS but still has it's risks!

Zelda fans will love it that's for sure! TP got 8-8,5/10 scores but Zelda fans claim to be a masterpiece(it is in its own way), despite being a Zelda game that was missing that smthing,or a Zelda with awsome Graphics!

So my verdict is that Haters gonna hate, Fans are gonna love it! But on how well will it go that's up to the people who will review it! Lets face it if it gets even one negative comment out of 99 positives (be sure to be controls or graphics as always) it will have a HUGE impact on SS selling rates!

Unlucky sounds like the Irate Gamer lol. But it will be huge. Not on the scale of OoT, but it will mark a movement in the console Zeldas.

Everyone is still going to buy it. People didnt buy TP for the Gamecube only because it was ported onto the Wii. Since this isnt getting ported, and there is a lot more time between releases, every true Nintendo fan is going to pick it up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom