• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Time to Cry: Is It Already too Late for Skyward Sword?

Is it already to late for Skyward Sword?

• Yes. It's to late for Skyward Sword

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No. The game will become a huge success

• Shut up Unlucky! You are a Pessimist

• Total voters
D

diledude92

Well, skyward sword should be coming out sometime before the end of the year. The wii u, is coming out next year, idk when yet. Also, that was a tech demo, although I think it has been confirmed they are indeed working on a zelda wii u. But people have been pumped for this game since E3 2010, so no, definitely not too late.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
Unlucky sounds like the Irate Gamer lol. But it will be huge. Not on the scale of OoT, but it will mark a movement in the console Zeldas.

Haha, please don't compare me with such a dork :D
I have much faith in this game. It's more, I'm a bit worried.
So, it looks like I'm really the only Pessimist here ;)

lol the polls hilarious. I predict SS will be a great game. Maybe a top 3 Zelda if they can pull it off. My main concern is controls and difficulty.

Unlucky Monkey

The Great King of Apes
lol the polls hilarious. I predict SS will be a great game. Maybe a top 3 Zelda if they can pull it off. My main concern is controls and difficulty.

The controlls in the 3D Zelda games were always a bit difficult, but never worst. Except from the horse riding, the controlls in Ocarina of Time 3D are highly improved. Really enjoyable compared to the original version.
But there is one game featuring horrible controlls. It's the Wii version of Twilight Princess. So I really looking forward to the Motion Plus controlls in Skyward Sword. A controll disaster like in Twilight Princess will not happen again I think. Nintendo promised. And Motion Plus is a nice feature. I love to play Tiger Woods PGA Tour on the Wii with this controll method.

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
In case anyone hasnt noticed, it really wont matter..I cant picture all these people flooding the stores to buy the WiiU. In my eyes
it looks like a bad system anyways. Why do such an upgrade when there really isnt a need for one?
Zelda as we all know is an undying classic series that is loved by everyone.
Wether its the Wii or the silly WiiU, it will be a hit.

have u realized the the Wii U is going to have full backwards compatibility with Wii games so you could play Skyward Sword on the Wii U. Even though it's released towards the end of the Wii's life you don't have to worry about it being a bust since it'll be awesome on the Wii U (regardless of HD or not).

Last edited:
Wait?! So we have to throw all our faith and hope for Zelda on a game we know litte about. So then Skyward Sword would HAVE to be the best for more Zelda.
Worst case scenario
1.We throw all our faith for mario and zelda on two games.
2.The games fail.
3.NO MORE MARIO OR ZELDA FOR ALL ETERNITY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere

There's absolutely no reason to be worried about the controls. Trust me on this: the Wii Motion Plus is 100% accurate. Its precision is unmatched. It really is like we're swinging the sword. Wii Motion Plus is as legit as it comes, and anyone that says otherwise either sucks or had it calibrated improperly.

Now we got Skyward Sword. The game is set to release near the end of the Wii era. That's unique. There is a similarity to Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess was released near the end of the GameCube Era, but it was also the start of a new Home Console Era for Nintendo, the Wii.

Don't forget MM.

As to answer your question, I'm not worried. Fans will enjoy the game regardless. Besides, most people actually wait a year or 2 before buying a new console. They wait for a price drop and they wait for games to get released on that particular system.

green goron

Best of the Gorons
I think it will do as well as all the other zelda games. Everyone zelda fan will get it and the Motion Plus makes it an experienced no game has yet captured.

GustJar88

Links Secret Crush
have u realized the the Wii U is going to have full backwards compatibility with Wii games so you could play Skyward Sword on the Wii U. Even though it's released towards the end of the Wii's life you don't have to worry about it being a bust since it'll be awesome on the Wii U (regardless of HD or not).

There is still no need to worry over a waste of an upgrade.

AustinFox33

The Last Kilgannon
I wouldnt panic yet. Its one of the first games to really utilize wii motion plus controls and theres a whole crowd of people itching for that alone. Not to mention the crowd of people camping a various gamestops the night of its release. Plus near holiday season so there will be quite a few casual fans adding it to their Christmas lists just because it looks cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom