• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Thunder Helm problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there. I have a weird problem with the helm. I read all over the net that it's lightning proof (no damage at all). I'm confused because when I get struck I still suffer 1,5 heart loss. I've searched everywhere and didn't find anybody with similar problem. So that's why I'm trying here. Is there any good soul willing to help an anventuter in need :-) Is this a bug that occurred specially for me? If so well I'll be damned!

Its never happened to me.

...youre not standing in the fire it creates in the grass afterwards are you?
No. I was on a solid rock ground. Anyway did flame damage not occur after short period of time? I mean you get the flaming body temperature bar for a second.

I've not had anything like that regardless of equipped weapons and clothing, setting and rain youre not supposed to take damage. Not sure what's happening with you.

I've never worn it while fighting electric enemies but nothing happens when lightning strikes me from the sky.

Could be a bug but its a weird one if it is.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Stupid question in all likely hood but are you fighting bokoblins or anything?

Like explain the situation, location everything you can please.

Stupid question in all likely hood but are you fighting bokoblins or anything?

Like explain the situation, location everything you can please.
Well I'm wearing soldier armor (except the helm of course). Just wandering around Calora Lake and farming chests. It hit me just now twice and my hero got burned for a moment. So probably it's flame damage but why?

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Well I'm wearing soldier armor (except the helm of course). Just wandering around Calora Lake and farming chests. It hit me just now twice and my hero got burned for a moment. So probably it's flame damage but why?

I'm assuming you have helm on with the soldier armor? You're still attracting lightning strikes via metal gear (i swear first who makes a joke about snake i will shoot them with a harpoon) the Thunder helm means you take no damage from the lightning when it hits but you could be sustaining fire damage which is still damned odd as it's raining.

Hmm very odd idea but are you seeing a corona of electricity around you at the time of impact?

I'm assuming you have helm on with the soldier armor? You're still attracting lightning strikes via metal gear (i swear first who makes a joke about snake i will shoot them with a harpoon) the Thunder helm means you take no damage from the lightning when it hits but you could be sustaining fire damage which is still damned odd as it's raining.

Hmm very odd idea but are you seeing a corona of electricity around you at the time of impact?
I don't know exactly what you mean but I see sparks on me before strike. Lightning hits me normally and there's a flame for a second. Does this guy around make any difference? (just asking) IMG_20171024_213230.jpg

Ok. Now i see. Being around this guy during the storm is a bad idea. Lightnings strikes me all the time. Sometimes without damage and sometimes with flaming damage. It's weird but hey.....it's fun! :-D

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
Yes. Farosh can still damage you with his bolts.

Looks like you're safe on the lightning bolt front but it's the dragon harming you.

Rubber armor at level 2 can help with that

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Funny, because the whole idea of the Thunder Helm is that it protects you from the blasts from Nabooris

I've never had a problem with it. Until now. I'm riding the royal horse across east akkala and I keep getting injured when I'm struck. About 1 1/2 hearts. Edit, I am wearing the wild set,the master sword and the hylian shield.

I've never had a problem with it. Until now. I'm riding the royal horse across east akkala and I keep getting injured when I'm struck. About 1 1/2 hearts. Edit, I am wearing the wild set,the master sword and the hylian shield.
Update, I am only being injured while on the horse. The horse gets shocked, I get thrown and injured.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Okay that's solved but for the next time it's better to make a thread about it rather than replying to a 3 years old thread with the latest reply 3 years ago. The TS hasn't been active so his question was already solved.
And to toss in a reply : Always make sure your armor is upgraded (if it can be upgraded) by a great fairy ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom