• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Thrift Store Gaming Finds

Jimmu

Administrator
Staff member
ZD Champion
Administrator
Thrift Stores often have assorted retro games and gaming related merchandise passing through them. Have you ever been lucky enough to score something great at a thrift store?

I haven't gone so many times so I have not but I've been browsing online and it seems like some people have some pretty awesome finds occasionally.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
I was at a Savers recently and found a copy of "Nintendo Heroes: Link and the Portal of Doom", a scholastic kids book from 2006. It was only 2 dollars, too! I also got a hardcover collectors edition of the BotW guidebook there over a year ago.

thePlinko

What’s the character limit on this? Aksnfiskwjfjsk
ZD Legend
I once found an old pong console for about $10 ad goodwill, I looked it up and in its current state it’s about $100.

I also found a copy of wii sports resort somewhere for $3. The lady there tried to sell me a PS1 for twice as much as it was worth too.

Spiritual Mask Salesman

CHIMer Dragonborn
Staff member
Comm. Coordinator
Site Staff
Not really a thrift store, but it was kind of unexpected. I went into a comicbook store downtown back in 2008 and found some Nintendo 64 and GameCube games. I picked up Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones for GameCube there which was a stroke of luck, I wanted it for a really long time but I couldn't find it.

Edit: thinking it over we got an SNES when I was really young from some random thrift store in St. Louis, before we moved.

Dizzi

magical internet cat....
ZD Legend
I once found an old pong console for about $10 ad goodwill, I looked it up and in its current state it’s about $100.

I also found a copy of wii sports resort somewhere for $3. The lady there tried to sell me a PS1 for twice as much as it was worth too.
Pong table.. why is my brain going rude!! Plus i got hyrule historia from my local oxfam...

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Picked up an old Action Replay for the Nintendo 64. It wasn't really a thrift store so much as it was one of those local video game stores that isn't just focused on selling new games. They carry a lot of retro games, consoles, and peripherals. Felt like a cool find.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom