• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three Questions

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
Is there any sub boss more powerful than Blaino? I know wall masters and the eye...sucker...thing from Link's Awakening plop you back at the beginning of the level but you're stuck in a room with Blaino and he's so dang quick! If this dude whacks you, you're going to wake up feeling like you got hit by a train! The shop owner from Link's Awakening comes to mind as the most powerful but he's not a boss or even a sub boss. There's flippin' Moldorm from Link's Awakening too. Not as big of a deal as getting walloped by Blaino but he's even more erratic. Super annoying.

Next question: I was watching Zeltik's new video and realized for the first time that the inside of Phantom Ganon's upper jaw is textured! This draws attention to the fact that he has no power jaw. For that matter, his skull is obviously not that of a human. So why no power jaw? What was this creature in life or, if there was no original creature, what is this skull supposed to be emulating?

Question three: So do some gerudo just have green skin? Ganondorf, Koume and Kotake have green skin as does Twinrova (probably doesn't count). What got me thinking about this was Veran's skin color. She's got kind of a teal/green thing going on. She also has the new Gerudo symbol on her shoulder pads (90's chicks, am I right?). I don't believe it's ever overtly stated in OoA but perhaps she's a Gerudo? She's also a demon fairy and a beetle and a bee and a spider sooo...just a guess. But General Onox also bears the new Gerudo symbol and has a much lighter skin tone. Both Veran and Onox are minions of Koume and Kotake so there's definitely a connection there.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
1) I'd argue that a lot of the field bosses in BotW are stronger. Barring some heavy armor upgrades, a lot of them are capable of dropping you in just a hit or two.

3) I'm going to put on my tinfoil hat and assume that their skin color was changed to green so that Nintendo could sidestep accusations of making the only people of color in their video games into villainous thieves. It's an issue they don't fully avoid, since all the Gerudo in Ocarina of Time are criminals, thieves, and murderers.

Last edited:
Is there any sub boss more powerful than Blaino? I know wall masters and the eye...sucker...thing from Link's Awakening plop you back at the beginning of the level but you're stuck in a room with Blaino and he's so dang quick! If this dude whacks you, you're going to wake up feeling like you got hit by a train! The shop owner from Link's Awakening comes to mind as the most powerful but he's not a boss or even a sub boss. There's flippin' Moldorm from Link's Awakening too. Not as big of a deal as getting walloped by Blaino but he's even more erratic. Super annoying.
Lynels. That's probably it.
Next question: I was watching Zeltik's new video and realized for the first time that the inside of Phantom Ganon's upper jaw is textured! This draws attention to the fact that he has no power jaw. For that matter, his skull is obviously not that of a human. So why no power jaw? What was this creature in life or, if there was no original creature, what is this skull supposed to be emulating?
It looks like a little baby dragon maybe? With no lower jaw?

So do some gerudo just have green skin? Ganondorf, Koume and Kotake have green skin as does Twinrova (probably doesn't count). What got me thinking about this was Veran's skin color. She's got kind of a teal/green thing going on. She also has the new Gerudo symbol on her shoulder pads (90's chicks, am I right?). I don't believe it's ever overtly stated in OoA but perhaps she's a Gerudo? She's also a demon fairy and a beetle and a bee and a spider sooo...just a guess. But General Onox also bears the new Gerudo symbol and has a much lighter skin tone. Both Veran and Onox are minions of Koume and Kotake so there's definitely a connection there.
Maybe practicing certain magic makes your skin green, like a sickness? I've always thought of Veran as more Sheikah-related because of the inverted Sheikah eye on the front of her robe, but her teal skin may be result of evil corruption? Her "true form" is as a fairy however. Not sure where you can see Onox's skin, but maybe he uses different magic (the only spell I remember him using is sinking the Temple of Seasons, whereas Veran is shapeshifting and possessing people constantly).

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I always assumed that the green skin was connected to "purity" of Gerudo blood. Most Gerudo are born from regular Gerudo mating with Hylians, but Ganondorf himself comes from the former king of the Gerudo mating with another Gerudo, creating a more pure offspring. I don't have much to support this and honestly it feels kind of squicky, but that's where my head's sat since I was a teenager.

returnofMCH

here from bulba, don't expect much
I always assumed that the green skin was connected to "purity" of Gerudo blood. Most Gerudo are born from regular Gerudo mating with Hylians, but Ganondorf himself comes from the former king of the Gerudo mating with another Gerudo, creating a more pure offspring. I don't have much to support this and honestly it feels kind of squicky, but that's where my head's sat since I was a teenager.
of note is that we never see the previous gerudo male in canon (closest we get is cadence of hyrule, which doesn't count) so there's no way to confirm if this is the case or not.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I mean, it doesn't really make much sense. If the Gerudo king were around and able to impregnate all the other Gerudo, there would be more green-skinned children of the King, and also the Gerudo hooking up with other races wouldn't be such a regular thing

returnofMCH

here from bulba, don't expect much
that is point, but also remember that because of the king only being a hundred year occurance, who knows how much impregnating goes on before the current one kicks the bucket. doesn't help that the one male gerudo in canon we see instead chose to speed up the process through the triforce before his intentions corrupted over time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom