• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Three Heart Challenge

I have just started my three heart challenge so I am on the same boat as you I have already finished the Deku tree and Dodongo's cavern I am now on to Lord Jabu Jabu XD (I started a couple of days ago) I do not use any milk or potions and etc.

R

rainbowbrewster

I don't think I could ever do that for multiple reasons
1) I'm just not that skilled
2) I'm a perfectionist, everything has to be 100% completed. I think I would freak out if I didn't have any upgrades and whatnot.

Moonlight: I love your picture, I just lol'd wicked hard :]

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Fear not, perfectionists: a 3HC can still be 100 percented...just, you have certain restrictions. Also, a 3HC requires no skill at all; you are simply playing through the game with the limitation of three heart containers only. It may take some trial and error, but you will soon be breezing through without a pain in the world!

I tried a minimalist though. I have 1 concern, to make the game harder, get rid of you Deku shield as soon as possible. NO HYLIAN SHIELD. But when going up Death Moutain to the the Great fairy, there are falling rocks that get in the way, and for all I know they are impossible to get past without a shield. Any suggestions?

Last edited:

MW7

I don't think I could ever do that for multiple reasons
1) I'm just not that skilled
2) I'm a perfectionist, everything has to be 100% completed. I think I would freak out if I didn't have any upgrades and whatnot.

Moonlight: I love your picture, I just lol'd wicked hard :]

1) Just don't worry about dying or carry a bunch of fairies everywhere

2) I'm a perfectionist as well and I used to only beat the game 100%. Then I thought about doing a minimalist run and realized that it requires even more attention to detail than a 100% run. You have to really understand the minor details of the game to beat the game with the least amount of items possible. Now for example beating the game without ever getting the goron or zora tunics is even more fulfilling IMO than getting all the hearts or golden skulltulas.

Having said that, just play the game in the way you want to play. Don't sacrifice fun for a novel challenge unless you think it would be fun.

I tried a minimalist though. I have 1 concern, to make the game harder, get rid of you Deku shield as soon as possible. NO HYLIAN SHIELD. But when going up Deathy Moutain to the the Great fairy, there are falling rocks that get in the way, and for all I know they are impossible to get past without a shield. Any suggestions?

There is actually a very easy solution. When you get to the area just before the falling rocks, look at the far end of the path and turn around 180 degrees. Then backwalk to the wall; you won't get hit because backwalking is faster than the rocks can reach you.

Last edited:
A

Ancientgu150

Its reasons like this that im scared of Skyward Sword, you start out with SIX hearts there, and can have up to five bottles.

I tried a minimalist though. I have 1 concern, to make the game harder, get rid of you Deku shield as soon as possible. NO HYLIAN SHIELD. But when going up Death Moutain to the the Great fairy, there are falling rocks that get in the way, and for all I know they are impossible to get past without a shield. Any suggestions?

Just roll, you can make it before you lose all three hearts(do make sure you have all three hearts full first though). Plus at the end you are seeing a Great Fairy so you will get all your health back.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I doubt I would ever try an minimalist run of the game. I find it much too diffiult for that. I am, however (kkinda) trying a 3-Heart Challenge. I haven't tried it in ages, but I did make it up to Phantom Ganon. Of course, I usually die on him with like 9 hearts and 3 fairies, so It's going to take a lot of work to beat him this way.

Y

Yazz

Can't say I've done the 3HC or a minimalist run of any of the LOZ games, I may just have to kick the fella of tonight & have a shot at it then..
As soon as it gets fixed, I might do TP & SS as a minimalist run though, always up for a challenge :D

Its reasons like this that im scared of Skyward Sword, you start out with SIX hearts there, and can have up to five bottles.
- would it be a case of losing six hearts & then doing a 3HC d'you think? :3

I think I'm going to attempt a 3HC. It's going to be hard, because I'm always extremely careless about my hearts. But I've played the game countless times now, and I'm up for a challenge!

TheMightyThor

The Thunder God
Last night I had literally 3 hearts of health dealing with Twinrova. It was intense not to get burned or frozen and in the end twinrova went down. I might actually try the three-heart challenge my own way, by collecting 'No Heart Containers'.

I think it's perfect for using the Red and Green potions since in the game I usually don't buy them when I face boss and mini boss enemies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom