• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three Heart Challenge

Have you done the Three Heart Challenge?

• No, never tried.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I have tried.

• Yes, I have completed the challenge.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
Do you consider the three heart challenge a legitimate challenge?
If there are rules, what would you consider a rule? (ex. fairies, great fairy damage upgrade, potions)

How many of you have actually attempted or completed it?
I've done it in OOT. Thought about doing it in MM, but that game is hard.

I completed the challenge for Ocarina of Time, as well as Majora's Mask. I never thought about using a potion, probably considering I only had three hearts. Lmao. It was a challenge, at first, but since I've played the games so many times it was second nature to not take damage. It's easy if you've blasted the games in to your brain, but hard if you've never played an LoZ game before.

Funny story, back when Ocarina of Time was first released, after I beat it, I was given the challenge by a friend. Sort of a, "Lets see who the better LoZ player is" kinda thing.

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
So far, I have one done on 3 heart challenge, that being the Wind Waker. When I have the time, I plan on doing one for TP or OoT next, and then MM after that. I also plan on doing one for Skyward Sword after doing a regular play-through once. The rules that I like the play under are no fairies, no potions, no upgrades except for the wallet upgrades, however getting the magic armor on WW and TP are allowed, though I only used the Magic Armor in WW when I really needed to in the last floor in the Savage Labyrinth.

yes I've completed a total of 3 three heart challenges, in Ocarina of Time, The Windwaker and Twilight Princess. Twilight Princess was the easiest and the hardest was believe it or not the Windwaker. i am currently working on Majora's Mask 3 heart and its a pain because of the difficulty of the bosses. My 3 heart challenge rules are simple obviously we start with 3 hearts and stay that way, but then there is the no deaths rule if you die you have to restart the whole game fairies are a like a save from death so you can use fairies, no upgrades, and no potions.

Nicole

luke is my wife
Look at my siggy and you'll find out!

I have done a 3 Heart Run of TP. I started out doing a minimalist run, and I got all the way up to the mid-boss in Snowpeak Ruins. Too bad I couldn't get past him. In the end, I used no quiver upgrades, no wallet upgrades, didn't buy the magic armor, and had one bottle with a fairy, the bottle that was required.

I plan on tackling WW on 3 <3 , and then MC or OoT.

Hylian Knight

Green Armored Menace
You don't have to follow these rules but I consider a 3 Heart Challenge is

No shield in combat(except when game forces you to example Koume and Kotake in OoT)
No going to fairy fountains
No using bottled fairies, red or blue potion.
but you can use a fairy to heal if find it by cutting grass but not put it a bottle.

You don't have to follow these rules but I consider a 3 Heart Challenge is

No shield in combat(except when game forces you to example Koume and Kotake in OoT)
No going to fairy fountains
No using bottled fairies, red or blue potion.
but you can use a fairy to heal if find it by cutting grass but not put it a bottle.

Seeing the first on the list makes me want to play the game without a shield. XD

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
I've done it for OoT and MM. My rules for a regular 3 heart challenge are pretty much no extra hearts (obviously), no carrying healing items in bottles, and no defense upgrade ... MM includes no using the FD mask on Majora since it makes the fight so ridiculously easy it's like a borderline game hack, and no Chateau Romani to give yourself unlimited magic.

D33V92

Son of the Patriots
I used fairies, but I only used two and never had a game over. The thing that made it easy was the fact that OOT is basically hard-wired into my brain. After posting this thread, I might do it again with anarchistbigred's rules, or Hylian Knight's rules or a combination of both. I'll do MM after I get 100% completion and I've already started TP.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
I actually hace done it just once...

In ST, and I ddint really mean to, I just played until the ocean temple, finding out I had gotten any hearts
So then I decided why not...

But oh well, I guess that happens when you play a game too much...

Also ive tried OoT but the Darknuts always get me dead

I

I ♥ Watermelon

I've completed the three-heart challenge for Twilight Princess.

I started on Ocarina of Time in mid-2009, but I got to the Shadow Temple and haven't played since. I suppose I was just too lazy to complete it.

bbevington90

The Mask Salesman
Yeah, I've done it a few times (sort of), as seem in my signature below. I've completed the 3 Heart Challenge in OoT and MC, and I've done a minimalist run (least amount of extra weapons/upgrades/hearts as possible) for ALttP. I'm also working on one for TP

You know instead of a 3 Heart Challenge why not a Full Hearts no damage at all Challenge? My answer for the poll is no.

I've done a Three Heart Challenge for almost all the Zelda games I own:
Ocarina of Time- Wasn't that bad, I thought it was pretty easy until I got to Ganondorf/ Ganon. It was easy, but I still made those careless mistakes.

Majora's Mask- Same like Ocarina of Time, just those few careless mistakes that caused me to be very frustrated.

Minish Cap- I'm still working on it, and so far, I'm doing pretty awesome with it. I hope battling Vaati will be easy. =)

Phantom Hourglass- I personally thought it was the easiest one. Attack's were predictable which was easy to dodge and everything else.

Spirit Track's- I have too keep on restarting it due to me forgetting I'm doing a Three Heart Challenge. =(

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom