• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Three-Branched Timeline Split Explanations

To ottobot

In your, technically, reasonable theory, you propose that Ganondorf wins because Link disappears from the timeline. What do you then think of the Historia clearly stating that Link battled Ganondorf and lost (when he was an adult, had the Triforce of Courage and had awakened the Sages)?

(Translated by GlitterBerri on glitterberri.com)

It should be noted that it is previously stated that this event takes place in the "adult era" and that the previous page described the awakening of the Sages.

/Blue Window

while this is true, i just feel that if one split involves time travel then the other split should too. i don't think it makes sense that a timeline should split for no reason.
EDIT: that is to say, why does the timeline split here? why isn't there a new timeline for if you die in the second room of Dodongo's Cavern? there's nothing in game that would suggest that the Final Boss is special.

Last edited:
To ottobot

I think that the general conclusion is that Nintendo wanted to put the Classic 2D-games in their own timeline to allow them to have a place in the timeline, but at the same time not have any impact on the modern games (for no games has been released on the DT since 2001 when OoX came).

However, in theory, a new timeline can be created if WW Link never finds New Hyrule, and instead finds a land called Yoshi's Island.

/Blue Window

Psykeout

Bill Clinton
I think it's a little easier to wrap your head around if you think about it in terms of Ganondorf, not link. Ganondorf is either defeated never, in the past, or in the future.

Not that this is an extremely relevant two cents but that's how I explained it to my buddy and I wanted to mention it somewhere.

E

ebilly99

Problem guys with time travel theory guys. In ALTTP there is a master sword and you must recover the Soul stones. Could it be that the split happened all the way back to the Great Deku tree? Perhaps he had the ability to see a future where he never gave link the stone... Or even where Ganon had entered the sacred realm. Perhapes the Hero Defeated Timeline is the timeline where link never left the forest?

Problem guys with time travel theory guys. In ALTTP there is a master sword and you must recover the Soul stones. Could it be that the split happened all the way back to the Great Deku tree? Perhaps he had the ability to see a future where he never gave link the stone... Or even where Ganon had entered the sacred realm. Perhapes the Hero Defeated Timeline is the timeline where link never left the forest?

They are not the same object, and there is nothing to support the idea, if there is I would like to hear it

E

ebilly99

There is plenty to explain that the Spirtual stones are the Pendants.
#1 Both unlock the Master sword
#2 Are located near the same location (save for the Pendant of Power, However saying that was a wedding ring of the zoras that can moved)
#3 They represent parts of the triforce

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
This is from GlitterBerri, which in turn is from HHistoria:
•The Seven Sages Seal Away the Demon King, Ganon

Finally, Ganondorf obtains the Triforce of Wisdom that dwells in Zelda and the Triforce of Courage that dwells in Link. Having obtained true power, he becomes the Demon King, Ganon. The people of Hyrule, lead by Princess Zelda, seal away the Demon King, Ganon, and the Triforce in the Sacred Realm as a last resort.

What I don't understand is that Ganondorf obtained the Triforce from Zelda. Wouldn't that, I dunno, kill her (he'd obtain the Triforce and become ruler of the world)? Obviously, the point in which Link is defeated (in the final battle against Ganon) is a complete hypothetical, a what-if. I really see no point in Nintendo even developing games for the Defeat Timeline, because we know it's all hypothetical now.

S

Staldra

There is plenty to explain that the Spirtual stones are the Pendants.
#1 Both unlock the Master sword
#2 Are located near the same location (save for the Pendant of Power, However saying that was a wedding ring of the zoras that can moved)
#3 They represent parts of the triforce

SPOILER so the flames in SS are the spiritual stones?

Originally Posted by VanitasXII

What I don't understand is that Ganondorf obtained the Triforce from Zelda. Wouldn't that, I dunno, kill her (he'd obtain the Triforce and become ruler of the world)? Obviously, the point in which Link is defeated (in the final battle against Ganon) is a complete hypothetical, a what-if. I really see no point in Nintendo even developing games for the Defeat Timeline, because we know it's all hypothetical now.

In WW, we see Ganondorf taking the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda while she is alive, so it is possible to take someone's Triforce piece without them getting hurt (much).

I don't think that Nintendo will expand upon the DT anymore, since it only contains the classic games (and no games has been added to that timeline in over a decade). It seems like the DT was created in order for Nintendo to be able to put the old games on to their own timeline, wihtout them interfering with the modern games.

/Blue Window

fused_shadows

Brave Knight of Truth
@VanitasXII.

What I don't get from that line is that if Ganondorf has obtained the complete triforce, he cannot just be sealed away like that. He has the full triforce! The full fragment of the gods power! No matter how powerful Zelda and the sages are, they have nowhere near the power of the Triforce. Just the Axle the Beast said, this timeline is a complete cop-out. Rather than try to figure out a timeline that makes sense, they make up a random third spilt without thinking it out. This timeline has the most arguable placements of games of any timeline I have seen. Nintendo=FAIL!

To fused_shadow

Ganondorf was sealed when he had the full Triforce by the Sages already back in 1990, in the AlttP back story, so this is not a new idea.

/Blue Window

In WW, we see Ganondorf taking the Triforce of Wisdom from Zelda while she is alive, so it is possible to take someone's Triforce piece without them getting hurt (much).

I don't think that Nintendo will expand upon the DT anymore, since it only contains the classic games (and no games has been added to that timeline in over a decade). It seems like the DT was created in order for Nintendo to be able to put the old games on to their own timeline, wihtout them interfering with the modern games.

/Blue Window

Maybe they wont, but they seem to consider it:

Hyrule Historia translation said:
•Peace in Hyrule
Link, having obtained the Triforce of Courage, used the power of the Triforce to awaken Princess Zelda I. He had prevented Ganon’s revival and restored peace to the land of Hyrule.
Epilogue

The power of the gods had been restored to Hyrule Kingdom through the courage of a young boy. Did generations pass, full of peace and the light of prosperity? Or did the curtains open to an age of darkness where people sought and contested each other for power? The future of this timeline has yet to unravel.

To cucco002

They might, of course, continue to expand on the DT.

Still, both after ST and FSA there are hints of a possible continuation.

When old kingdom was destroyed, Hyrule walked a new path in the world carried by the wind. With only a few remnants of the Lineage of the Goddess left, what will happen to the new generation? From now on, a new history will be spun.

The Sorcerer Vaati was swept up in the endless reincarnation cycle of Ganondorf the thief. The question of whether or not the Light World can escape the threat of darkness remains. There may again come a time when the Four Sword is necessary.

(Source: ShiKage, Snowbrigardier and GlitterBerri och glitterberri.com)

/Blue Window

I really see no point in Nintendo even developing games for the Defeat Timeline, because we know it's all hypothetical now.

I actually hope that they make some games on the defeat timeline, for 2 reasons. 1: a game on that timeline might help explain the ganon is defeated stuff, and 2: i noticed that there is still no game for the imprisoning war in AlttP's Backstory, and i think a game for the imprisoning war would be fun to play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom